Maybe Nay!  16%  [ 12 ]
Dogs  31%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: Re: The Gem Room
Posted: Mar 25th, '21, 15:34    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 103591
Mood: spiritual
There was this one time Firn re-released an item for a few auctions so that food would get spent and items would be back in circulation too. But she only did it once, as far as I remember: with the Igor Hair in a particular colour. That would make for better food sinks than the Unique Knuffel and I wish she'd do that again.

Oh, and she used to have official art contests for which a selection of old rare items would be offered as prizes. But I can't do art so those just made me feel like I didn't have many ways to gain items on the site- art shops and making Wild Knuffel were more prolific back then as a way to get items, and I couldn't do either.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Mar 25th, '21, 16:01    

Rubie

Hugs: 140276
I remember that. I got the bastet pet in a different color and the dahlia eyes in blue iris that way. I don't remember what other items there were. I remember that she would put up older items once the vote if an older item should get recolored was done. I wouldn't mind that again, and like make an announcement so people know it was happening. I check the market weekly just to see if I can't find something. Usually I don't find anything or it's asking for a ridiculously large FC price. (granted I could probably trade FP for some extra FCs)

I remember when I first started, I used to just go into every single thread that had a poll and voted. lol. I can't art either though. I was never able to enter because I sucked. I did make a few wild knuffels, but as they weren't good, they never sold well.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 26th, '21, 06:35    

chuunibyou

Wow, so other items were recoloured and released that way! That's cool to know. Wish I didn't miss them.

For me I actually don't think I can trade FP for FC; people are rarely willing to sell FC for FP nowadays. :mcsad: Nobody needs food but everyone needs fairy coins.

I did the pollwhoring too lol, and I also made a spam thread with a poll. And I would change the poll over and over to vote on it over and over. That did add up, but I was still always poor. My Knuffel levelled up slowly even if I fed them regularly so that didn't give me much food either.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Mar 26th, '21, 15:34    

Rubie

I didn't know about the Igor hair otherwise I probably would have tried to get one. lol. I wonder if there were any others.

I agree with that. I have an overabundance of FP and I occasionally sold FC (like 3-4 times), but I don't need more FP! I really need to donate again for FC because that's the only way I can draw people to me to buy items.

It was enough to get me the knuffels I wanted. I remember spending HOURS digging and leveling up DAILY to get FP to fuel my knuffel addiction.

I have less than 300 popups left to hunt for! This is going faster than I expected it to be.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 27th, '21, 07:47    

chuunibyou

i would feed my knuffel once or twice a day, and it irked me that that was seemingly not enough. i was always wondering how others managed to be rich on the site. i used to get 1k :food: from the memory game. that was my main money maker back then.

i wish that i could afford to donate for fc more often cause i know the site also needs the support. but i do wish the economy wasn't... the way it is now lol. i appreciate Firn for having events, lost items and the candy caravan so that there are items we can still get without donating, just through playing the site, despite the site economy. i also really appreciate how she releases new knuffel versions much oftener than before. she's taking on so much extra work for the site to give us more things to do on it. it makes me sad and happy. gladsad.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 27th, '21, 18:33    

Rubie

I agree. It makes me so sad seeing how slow it is around here, but I appreciate that it's still up and running. It's a shame that same old plans never got in place (like the battle system). But I like how we still get events and regularly new items. I wish I could donate too, but I have a budget for what I spend between these types of sites and my mobile apps so I'm not spending willynilly. I kinda went over this months because I didn't keep good track of it. Whoops. Which will make next months budget lower to even it out.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Mar 27th, '21, 21:30    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 73578
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
Speaking of low activity, guess who finally decided to stop by after like 9 months. I feel kinda bad about just vanishing, but life got a bit nuts for a while.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Mar 28th, '21, 08:02    

chuunibyou

yeah, i only occasionally have something to donate after budgeting for other things. i still find a lot to enjoy in this site despite the forums being slow. :qcute:

lunar, you don't need to apologise, real life takes precedence. i've been on so many hiatuses myself, i haven't kept count. that said, welcome back! there's the spring event and the candy caravan occurring simultaneously right now, so you'll find plenty to do.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 29th, '21, 03:33    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 73578
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I’ve been trying to get eggs and its been tough.

Now that i’ve been promoted and moved to a new department at work, I have more time and plan on stopping by a bit more often.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Mar 29th, '21, 12:04    

chuunibyou

i keep clicking through spam threads to get eggs. usually i have my online lectures or something going in the background. if i didn't have long classes i wouldn't have found the time either :mcshock:

(0) (0)

[ 476 posts ]