Maybe Yay!  15%  [ 11 ]
Maybe Nay!  16%  [ 12 ]
Dogs  31%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: Re: The Gem Room
Posted: Apr 27th, '21, 16:26    

Rubie

Hugs: 136740
I cannot crochet for the life of me. I've tried a handful of times in my life with no success. See though, I don't do anything complicated (yet) but once I get the pattern down it is pretty easy to do it on auto-pilot. RN the socks I am doing is super basic stockinette stitch, which it just knitting and no purling since I'm doing it in the round. I will look up a video for the heel turn this time because I keep having holes when I do it just from reading the pattern. I still suck at weaving in ends, even though I watch a video EVERY time I weave ends in to make sure I am doing it right. lol.

I found a pattern for a chevron blanket to try eventually. That might take me a while to get use to the pattern.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: May 1st, '21, 18:52    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72688
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
Yeah the heel sounds like a difficult spot and i’d probably fail a thousand times over. I couldn’t even crochet a straight line back when I was a kid. A blanket sounds nice and cozy.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: May 4th, '21, 15:05    

Rubie

Believe me. This kit my mom bought me came with a pattern for toe up. I kept getting HUGE holes in the heel no matter how many times I undid it and tried to fix it. I gave up on that and found a cuff down, which is easier.

My few crocheting attempts were all wonky. lol. I want to try again someday, but who knows if I will.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: May 15th, '21, 18:57    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72688
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I didn’t even consider that patterns that start at different points would be so different. It makes sense though now that I think about it.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: May 19th, '21, 15:00    

Rubie

Yeah. It's honestly why it took me forever to do anything but basic blankets and scarves. I finally understand the abbreviations now too. lol.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: May 14th, '22, 23:05    

Rubie

Well I'm just going to bump this up to see if anyone wants to chat. We can talk about hobbies or events or whatever has been done today.

Potted some of the flowers I got from the greenhouse yesterday. I forgot I needed more potting soil so that's on my list of things to get this week. In case anyone was wondering.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: May 15th, '22, 01:13    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 43334
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
Hey Rubie, how's it going?

What kind of flowers did you plant?

(0) (0)

Posted: May 15th, '22, 01:32    

Rubie

Doing quite well tonight. Hbu?

Tbh I have no clue lol. They had such a varied selection that I just picked up a variety because the greenhouse I went to have a special of mix and match a tray for $20. The only ones I know for sure I picked up was a variety of petunias. Oh and a big red geranium and a few more succulents to add to my small collection.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: May 15th, '22, 01:53    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 43334
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
I'm not too bad, chilling and playing some pokemon while I post for those sweet sweet donuts.

Succulents are so cute. I remember I had a bunch of "chicks and hens" succulents when I was a kid, but it seems like they were a slightly different breed than what's really popular these days. I always keep my eye out to see if I can find some again.

....Tbh though I'm terrible with plants, so they might be better off staying away from me LOL

(0) (0)

Posted: May 15th, '22, 02:30    

Rubie

Ooh. I need to finish the "post game" story in Legends still. I'm so close but I keep always doing other stuff instead and never accomplish anything. It's why I'm not finished with botw yet lol.

See I have no clue what kind of succulents I have. I'm just like these are pretty I take them.

Lmao no I have no clue how this one succulent I bought right after I moved into my house almost 4 years ago is still alive lol. It's so long now. It's always a hit and miss with my succulents. Only one from the batch I bought last year is still alive but I kind of really damaged it a few months ago by dropping something on it so it looks really sad.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

[ 476 posts ]