Awful! Get a load of this...  16%  [ 11 ]
Enough about me, tell me about you!  49%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 69
 Post subject: Re: ♣~Group Therapy~♣ | For venting, chatting, motivating da
Posted: May 7th, '19, 20:11    

memoriam

Hugs: 217109
Mood: Mood.
So does it mean they already made up their mind about you? That sounds like a great opportunity for you :)

Yeah, I have some updates. So my mom is marrying this creepy guy X'D And she got the ring, so it's official. Although she's still not really happy with how it all turned out. She talked to the notary about the prenap etc., but he didn't say anything specific so she'll be searching some info on her own I guess.
And she also had a job interview this morning (I hope) but Idk how it went. Maybe I'll call her later. What I know is, she's read some opinions about the company and a lot were negative, so she got discouraged... :mcsweat: She's very stubborn in believing nothing good will ever happen to her. (I mean duh, she's marrying the guy she only likes in a way and because she believes he's the best it gets so... that speaks in and of itself)
But also, they set the date on the day my bf is flying out with his friends for the weekend soooo he's not gonna come, sadly. But well, if the whole thing was done properly then maybe it would turn out differently. And of course, I had no choice but t o become her maid of honor, since she has nobody else she feels that close to. But I don't think we'll be doing something crazy, she has no friends as I mentioned XD

And I've done 1 hour of overtime today, because job was getting really messed up. My whole team had to stay a bit longer. But seems like that's all it would take so we'd be on schedule again. Fingers crossed.
I'm tired. But Ash surprised me with a rum ball, so that's super nice of him.

(1) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: May 9th, '19, 06:37    

MissNikki

Hugs: 103680
Mood: Tired. Always tired.
I kinda feel like yes, they already hired me but I am waiting for something official in writing I guess. That's what I'm used to when I get a job, at least the last couple. LoL. The boss lady also mentioned she has to get approval for my salary so there was that. She called me today while I was in the shower, and when I called her back she wasn't in the building so I sent her an email and left a message with another staff member. Hopefully she calls or emails tomorrow! :mccute: I'm hoping they can work with me and give me shorter hours to start out cuz I think it will take me a bit to get back into the working groove after being off for so long. :mcheh:

Ugh, sorry to hear that your mom is going through with it - is the date far away at least? I hope she gets the job - I always recommend not looking at too many reviews of places because a lot of hateful people like to post bad reviews just to be vindictive so they could not be very truthful. And I hope if she does get the job that she really likes it! I feel like your mom deserves something better for herself. :qh:

Sounds like you worked really hard - hope you get a good rest! And mmm yummy rum ball! Heheh. :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 9th, '19, 13:29    

memoriam

I hope she gets back to you and they can offer you what you're counting on. :mchappy: But either way, congrats! :D

It's July 20th XD So pretty darn quick. They don't want anything big, just the quick wedding ceremony in the registry office (or whatever you call that) and a family dinner and that's it. So now wonder it's quick. But she's upset my bf will not attend. but he can't do anything about it since he's got all the tickets booked etc.

I love rum balls :mclove:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 10th, '19, 19:25    

MissNikki

She did get back to me and it is official, I will be starting there in June. Probably on the 4th and I will work 3 days a week at first, which I'm happy with. :mccute:

Can you convince your mom to change the date to sometime after your boyfriend comes back?? LoL. Anything to postpone it haha! :mclaugh:

I am glad you are there for her though, she is your mom so I'm sure your support means a lot to her :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 10th, '19, 20:46    

memoriam

Yay, it's official! *sprinkles confetti rain on you* congratulations again, I'm happy they offered you part time for the start :mccute:

Heh, I'm not sure. Maybe i'd be able to convince her, but he might be problematic :mcheh: i'll talk to her on Sunday because she's taking a short breather from everything.
Plus it's not like Ash actually wants to come. He hates weddings etc. :mcheh: of course I won't ever tell her that :mcargh:

Also about her job interview, major fuck up XD she didn't check how to get there properly, then she got off the bus on a very wrong stop, walked a lot, there was no contact with the lady, got there half an hour late, the lady was on the meeting and the receptionist told her to wait another half an hour and mom just didn't decide to wait since it was already late and she has a job still.
But i told her not to beat herself up, I've literally done worse at least a couple times :mclol:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 11th, '19, 07:43    

MissNikki

Oh nooo, that sucks. I know how it is to get lost trying to find a new work place. I hate finding a new place on a bus route, it's so stressful! I'm glad she at least has a job already to fall back on. :mcheh:

And thank you! :qh: :mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 11th, '19, 20:30    

memoriam

Well, she's supposed to stay until the end of May, but she's been there far too long. Her boss is a cunt and the other women are also pretty toxic (overall a very abusive environment) so I'm not exactly happy that she didn't manage, but I try to stay positive and I think she'll have plenty more opportunities.
Although I'm afraid my optimism won't be enough, as she's a puddle of negativity herself... and it is about her life after all. I believe in the "what you give is what you receive" life policy. And she's SO negative it's painful. Nevertheless, I cross my fingers for her.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 8th, '19, 18:04    

memoriam

I took a workshop on stress management at work last Friday. Didn't help and even made me really angry and stressed. It definitely wasn't professional, just a guy at our office "wanting to help other people". So, the atmosphere was like we're on some AA meeting or something. But okay. Then this stupid thing, when he puts us into pairs and we have to actively listen to the other person while they talk about themselves for 2 minutes straight. I'm like, that's dumb and not really stress related, unless you want to actually stress us out, we're not here to meet people, the introvert in me is screaming, but at least I discovered I am not as boring as I think. Then the catch is, we have to present our pair to everyone else after that. So..... public speaking is a fucking stressor, okay? good job, dude. But okay, I survived, even though due to STRESS I forgot like half the things she told me about herself and only began recalling after a few moments....
Next exercise: we get red post-its and yellow post-its. On the red ones we're supposed to write down our own stressor or two. On the yellow one we have to write down our strategy to deal with that stressful situation. Of course I wrote down public speaking, because that's the easiest, I just got slapped with it on a stress mnagement workshop, so yeah. Imma write that shit down and my strategy is totally not being able to deal with it. Great.
Now time's up, the guy asks: "who's stressed out by public speaking?" at least half of the people raise their hands, but I was the fastest. So he says: "Julia, go to the white board and tell us about it" . . .
Great fucking thinking, you idiot, you just ruined my day completely by stressing the fuck out of me on a workshop that is supposed to teach me how to deal with stress. You're a fucking genius, go get a fucking Nobel.
I was pissed until the workshop was over. I will never listen to my supervisor again and will never sign up for any "personal development" workshop at my office. Not unless it's done by actual professionals.

(0) (0)

[ 268 posts ]