Maybe Yay!  15%  [ 11 ]
Maybe Nay!  16%  [ 12 ]
Dogs  31%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: Re: The Gem Room
Posted: Apr 5th, '21, 22:01    

Rubie

Hugs: 136620
Had a busy weekend. How about you? Did you do anything for Easter? It's just another day to get together and eat food (which was fun since my mom's birthday was Friday so I got stuck seeing everyone twice over the weekend)

Right? I'm not a touchy feely person. I HATE hugs. I'm okay with like my mom, sister, nephew, etc. Close family. But it's like they INSIST on giving you a hug. Okay cool. AND OH MY goodness. My favorite is when they utter "I'm not racists." then make racist comments. It's like they don't know what they are saying is racist.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 6th, '21, 05:51    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72667
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I worked for easter. The hospital was short staffer so my boss who is in charge of the inpatient pharmacy and cancer treatment center pharmacy asked me to come in and she’s just going to give me overtime. It was a slow day though which was nice.

Oh god the second someone says “i’m not racist, but...” I already assume its going to be really racist.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Apr 6th, '21, 17:27    

Rubie

Oh not bad. I wouldn't mind working holidays. But we're closed on the major holidays. At the bank we were closed for every little holiday (which I loved because I worked 6 day weeks there).

I just bite my tongue because there is no winning with people who have that mindset.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 7th, '21, 03:08    

lunar_eclipse66

I never mind working most holidays. They’re usually not too crazy because most people don’t schedule surgeries around then.

How was your holiday?

Yeah arguing with those people is more frustration than its worth.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.

Posted: Apr 13th, '21, 14:58    

Rubie

Got busy working on my hobbies and playing a game over the weekend. I like how I've been spending time cross stitching, but my reading just went out the window for this year (barely touched my book I started like a month ago).

It was good. I spent it mostly at my mom's. I brought my knitting over. So I knitted and chatted after we ate and cleaned up.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 16th, '21, 00:01    

lunar_eclipse66

Knitting sounds nice. I wish I could knit. I’m glad your holiday was nice. I wouldn’t feel bad about not reading as much. Life is chaotic.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 16th, '21, 17:41    

Rubie

I learned from youtube videos. lol. I have almost conquered basic socks (I keep getting holes in the heel turn).

True, but after getting back into reading last year, I just keep kicking myself in the butt for not going and doing at least an hour of reading at night. I keep working on my cross stitch. Like if I don't cross stitch, I'll go read, but I don't want to stop cross stitching if I started working on it for the night.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 16th, '21, 18:49    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101285
Mood: spiritual
Maybe you could cross-stitch and read on alternate nights? But you might prefer doing whichever you want to in the moment.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 19th, '21, 15:00    

Rubie

That was actually my original plan. Well, it was more like do this for an hour, then do that. But Meh. I think I'm going to stick with knitting for this week because I finally picked my book back up last night and now I'm itching to read and with knitting, I only really do that while I'm watching something.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 24th, '21, 16:12    

lunar_eclipse66

I’m impressed that you can knit while also watching something. I’d screw up every where. When I used to crochet I had to watch what i was doing, but then again I was a child back then. So many people I see at work knit, it looks productive.

(0) (0)

[ 476 posts ]