Mystic  42%  [ 15 ]
Instinct  44%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Zombie apocalypse pokemon team
Posted: Oct 14th, '18, 21:54    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 73266
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I know its not an actual game but my nerdy coworkers used to use this to get to know each other. If you had to pick a pokemon team to survive the zombie apocalypse who would you pick? The rules are as follows: no legendaries, you must provide yourself with at least food, water, and shelter using these pokemon, and you must take their possible real world limits into account ( an example of this is pidgy can fly but would be too small to carry you). Feel free to use pokemon from any generation and share why you picked them.

My team i chose was based off gen 1 and i picked:

Rapidash: can be used to produce fire for warmth and cooking. Its speed is high and it can be ridden in my case. With some research i realized rapidash is small for a horse but i’m also tiny so it is doable as long as i’m not carrying a lot.

Golduck: water gun can produce freshwater when none is available and surf is a valuable move. Me and golduck are close in height so he wouldn’t be able to surf with me on his back completely but the abiltiy swift swim would come in handy. His ability to also learn psychic attacks and the move strenth would also be an asset.

Rydon: can produce shelter and amazing defence against hoards. Rydon is slow so he cannot be user by himself for escapes but can dig tunnels and escape routes.

Electrode: can be used to produce electricity that can be used to power lifesaving devices, or as an attack against zombies. Smokescreen can also be used as a diversion tactic or as part of an escape plan. In a pinch explosion or self destruct can do a lot of damage as long as I can get out of the way and later recover electrode.

Venasaur: one of my favorites and can be used to stun enemies as well as put animals and other wild pokemon. Vine whip can also be used to get fruit and tools from otherwise unreachable places. Speed is an issue but the versatility in non combat sistuations would be helpful.

Scyther: this one was a tough choice between scyther, beedrill, and butterfree. All three can be used for scouting due to their abilty to fly and can be used to detect food and zombie attacks. Scyther won out due to his combat abilities and although beedrill is very combat capable as well, poision wouldn’t work as well on zombies as hackkng them to pieces would and beedrill is much louder which could give away our position.

Well that’s my team. Feel free to share yours

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Post subject: Re: Zombie apocalypse pokemon team
Posted: Oct 17th, '18, 14:34    

light_sucks

Hugs: 158375
Mood: vaguely alive
I love this! Looks cool!

My team:
Arcanine - For transportation, warmth, cooking, hunting, defense, and something to cuddle.

Onix - Transportation, blocking hoards (they're made of rock and zombies can't bite them), shelter, and for cuddling when it's hot.

Gyarados - Water transport, fresh water source, fishing for food, and defense.

Dragonite - Scouting, transportation, finding food, and defense.

Pikachu - Power up electronics, love, and defense.

Jynx - Keeping food fresh, keeping me cool during the summer, defense.

I feel like this is a fun game.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: Oct 23rd, '18, 17:13    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 73266
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I love your idea of using Jinx! Out of all the combinations people have come up with when we would play this at work, I think this is the first time Jinx has come up.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Nov 12th, '18, 05:07    

light_sucks

Hugs: 158375
Mood: vaguely alive
I am super sensitive to heat so I need something to keep me cool.
But this game is real fun. I hope some more people fill it out.
I might try doing a list for each generation. That would be fun.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

[ 4 posts ]