So I don't cry.  19%  [ 26 ]
By myself alone in a room.  19%  [ 26 ]
Haha hahahaha.  27%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 135
 Post subject: Re: Make Me Laugh.
Posted: Nov 20th, '23, 23:06    

kitti

Hugs: 1638
I feel like my jokes are corny LOL. Why was Cinderella so bad at soccer?

She kept running away from the ball!

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Make Me Laugh.
Posted: Jan 2nd, '24, 06:29    

Akili Li

Hugs: 222984
Mood: contemplative
When we were little, my brother liked to make riddles.
One day, he came running up to us and said, "What goes up but never comes down?"

To this day, I don't know what his intended answer was, because the rest of that supper was a barrage of answers/guesses from the rest of the family.
The first and instant response of our father? "Inflation!"
Followed by a close second, "taxes?"
And our mother's pessimistic, "the population? Pollution? Death tolls? The number of items on my to-do list! Wait, no, you're young still. So... the amount of homework?"

Over new year's eve we were thinking about old family stories and this came up, and I finally got to ask him what he'd originally meant as the answer for that one.

He didn't remember the incident at all, and for some reason that made me laugh so hard I cried. All these years in the back of my head, wondering, and he completely forgot the whole thing.

Er. Now I type it out, it doesn't seem that funny? But.... I'm still giggling, thinking about it.

Oh, well.

Just in case my sense of humor is warped, have a Halloween Dad-Joke told to me by my favorite counselor:

One day the skeleton in the closet decides to go to the head shrink (Obviously that's the headless horseman) to get some help for a compulsion he just can't seem to handle. "Doc, you got to help me. Every time I see a container holding liquid, I have to pour it out. Doesn't matter what it is, I just have to empty it. I feel like my bones will fall apart if I don't! What should I do?"

The Headless Horseman pats his shoulder and replies, "Don't worry about it, I'll get you a job on a Ghost Ship emptying the bilge. It's a super common problem: Osteo-pour-osis."

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

[ 72 posts ]