Jump to:

[ 27 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Bird Sanctuary
Posted: Apr 18th, '19, 05:51    

Rune

Hugs: 16801
Mood: [ex·u·ber·ant]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
You find yourself at a tall, glowing door. You feel strongly like you need to open this door and go wherever it leads.
You do so.

You find yourself in a bird sanctuary. and you are now a bird!

What kind of bird are you?
How will you escape from the sanctuary and go home to the world you came from?

You are a bird with the mind of the character that entered through the door.

A crazy witch has brought you here from your world to her magical labyrinth of a house.
The house is a huge mansion, finely decorated, with large potted plants lining the hallways and in the rooms to give her "birds" a feeling of being home.

You have to say the passwords to get through each door and not every bird can speak.
You'll have to find a bird that can speak for you if you would like to escape as a bird that can't talk.
[You can still talk to other birds in bird language.]

There are predatory birds scattered throughout this house of madness which have forgotten they were once another species. You should also watch out for the dreaded Harpies! There are three of them and they move throughout the house, keeping order through force. They can understand you. The witch cannot. There's also a good chance they will play tricks on you.

The witch is the greatest threat though because if she finds you trying to escape, she will take you all the way back to the entrance and the layout of her magical house will change.
Birds don't age or die here. They just warp back to the beginning.

(0) (0)
https//www.perchance.org/twilightmoon
x.x

Post subject: Re: The Bird Sanctuary
Posted: Apr 18th, '19, 06:11    

Rune

Hugs: 16801
Mood: [ex·u·ber·ant]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
I'm an owl and I can see in the dark and protect myself if I need to.

I come to on a large branch. At first I don't understand where I am, and I look around, feeling very confused. Then I realize that my head just rotated a little more than my head is supposed to be able to. Surprised, I jump up, and hit my head on a nearby branch. Seeing stars, I look down at my talons, and see my feathery fluff and wings, and begin to panic. I fall off the branch and tumble down to the ground. I roll around for a while, trying to get my bearings back.
I make a terrifying shrieking sound, and am so startled by my own voice that I can only stand there stunned for a moment.

[I'm.. a bird.. How could this have happened?]

That's when the witch appears and cackles gleefully.
"Yes! Another new bird for my collection! She seems a bit clumsy, though." She laughs and speaks the word "Melon" and leaves the room through the enchanted door.

[How do I get out of here? I wonder.. can I fly?!]

(0) (0)
https//www.perchance.org/twilightmoon
x.x

Posted: May 15th, '19, 20:19    

blackbriar

Hugs: 56839
Mood: lazy
I am a blue jay and I am as clever as I am beautiful.

A shriek startles me into awareness. And what a shriek it is. It is nothing like a human scream and for a moment, I am too hazy to understand it. When I open my eyes though, I find myself high up, looking at pretty floors far below me. An owl struggles on the ground and oh....that is very strange. I flutter in desire to reach out and help.

That is when I see grey and streaks of blue stretching out from my back. 'How? What? This is not my true form, surely!' I stare in horror at my clawed feet, whipping my head around to see a bird's form. It's impossible, too impossible to allow me to speak. When the witch appeared, I couldn't help but feel grateful for that. My form is small and I use it to cower behind swaths of leaves until the witch whirls through a door and leaves it slamming shut.

"Hello?" I am careful as I poke my head from behind the leaves. I don't know if I can talk to the owl, but I think I have to try. "Do you know where this is?"

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Nov 20th, '19, 22:20    

Louifayette

Hugs: 2479
I'll play a shoebill stork, Stoic and hard to startle

There was a glowing door, and now this weird room. It looks a lot like those old zoos that tried to make their sanctuaries look like houses. But somehow it now felt the other way around. It's weird. The size of the things also seems off. Everything's taller, i feel like a kid again in my great aunts house.

