Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 35 posts ] 
 Post subject: Quarintine
Posted: Apr 12th, '20, 14:23    

Crux Chai

Hugs: 2389
Yahoo Messenger: loveydemond
How is everyone handling quarantine? Are you one of those that have to work at risk? Please share, and vent if it's something you need or want.

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Quarintine
Posted: Apr 13th, '20, 04:39    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18941
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
My mom works for the schools. She's started doing one day a week, four hour, shifts. Dad's on half-shifts. I'm looking forward to when they get back to normal schedules, because they're both so LOUD on the senses (I'm Autistic and have sensory processing issues). And Mom's kind of a bitch anyway. I want a quiet house during the week again.

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

Posted: Apr 13th, '20, 10:11    

Zupprika

Hugs: 179502
Mood: tired
I can't complain honeslty. My country isn't on lockdown and i still work and get paid. I work more from home and we can't see our clients face to face, which makes my job a lot harder (I work in mental health), but many people are losing their job or not getting paid, so I'm part of the lucky ones.

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: May 7th, '20, 13:00    

Laviandre

Hugs: 25402
Mood: not sad, not happy
I can't complain when it comes to the safety of my family. My parents work from home, so it's fine.
But I am in my final year in law school so life's kind of shitty for me. I gotta take my thesis, but my country is under lockdown and my university won't agree to the idea of taking it online. So in July I might have to go there and take it, which is kind of stressing and it gives me a lot of anxiety. Imagine 700 students taking their thesis in one building.
Also, I've been stuck at home with my parents for the last 2 months, 'cause I had to come back home to make sure that they are fine. I wanted to be with them in case that anything bad would've happened, but I really miss being on my own... It's weird to be home all the time. Idk, I guess life's fine for me, not as bad as other people's lives during this crisis, but I can't say that I am happy either.
How are you tho? :mchappy:
I really just want this to be over.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 4th, '20, 01:24    

zaika

Hugs: 2673
my fam works from home. I'm sad cause school might be delayed, i'm on waitlists for programs. also not hanging out with people much

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 14th, '20, 01:42    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18941
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
I am honestly worried that Dad will bring the virus home. If he does, it will be SO bad for all of us. He's high risk, I'm high risk, Mom's moderate risk...

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

Posted: Jul 15th, '20, 01:24    

Koi

Hugs: 5420
Mood: i am a meat popsicle
I talk daily with my mom to verify how her and my dad are doing. They're high risk, so I don't even want to get too close to them for fear I've been around my s/o (who is still working in a shipping-based workplace) and we could give it to them. Might not have symptoms, but we could still be carriers and I worry about putting them in any risky situations. My sister and I make sure they're using masks and only grocery shopping at appointed times for people in their age bracket if they can't get certain things they want via ordering online. My dad is a cancer survivor who went through chemo and already has a broken immune system, so I was furious with him when he went to see our family doctor without a mask :mcshout: but he got a good talking to from all of us later. Had it not been for my s/o catching him there at the same time, we wouldn't have even known! Now he's being better about things. Just- old school parents think they're still invincible or something, you know? Have to keep eyes/ears on them.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 23rd, '20, 10:53    

Luluannabell

Hugs: 41319
Mood: ~<3
Has anyone had the issue of, like, forgetting how to talk to people?

Because man I am not mentally ready to talk to strangers and try and make myself approachable today. How do you even do that?? I haven't talked to strangers in months

(0) (0)
help

Posted: Aug 9th, '20, 06:56    

Bunnei

Hugs: 101331
Mood: Fall colors <3
My husband works for our local hospital in medical coding. His hours are cut, like all in this hospital

(0) (0)
Buying some things here:
http://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41727
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Sep 19th, '20, 14:42    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 78566
My husband works from home, and I'm a homemaker, so nothing has changed for us.

(0) (0)

[ 35 posts ]