[ 34 posts ] 
Which book would you choose?
Poll ended at Jun 23rd, '18, 21:58
Kim Harrison - Dead Witch Walking  50%  [ 1 ]
Philip Pullman - The Ruby in the Smoke  0%  [ 0 ]
Anne Rice - The Wolf Gift  0%  [ 0 ]
:food:  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: Re: Let's read together...
Posted: May 3rd, '18, 21:31    

Addicay

Hugs: 5537
Oh, nobody posted since my last post. And I myself forgot to edit that post. :mcsweat:
So... Yeah. Reading. Of course.
Since my edition is german, I can't tell how many pages. I thought maybe 7 chapters? Thats 49 pages for me.

Hadn't had much time to read this week, so I'll read on the weekend. :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 4th, '18, 03:23    

Ms_Zuralli

Hugs: 24105
Mood: Done being an adult
Yahoo Messenger: halloween_azurill
Cool. I don't yet own a copy and my local bookstore won't have it in til Monday, which will be fine as it's not that much to read. Do we have a discussion day?

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: May 5th, '18, 09:50    

Addicay

My first thought was to meet every sunday. But you don't own the book yet. So I think we can discuss throughout the week and decide next sunday how to go on. And maybe Meags will join us too?

(0) (0)

Posted: May 5th, '18, 23:55    

Ms_Zuralli

Hopefully they do, it'd be pretty awesome.
Sunday is fine with me as that is my only true day off, though obviously not this Sunday as I do not yet own the book. If I get the book Monday (hopefully it will be in by then), how about we have have our discussion Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest?

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: May 7th, '18, 17:18    

Addicay

Yes, we can begin on wednesday. And decide where we go from there. :qsml:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 10th, '18, 05:07    

Ms_Zuralli

I ended up reading eight chapters because I kind of got into it. This book kind of has a different feel to the prequel Red Dragon.

I think if Hannibal wasn't predisposed to murder he would make a very good host, especially since he has manners, he does seem to be almost the perfect gentleman.

The way he can get information and read people is, not frightening, but maybe thrilling? It's kind of weird that he knew about Crawford's wife when no one else knows yet and how he was able to discern that simply from talking to Starling as I doubt that whatever connections Hannibal may have would have been able to gather that information.

Crawford must see a lot in Starling to have assigned her to Hannibal, because though she is very willing, she is still a student. An excellent one and probably pretty up there in her class, but still a student. I find it odd that Hannibal has taken a liking to her as well, or so it seems. I honestly didn't think that she would try and follow up on the trail the Hannibal is leading her on or that Crawford would be obliging seeing as it is a closed case.

I don't know how book clubs really work, so feel free to reel me in if it's sounding reportish...

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: May 11th, '18, 05:57    

Addicay

Sorry for the delay, I didn't feel well.
First of all, this book was a present and somehow I didn't realise that it is the second book in the series. Sometimes I don't think about something.
That being said, I liked it so far.
Clarice seems to be a strong woman who is able to adapt to situations quite well. The accent on the phone and the intuitional speeking with Hannibal.

So I didn't read Red Dragon but it is clear that there is a history to the relationship between Crawford and Dr. Lecter. And that Hannibal wrote this note is appalling.

I don't know how I feel about "don't listen to Hannibal" to "do you think Raspail had only one car?" That is not palpable yet. But I am very curious what may be the valentines gift. And Clarice committed instantly in this.

I can only support your impression, Ms_Zuralli.
I don't know how book clubs really work, so feel free to reel me in if it's sounding reportish...
Haha, don't ask me. But this is just the beginning. And I think not much to discuss yet.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 11th, '18, 15:26    

Ms_Zuralli

Are you feeling better? Light soup and green or herbal peppermint tea is always good on days that you're not feeling well.

That's okay, somethings won't make sense if there are references to Red Dragon, but since I think it has a bit of a different feel to Silence of the Lambs either way it'll be okay.

I do agree that Clarice is very adaptable to whatever situation that she finds herself in, but I have a feeling that she might be jumping into something that may be more than she can chew, especially since she's basically doing something that Hannibal suggested.

Even without reading Red Dragon, the note will always be appalling.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: May 11th, '18, 17:20    

Addicay

I am better now, thank you very much.

Do you like to meet again on this sunday? And since it is not much time, again only a bit - I thought of chapter 8 to 14. Then we can think of more pages in the next week.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 11th, '18, 23:29    

Ms_Zuralli

This Sunday would be great.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

[ 34 posts ]