There's a lot of ruffling from above me. A bundle of feathers comes crashing down from a tree. I try to step aside, but my balance seems off. I stretch my arms to regain balance, they're huge! It feels like they go on forever as i unfold what appear to be wings. For a moment i pause to study my wings, totally forgetting that i myself am falling over as well. A soft thud on the floor brings me back to reality, as i look at two long legs that bend the wrong way.

My trail of thought is lost when a witch the room. Appearently i am now part of her collection. Not when it's up to me. I clumsily try to get back upon my feet, those wings and weird stalky legs sure aren't helping. My attempts fail and i turn to the little owl on the floor as a little voice seems to come out of the foliage above us.

"Do you know where this is?"

I wish i knew. All i know is that i need to get out, and just maybe these two can help me. "sorry friend, i'm afraid i can't help you there." Maybe the owl knows "Do you have any clue?" i ask when i finally manage to get myself up on my feet.

((OOC question: are we using the actual sizes of the birds or are we all roughly the same size? for example : my bird is 5 feet tall whereas a barnowl is roughly 1 foot at best))

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 4th, '20, 07:11    

wolfcat87

Hugs: 10554
Mood: Interested
I'm an African grey parrot: I can speak English and try to be helpful.

I look around confused, a barn owl hits a branch beside me and I jump backwards surprised. I panic when I realize there is nothing beneath me and I start falling. I reach out to grab a branch only to find I have wings instead of hands. I land on a branch and manage to stand up looking down at myself.

"What happened to me?", I wonder.

I look around and find the barn owl on the ground, I open my beak to speak, "Are you alright?" I cover my beak with my wings when I realize I spoke in bird. I decide to speak again and sigh in relief when it comes out in English, "Do you know why I am a bird?"

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 5th, '20, 22:16    

blackbriar

((Ah whatever. Might as well see if this can go somewhere without the OP...))

This was all getting so eventful so fast. I scoot out farther on my branch, trying to get a good look at everything. The witch was definitely gone and it gave me a better view of the room. Rather than just the owl, there were apparently a few other birds. Also new 'collectables'? It certainly seemed so considering how awkwardly they all moved.

"I'm not sure why it's become like this," I said, tipping down to look at the parrot. "Apparently we've been captured. I'm kinda afraid to try flying but I think we should explore the area." I wasn't sure I liked being a bird so it seemed pretty paramount to try to undo this whole process.

I hopped closer to look at the door. "The witch went through there."

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Jun 9th, '20, 21:10    

wolfcat87

I look up at the blue jay surprised then nod, "We should probably learn flying eventually but I agree with you."

I slowly make my way down the tree jumping from branch to branch before landing on the ground near the door.

I walk up to it examining it, "Do you think it needs a key? I don't see a keyhole from here..."

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 10th, '20, 05:44    

blackbriar

I manage to follow the parrot down, using my wings to steady each fall for the first few jumps then flapping. The wind immediately gusted beneath me, lifting me into the air. "Oh. That's weird." I'm flying and nothing has ever felt more natural except it isn't natural at all.

"Strange," I say as I do a circle around the door. "I don't see a keyhole or a handle either. The witch said something before she left though. Um...what was it? Watermelon? Ugh, that's so stupid though! I'd rather not follow her in the first place! Let's explore the rest of the room and see if there's more to this place than a couple of trees!"

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Jun 10th, '20, 19:25    

wolfcat87

I watch the blue jay fly around amazed and decide to test it out myself, to my own surprise it comes naturally aswell. I fly up to be beside it and nod, "Yeah watermelon does seem strange. But if that door is the only way out we may have to follow the witch..."

I start working my way around the edges of the room looking for any hidden latches or doors.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 11th, '20, 01:26    

blackbriar

I grimace as best as I can with a beak. I'm not sure that the expression comes across but I feel better for trying anyway. "You're probably right about that but I still don't like it. The witch gives me the creeps!" I manage to get my toes into the grooves of the door since I'm so small, letting me hold on and get a closer look.

Is that a mechanism inside? There's a tiny light, saying it's active though how it works I still don't know. "Watermelon, melon...I really don't get it. That witch is a seriously crazy person!"

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

[ 27 posts ]