Maybe Yay!  15%  [ 11 ]
Maybe Nay!  16%  [ 12 ]
Dogs  31%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: Re: The Gem Room
Posted: Apr 7th, '20, 19:49    

Rubie

Hugs: 139908
It is. I found out today they got as far to down the hallway from the room she was at. They only let them in because they weren't showing symptoms, but they didn't let them see her. She wasn't even awake though from what I understand when they took her off life support. Her funeral is today and my dad isn't even going. Where they are holding the funeral is already bending the rules to have 12 people there (immediate family only) and I'm like dad, you're her family. I'm pretty sure his brother isn't going...or if he is that's why he isn't going (messed up family).

I'm okay. I talked to my sister about it. I just...I don't really remember her. I'm just sad and mad about the whole thing. Mad they never let her family see her, sad because I haven't seen her in years and I won't be able to now. I just know I'll never just not see my family no matter how close or far we are (Like my dad).

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 8th, '20, 19:43    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 73416
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
He should have gone. That’s the last time to really see them. The hospital here bent the rules a bit by letting a family member of a covid patient who was dying see then for the final time. I had to deliver the meds used for them when they were put on comfort care and it was sad sight. The family member was determined enough to gown up to be with them.

If you still need to talk for any reason, don’t hesitate to ask.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Apr 8th, '20, 21:54    

Rubie

That was nice that they let them see them. I understand why they don't want anyone, but just the thought of not being able to see them one last time is awful. It's like what do you do? I hope the hospital doesn't get in trouble for that.

I took the dogs to the vet to get groomed and shots and when I picked them up they forgot to give me some medicine. I didn't realize it at the time since I picked up medicine for one of my mom's dogs too. (Plus they are not allowing anyone in the vet so I didn't think to check until I got home...like how did I not realize I didn't get two boxes of meds???). So when I went back to grab it yesterday. People have been going around and buying people's lunches at work I figured I would this time since there is a decent "Italian" place near the vet. They have a drive thru to pick up from, but trying to not be rude and sanitize my hands after every thing was hard. Like they gave me a pen to use and I'm like "time to sanitize."

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 9th, '20, 04:34    

lunar_eclipse66

I doubt anyone will get in trouble because we aren’t in the city. It sucks to waste the ppe, but it was for a good cause.

Oh no!

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.

Posted: Apr 9th, '20, 14:57    

Rubie

I felt like I wasted ppe when I went to the dr for the face masks.

Yeah forgot I didn't actually made my point there. My point was I'm trying to not go out excessively but there I was running to the vet and getting food. Except vets are considered essential businesses so not complaining on that. The amount of people still out and about though!

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 9th, '20, 23:37    

lunar_eclipse66

To be honest, wearing a mask while you have a doctor’s appointment is a reasonable use of ppe. No one in the medical industry would be upset about that unless you were trying to steal them or reach around the desk for them (we’ve had this happen).

That makes sense. I’ve been pretty bad at limiting trips but i also forget about being in quarantine because I still go to work everyday.

I was flipping through hangout threads trying to find butterflies and managed to stumble into my old thread from years ago. It was so cringy that reading the bio was like getting punched in the gut.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 10th, '20, 15:03    

Rubie

OH GOD THAT REMINDS ME. Right before the shut down and all restaurants closed, my niece had her 16th birthday at an old pizza hut turned pub (you know those places, right?) and one of my step-sister's friends is a hair dresser and she had to lock the tp up at her work because people kept stealing it. She finally had to ration it out when people needed to use the toilet.

True. I feel that. I was like "maybe I'll go grab a slice of breakfast pizza and a coffee from the gas station before work." Then I remember and I'm like "nope, don't need that." Side note: my diet has went down with the pandemic since I'm using it as an excuse to not keep up on my healthy eating.

Oh gosh, I can imagine. I swear whenever I find my old thread or threads I've posted in I just want to cringe. I feel like I'm still the same though.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 11th, '20, 17:35    

lunar_eclipse66

People are being all crazy and hoarding stuff. Its driving me nuts. When this all started we were just coming back from vacation with my husband’s family so we had next to no food in the house and the grocery store was cleaned out.

I’m getting better at remembering we’re in quarantine, but whenever i forget my husband reminds me.

Its so cringy it hurts. I wrote that when I was 17.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 11th, '20, 21:29    

Rubie

Right? I still can't believe that some people still have to hoard. Like I like to bulk buy just so I can avoid going to the grocery store (plus I'll meal prep which is preparing the food ahead of time so all I have to do is dump in crock pot or thaw and bake) and I s2g we went to Costco the day it was declared a pandemic and it was freaking insane. I think people thought I was crazy but I was buying my normal amount of food.

My dogs food is out of stock every where and I was freaking out (so glad I bought an extra bag when I did) but luckily they got the regular sized kibble back in stock. Just hope I get it here in time before they run out

Yeah. I did same yard work and mowed today and people just don't get it. My neighbor is throwing a party and down the way at the cul de sac people were in a group talking...

Now that I think of it, that was how old or around I was when I first joined here...yeah that is cringey age just thinking about it.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 14th, '20, 03:24    

lunar_eclipse66

Yeah luckily here in upstate, most of the hoarding had stopped. People are starting to calm down because our infection numbers have been low.

We have people here now that are starting to hang out in parks and i’m like “go home”. My uncle also keeps complaining about church not being open and had a meltdown and said that this won’t end if we don’t turn to god. Meanwhile, I work alongside people who are actually fighting this.

(0) (0)

[ 476 posts ]