Jump to:

[ 53 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss
Posted: Jun 21st, '20, 12:54    

Rayven

Hugs: 40154
Mood: Sassy
Koi wrote:I watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"

I know this is a serious subject but that title made me giggle. XD That's not a downer at all. LOL

I've never considered juicing and I don't think I could. I already have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes due to a tiny bladder. If all I drank/ate was juice, I'd never be able to come out of the bathroom. I'm glad it worked for you though, Koi. :qsml:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 21st, '20, 20:08    

Koi

Hugs: 5420
Mood: i am a meat popsicle
Rayven wrote:I know this is a serious subject but that title made me giggle. XD That's not a downer at all. LOL

I've never considered juicing and I don't think I could. I already have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes due to a tiny bladder. If all I drank/ate was juice, I'd never be able to come out of the bathroom. I'm glad it worked for you though, Koi. :qsml:
You're not wrong XD That title was just the punt I stubbornly needed maybe, lol. Like- what did you just say?! Prove to me my chocolate chips are evil!!!
Yes, it's true :< You do visit more than you would have before. It never felt like a pain, but I get you. It could be a hassle with time.
It's also not particularly safe if you did actually have preexisting diabetic issues (like my hubby). The whole point is for nutrition to get into your system more immediately but that also means the sugar in your blood would spike. So it's not for everyone.
Those walks though, am I right? :mccool: Ugh, walks are pure therapy now. In a good way, lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 21st, '20, 22:27    

Rayven

I used to have diabetes but I told it to get lost. LOL

You are right! :qsml:

Today is my diet cheat day. That's my favorite day. :qw:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 22nd, '20, 20:40    

Reht

Hugs: 11652
moonlight_sonata - Oh no! *hugs* Don't beat yourself up about it - it's totally understandable to find weightloss a stressful/ impossible task (I've felt that way most of my life xP )
If your doctors are anything like mine, I'm sure they've been rattling off the "Sort your weight first and your mental health will just get better as a benefit." line.
And, I get the logic behind it, but it so does not work for everyone - I simply could NOT even think about weightloss until I sorted my head out, and now I'm finally in a more mentally healthy place, the weight loss is actually acheivable c:

Look after yourself, do the things that you like and maybe try to see about therapy? Or medication if you'd rather go that route? (Sertraline is such a godsend for my crazy brain haha)
And if you just want a sympathetic ear, my inbox is always open c:

Rayven - Haha, definitely :3
I weighed myself again today aswell, and I've lost 5lbs this week! :mcsquee:

Ooh, what tasties are you having today then? :3

Koi - Wow, juicing sounds intense!
I'm not the biggest fan of liquid diets, but I'm glad it worked for you - congratulations on losing so much and maintaining your weight! C:

It's so weird, I've not even been cutting out the unhealthy stuff for that long - but I swear fruit tastes so much better now! :3

(0) (0)
▃▅▆ The Inbetween ▆▅▃
A walk-in role-play hangout - please come and join C:

Posted: Jun 22nd, '20, 22:45    

Rayven

Congrats, Reht! *throws confetti everywhere* :qsml:

Oh gosh. I had apple pie with ice cream and a huge bacon double cheeseburger for dinner. I was soooo bad. LOL Back on my diet today. :qcry:

If you keep losing 5 pounds a week you'll be at your goal weight in no time!

(1) (0)

Posted: Jun 22nd, '20, 23:20    

Reht

Hugs: 11652
Mmmm, that sounds delish - I'm looking forward to my cheat day on Wednesday - gonna have a bbq with one of my best friends in the park :3

And thank you!
It's nice to see that at least the numbers are going down, even if I don't feel like my appearance has changed much yet haha
(My partner is doing this with me, and he already looks so much thinner! :o )

(0) (0)
▃▅▆ The Inbetween ▆▅▃
A walk-in role-play hangout - please come and join C:

Posted: Jun 23rd, '20, 14:43    

Rayven

That sounds yummy and like a lot of fun. :qsml: I hope you have a wonderful time.

You're welcome. It takes a while sometimes. I didn't see a change right away either. Men! They always lose faster. Their fat is literally made different than women's and it dissolves faster. My dad is losing faster than me and mom too. :/ I'm happy for him though. XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 25th, '20, 16:03    

Koi

Rayven - Yes! He was able to get his sugar under control now too with more veggies and activity. Anything is better than insulin, which his dad is on.

Reht - Intense, but the most rewarding thing I've done.
It's just as you've described as well! Your tastebuds totally change when you change your eating habits, right? For the better, I think! Don't you find everything more flavorful? It's exactly what I find too! ^^

Also yes <_< Hubby loses quicker than me too. I think the reasoning was that females keep weight because of child-bearing hormones? *citation needed* That's why it's different. Like- we need to keep the cushioning. UGH.

But congrats on doing well and keeping with your positive eating habits :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 26th, '20, 22:23    

Rayven

Koi wrote:Rayven - Yes! He was able to get his sugar under control now too with more veggies and activity. Anything is better than insulin, which his dad is on.

Don't you find everything more flavorful? It's exactly what I find too! ^^

That's good. :qsml:

I think it's because we're hungry, Koi. XD I've been eating things on my diet that I wouldn't eat if I weren't dieting, and, furthermore, I've been enjoying it because I'm too hungry to complain. LOL

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 12th, '20, 14:23    

Koi

Nah, I can promise you that's not the case. I never felt the urge to eat anything I used to. I once tried a commercially made chocolate-covered almond (respectfully offered from the boss) at the workplace and it was like- I couldn't taste anything BUT sugar. It was... pretty gross XD;;; There were supposed to be special extracts/flavors in them to taste, but they were nowhere in there, lol. I used to get that way with icings on cakes that were too sweet and I'd remove the icing. One of the few times sugar didn't appeal to me.
I can taste things differently now is all I mean. An apple can be sweet as candy now. Continue doing what works for you! ^^ I hope it becomes a positive journey for you too however you go about it.

(0) (0)

[ 53 posts ]