Maybe Nay!  16%  [ 12 ]
Dogs  31%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: Re: The Gem Room
Posted: Jun 7th, '22, 00:36    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 42667
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
I'm playing Volt White recently, which is like a ROM hack of White, and I ran into a shiny lotad. He was violently pink and adorable. BUT I KILLED HIIIIIIM, by accident. RIP lotad, you live on in my memory.

I'm really enjoying the game though, they reworked a bunch of stuff to make the game more challenging. Even like the bug catcher kid trainers have 2 or 3 decent pokemon when you battle them, and there's a lot more variety. It really kind of feels like what mainstream pokemon could be if they weren't so insistent on making it impossible to lose LOL.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 8th, '22, 18:07    

Rubie

Hugs: 134727
Oh I never understood how to get DS/older games to work on my PC because I remember wanting to do a randomizer a few years back. But my laptop is 10 years old sooooo probably wouldn't work anyway because it's laggy af lol.

RIP lotad. Gone but never forgotten.

I feel like the main games, well at least in sh/sw, the battles were sooo easy. I hardly ever had to think too much to win them. I miss the days of fighting the elite 4 10 times to win it in silver version. because I was a wee little kid that went for pretty pokemon and didn't understand moves and stuff lol.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jun 10th, '22, 03:48    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 42667
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
Ohhh yeah, I actually tried on my elderly laptop first before using my desktop, because I thought it would be neat to like play on the couch. The emulator ran, but it ran at like 50% speed LOL. So all the attack animations took forever, and the music was super creepy because you could sort of tell it was the pokemon battle music, but it was really distorted and slowed down. I was like "I cannot take this music" and went right to the desktop looooool.

Yeah eh? I remember I had Pokemon Stadium for the N64, and the elite 4 was hella hard on that thing. I spent forever getting through it with different pokemon so they would show up in the hall of fame.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 10th, '22, 15:00    

Rubie

I want a desktop so bad but it's been forever since I got a new computer and the last time I had someone help me make sure I was looking at the right specs. But it's just so outdated. I haven't played anything on there for two years and it was city skylines, which ran mostly fine. I really wanna play that again but probably won't happen until I get a new computer. Also curious about the steam deck ngl.

I don't think I ever did the elite 4 on pokemon stadium lol. I mostly just played with other people when I would play it. Or use the pokemon tower thing to play red/blue/yellow on the tv.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Oct 28th, '22, 15:03    

Rubie

Went to do my check to see if any has wanted to chat and nope. No one has lmao. Also off the first page so I'm just going to bump it uuuupppp!

Lately my cross stitching addiction is out of hand, but I need to chill out buying patterns and everything that goes for it. I'm also paying a ton of money for my dog's medicine now so that's another reason I need to chill because I don't really have that big of a budget for crafts and hobbies anymore.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Feb 5th, '23, 10:59    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99689
Mood: spiritual
hi Rubie, i really like your avatar :qlov:

cross-stitching sounds so relaxing. what are the other crafts/hobbies you love?

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Feb 16th, '23, 15:59    

Rubie

Oh my gosh forgot to check this for a bit lolol.

Cross stitching is quite relaxing. I love the progress of it too.
I also knit, though that has taken quite the back seat because of cross stitch. I guess playing games on my switch can count too since I got a new game I've been playing the past few weeks lol.

How about you?

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 8th, '23, 18:39    

chuunibyou

my hobbies are writing and language learning. i'm not crafty with my hands but i really admire sewing, crochet and knits. kind of like how i admire music: i can't do it, but i love it when other people do it.
cross stitch is interesting. i like the cottagecore vibes.
i don't have any devices to game on. what game are you playing?

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Mar 8th, '23, 18:53    

Rubie

Oh I haven't wrote anything is years. I never completed my stories. And I'm jealous. I wish I could focus enough to learn another language. I tried Japanese a few times on my own, but I'd just get to making flashcards and notes and not studying them.
I did take a few years of Spanish and a semester of Ancient Greek, which was fun. Most people wanted to know it so they could study the bible and I'm like "just seemed cool" even if it was a dead language.

Oh yeah, I feel like such an old lady because of cross stitching. I like these fancy ladies (like Mirabilias and Bella Filipinas), but I also like a bunch of other stuff, from vintage to modern. I kick myself for not keeping up with cross stitch when I was little because one of these designers, I want one of her cross stitch pattern books, but it's easily goes for over $50 and I just can't commit to that right now (even though one pattern I bought was $80 pls don't talk to me about that)

I was, and need to get back to, playing Fire Emblem: Engage. I just need to do a lot of grinding because idky but I like to pick the hard setting even though I know I fail. And grinding is sooo time consuming in this game because the world map enemies are harder to fight and the other way you can grind gives like no exp.

(also I type a lot without realizing it)

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 8th, '23, 19:44    

chuunibyou

typing a lot is what forums are for!

i finish my original stories. but i'm notoriously bad at finishing fanfics, probably because i need a lot of external motivation to feel like writing them.

i struggle with focusing on anything at all these days, i'm just doing as much as i can. if my focus breaks, as it often does, i cut myself slack. it sucks when i can't focus on anything though. like my brain is overwhelmed before i even began anything.

i love things vintage and shabby chic and cottagecore so cross stitch is right up my aesthetic alley. i hope you find the pattern book for cheaper; i know the struggle of trying to get something that's out of print for a reasonable price.

grinding in games is such an uphill task.

(0) (0)

[ 476 posts ]