Food?
Yes  35%  [ 19 ]
Food  65%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 54
 Post subject: Re: Late
Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 16:03    

Carnehil

Hugs: 5798
I hate being late so I'm usually early. If there is the slightest chance I might be late I'll always inform the other party about such possibility.

If a friend were almost always late I'd gift them a watch on their birthday so they could never be late again

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 19:33    

Bramblelegs

Hugs: 29756
Mood: bonk
one of my closest friends is late to everything, so i've figured i might as well just pick her up if we're going to do anything.

Usually i'm on time or within 5 minutes of being late or early. When i first started uni i was also 30 minutes early to everything. And then when i got into grad school it turned into being on time within the minute. my time estimation has gotten so good that i can guess-timate how long it'll take me to get just about anywhere on time.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 23:41    

[Jennifer]

Hugs: 15840
Mood: ♥Haitus♥
I used to resent it, but finally accepted that fact that some people. are. just. late. It can't be helped and there's no point in nagging, because it won't change. I am always early though and plan on staying that way!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 29th, '20, 06:06    

kitestrings

Hugs: 8406
ah... this is an "if" question, but in reality it is simply my life.
both of my friends who i live with are chronically on-the-dot, which means that if there's anything that can cause them to be late, they will be. never any planning for things that might cause them to be late, and then we end up late because...? because.
it's really difficult not to resent it to be honest. i have tried many times to try to get them to move earlier, at a pace i'm more comfortable with, but they don't really take it that seriously. it hasn't caused a lot of problems or anything, it's just a source of anxiety for me and a very depressing "i told you so" any time we actually end up late.
i've just kind of learned to accept it for what it is and if i think we're going to be late, i encourage them to move faster. it is what it is.
that, and i know for a fact that my rushing them stresses them both out so there is some mutual annoyance with the situation. it's just like?? whatever man.

(0) (0)
call me wren ☆ he/him pronouns
art blog | rate my art!
knuffels

Posted: Oct 29th, '20, 17:41    

Mirika

Hugs: 741
Mood: Overall alright
I'm always on-time unless something out of the ordinary happened. That said, I can't stand it when friends are late. I have one friend who's almost always late for literally everything and I consider it her biggest flaw. I love her, but gosh, she's made me so angry so many times (especially when visiting conventions together, delaying the entire trip and leaving me to wait in the cold at her train station).

I don't think I'll ever accept it when people are continuously late. I don't mind accidents, I do mind patterns. I'm sorry. The worst is when they always make up some excuse for it.

Do want to say I don't resent my friends for it, but you'll find that I will be less likely do planned events with them, especially regarding cinema visits and conventions (anything with an opening time, really).

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 02:20    

Unscheduled

Hugs: 8419
Mood: STRESSED!!!
My friends are consistently late so nowadays I always say events start 30 minutes earlier than they really do :)

(0) (0)
Knuffel F/P page <= I feed back ^_^ (You don't have to feed them all >.<)

Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 08:29    

Hitomi-no-Tsubasa

Hugs: 16534
Mood: FREEZING.
Depends on how late. If it's just five minutes, I let it slide because of uncontrollable variables like traffic and the like. But if it's 30 minutes or more, I definitely resent it. As for me, I don't like being on time, I like being early to ensure I will be on time

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 09:12    

OPALNYX

Hugs: 46753
Mood: so hot
Yes it is annoying but for me i think it is a genetic thing with my family.
But i also hate to be rushed and on been told to hurry i seem to slow down subconsciously.

(0) (0)
BUYING .... BUYING .... BUYING
Buying November 2019 TT hairs (all colors) for 1 :fc:
feel free to PM me.

please & thank you

Image.:- My Squiby's -:. Image :- Useffel.info -:.Image
ImageImageImage

Posted: Nov 2nd, '20, 05:57    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 45107
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
I dont like when ppl are late to our meeting. It makes me feel like I'm not a priority on their schedule specially if we set it up way in advance. I am always early or on time so I hope I could get the same courtesy

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 3rd, '20, 10:05    

Luluannabell

Hugs: 41175
Mood: ~<3
I'd by insulted if a "friend" kept thinking my time wasn't important enough to cherish, and that they could waste it by showing up late all the time. That friendship probably couldn't last very long.

(0) (0)
help

[ 25 posts ]