Mom: He's Mexican 8U/  8%  [ 2 ]
Me: \<</  73%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Always Watching
Posted: Aug 31st, '19, 05:28    

Moi

Hugs: 338457
Mood: Know you're not alone.

My mom's always been overprotective of me. I think it's part of the reason why I'm so scared of leaving home or being around people I don't know. Especially males.
But, she's told me things to help keep me on my toes and to stay smart.

With all the sex trafficking and kids being stolen and stuff, I always keep my sister in my sights and I always hold her hand or arm when we're out.
When she was smaller, I'd freak out when I couldn't see her, but she'd be right behind me.
When we're out, my mom will panic if she doesn't see my sister and she's like "Where is she!?" and my response is always "She's up my ass where she always is Bu" because she's never away from me and she tends to be all up on me sometimes xD

I remember when my dad started dating this woman, she had nine whole kids. Five that were older, so we didn't see them much, but her four youngest were always around us.
When we went out, I never took my eyes off of them.
And do you know how hard it is to watch five kids go five different directions \>8u/

We had these neighbors that had a little boy and he was out in the yard playing.
My sister started talking about how it wasn't safe that they just left him alone.
I told her they were either watching him from inside (I think they were about to leave) or they knew we were outside and I told her I'd never let someone take a child.
I might be fat and out of shape, but my fat, heavy ass will latch onto you and it's extremely hard to make me lose my grip.
I'd just go completely dead weight.
Try to get away then >Bu
Like no, really. I've been in trouble before and my ass held on even when I thought I couldn't.
My fingers also tend to get stuck in that position, so it's like extra grip. And possibly early signs of arthritis.

Do you get paranoid when you go to stores or walk in parking lots?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: Always Watching
Posted: Sep 1st, '19, 03:21    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81184
I'd like to get some pepper spray. And I've been thinking about carrying a cane for a little extra protection.

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 10th, '19, 09:56    

light_sucks

Hugs: 163815
Mood: vaguely alive
I don't generally go anywhere alone anymore.
But when I was younger I would get a little nervous when I was out by myself. Especially at night.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: Sep 25th, '19, 05:45    

Aradiiaa

Hugs: 9885
Mood: trying
Where I am, I'm not too afraid of being out alone in empty lots or even some streets late in the evenings. I'm tall for a female born person here, and I'm not bulky or strong but I have some substance and I guess I kind of look like I sulk a lot, so aside from a few times in high school (while wearing a skirt because uniforms...), I've never really been bothered by anyone. And I can't recall anything from when I was little either, I think my parents were very restrictive so I wouldn't have gone out all alone back then.

I think I would be less confident about this if I had to move back to the States. I hear so many horrible things happening to kids and teens and women. For now, I just mentally prepare myself for that culture shock, because at this point, I may be going back to college, with the most ideal locations (according to family) being in the States. Maybe I should learn some more self defense...

(0) (0)
FORMERLY KNOWN AS SPECTRE.

25 | they/them | UTC +8

[ 4 posts ]