Maybe Yay!  15%  [ 11 ]
Maybe Nay!  16%  [ 12 ]
Dogs  31%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: Re: The Gem Room
Posted: Mar 11th, '23, 15:23    

Rubie

Hugs: 136871
I actually really like that. It reminds me of someone who always told me they are sending good vibes my way.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 11th, '23, 16:39    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101385
Mood: spiritual
that is a sweet person!

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Mar 13th, '23, 15:03    

Rubie

She is a little...different. She is sweet, but oh boy, did she drink the kool-aid, especially when covid happened. She's also anti-vax and just had a second baby. I'm just in awe at how much she's going to hurt her child for that.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 13th, '23, 17:02    

chuunibyou

that is really upsetting. you wouldn't imagine that someone who has empathy enough to wish you well would also lack empathy in all these other areas. :mcgloom:

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Mar 13th, '23, 17:07    

Rubie

I haven't talked to her face to face in years, but I get a feeling it's her husband's influence. She was so close to breaking up with him for good until she found out she was pregnant. But I can't say anything, because at least he matured after having one kid, but she had such a straight head on her. (look at me being a little gossiper)

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 13th, '23, 17:40    

chuunibyou

that's tragic. but yeah it's surprising that a logical person was influenced into becoming like this. people are more gullible than you'd expect.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 13th, '23, 20:37    

Rubie

Yeah it was a weird time when covid happen. I have cousins who are nurses and I thought they were smart, but some of the stuff they were saying was wild. But then again really smart people can be dumb (I know someone like this).

OH random but that reminds me, ideky but my aunt was talking to my mom about how some famous actors were drinking kids blood. And idr what website it is now, but she kept saying "go this website *insert url address* and read up on this." So while she was going on and on about it I looked up the website. It's shocking how websites can pretend to be real news sites and people believe it.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 14th, '23, 07:40    

chuunibyou

fake news is a pandemic of its own right now, i feel like there should be cyber laws against them. they spread so much misinformation and are actively harmful.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 14th, '23, 14:44    

Rubie

IKR. RN that same aunt has been sharing the scam posts from the local garage sale group on FB (I honestly don't go on there that much, but when I run out of things to read/catch up on I find myself going on there a little bit more lately) and it's so funny because almost always someone tells her it's a scam, but she keeps sharing these obvious fake posts. Like the one she shared was a place to "rent" and it had palm trees. Like woman, we don't live anywhere near palm trees.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 14th, '23, 15:45    

chuunibyou

she doesn't get better at spotting the fakes? that's sad

(0) (0)

[ 476 posts ]