Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 35 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Quarintine
Posted: Oct 26th, '20, 01:29    

Mirika

Hugs: 808
Mood: Overall alright
Quarantine hasn't changed my life much except for the following: extremely increased stress levels and an excessive amount of loneliness.

I work in a grocery store, so in terms of jobs my life hasn't changed, except that I feel at risk every single day. I am so scared every day and I am simply waiting for it to be my turn. Will I survive it? Will I notice it? Will I accidentally infect everyone while I hardly show any symptoms but do carry the virus? That's what I refer to in regards to stress levels.

Then the loneliness, I hardly see anyone anymore. Customers don't count; those are rather draining, actually. I am too scared to meet anyone because I feel like I am a hazard as grocery store worker, and all group events are cancelled in general. It's almost a year since I got kinda depressed and I feel punched in the face especially hard since the virus came around. I'm an introvert, but having no contact with people I care about, gosh... it's lonely. I caught myself in a habit of pushing people away to avoid them wanting to hang out with me, just because I feel like I could be a danger to everyone with my risky job.

So I've been handling it pretty badly. I'm also finding out that my autism and I are not doing very well at working fulltime, so I decreased my hours of work, which has led to an income that leaves me in a questionable situation... while at the same time it hasn't helped. My energy levels are still so poor that I often just lie on the couch, wanting to be useful while being unable to get myself to do anything. I've had few times where I found myself just falling asleep on the couch (and nothing is wrong with my sleeping pattern, I do take pride in that, I hit 7-8 hours most nights). I think most of my issues with my job is the irregular hours much more than the amount of hours anyway, and yeah, I am looking for something else.

I do want to say I am extremely grateful I graduated the year before this mess happened, I don't know how I'd be if I were still in college. Just counting my blessings over here.

I've been considering getting a cat to fight the loneliness, but my apartment complex might get taken down due to an event earlier this year and I don't want to deal with moving a pet... I know they can handle it, I just don't feel comfortable with it.

I even urge to believe what hit me most is all the Comic Con's being cancelled, but only because I was finally going to meet my favourite actor, I had a meet&greet booked and everything. I know it's silly and petty, but I can't help the way I feel. I miss wandering around all the little shops and the artist alley, too... having an excuse to wear cosplay (we don't celebrate Halloween here).

Gosh, sorry for the massive rant, but it feels nice to do it somewhere where no one I know can read it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 27th, '20, 15:22    

Carnehil

Hugs: 5815
AutobotDen wrote:I've missed out on income because convention season got axed hardcore. Free Comic Book Day didn't happen.
Looks at FCBD issue that came with my order. What do you mean by "Free Comic Book Day didn't happen"?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 03:47    

Momò

Hugs: 25599
Mood: Very tired Dx
Life is pretty much the same for me~ Just cleaning the grocery's now, didn't really ever need to do that before

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 23:31    

[Jennifer]

Hugs: 15905
Mood: ♥Haitus♥
Today is my last day of quarantine and i'm so ready to be free!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 29th, '20, 03:21    

dataslifeforms

Hugs: 6589
Mood: Amazing!
I didn't mind staying home, but trying to do college on Discord was not good. Like ensemble performance music classes became music appreciation classes just so we'd have something to do we could get graded on. My job is at school, so it went away while everything was closed. We're back on campus now, but masked and six feet apart.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 30th, '20, 02:06    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18947
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
Carnehil wrote:
AutobotDen wrote:I've missed out on income because convention season got axed hardcore. Free Comic Book Day didn't happen.
Looks at FCBD issue that came with my order. What do you mean by "Free Comic Book Day didn't happen"?
I'm an artist for one of the shops that hosts a public event, and since public events got cancelled, that event didn't happen.

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

Posted: Oct 30th, '20, 02:29    

CrystalOwl

Hugs: 3034
I'm a server, so its a little stressful but im already good about washing my hands and sanitizing and stuff so its not too much difference besides masks

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Oct 30th, '20, 02:32    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18947
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
I wish things had been done right in the US the first time. We're on our THIRD wave. T_T

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

Posted: Oct 30th, '20, 03:15    

CrystalOwl

Hugs: 3034
AutobotDen wrote:I wish things had been done right in the US the first time. We're on our THIRD wave. T_T
Yeah, it really affects my job, people get scared to come out and working at a restaurant where were normally understaffed to suddenly having to send people home and cut hours left and right is pretty scary.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Sep 13th, '21, 05:28    

Miki-Pi

Hugs: 40044
Mood: Chillin~Im back on here!!!
Hmmm, I honestly don't feel much in the way of life has changed for me. I still go out when I need to for groceries etc. I am not living my life in fear of covid, life isn't going to pause just because a disease is going around. I was never played off work or anything like that if anything I'm working more hours now. Maybe I'm at risk everyday at work, I'm not sure I honestly don't think about it. All I know is I gotta go to work to pay my bills. Even tho Kentucky has a democratic person in the office for the state, where I live it's very much republican based if that makes sense, and I don't see alot of masks etc.

(0) (0)
I need: 6 Groundsel, 40 Gold Ore, 47 Bubbles
Heine_Ram wrote:xD Stay Nyappy nyappy nyappy MIKI-pun!

[ 35 posts ]