This place down the street makes great sweet tea x3  46%  [ 17 ]
Might go tomorrow...  54%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Re: Disappointing Products
Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 05:54    

JosieQ

Hugs: 88344
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
kitestrings wrote:too many times i've brought something home and hated it. food, utensils, the bedframe i'm sitting on right now... practically everything you buy that isn't out the ass expensive is cheap garbage that sucks. sometimes even the expensive crap is sucky garbage. several hundred dollars for a bedframe that's falling apart after less than a year. my luck.

also i love onions, they're delicious. love them caramelized and charred the best. but i'll eat them raw, too. except red onions. red onions are like, if you took an onion and cranked up the smell and took away the subtle sweetness. it's like a stank onion lol. i'll eat em but not because i wanted to.

It'd be a much more acceptable world if at least the cheap things were crap and the expensive things could be counted on to be good

I've seen some pretty terrifying reviews for super expensive stuff that turned out to be poorly made where people said, shockingly, "You get what you pay for."

How much... how much money did you think a GOOD version of this thing was? Because I couldn't even buy it it was so pricey.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 06:55    

johnnytrash

Hugs: 3589
i always get buyers guilt for clothes and stuff -_-

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 07:19    

Yokuutsu

Hugs: 11045
Mood: I just want to sleep
My carhartt jacket. I got one of the not made in the usa and the quality is so low for price. I am so disappoint.

(0) (0)
Questing: 12 x Silver Crown.

I am so far behind on castle quests.

Also: Always looking for MxM rps

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 11:10    

ShortAxel

Hugs: 9793
I have this all the time with clothes. Something looks nice on the rack so I buy it and after one wash, it shrinks and the seams get weird so it just looks terrible. But its never been worth the hassle of returning, or I couldn't return it by the time it showed its true colors.

A few months ago I decided to slowly quit fast fashion and that's helped tremendously.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 13:15    

amalath

Hugs: 94754
Mood: hurting.
I pretty much never get refunds, even if product inside turns out to be spoiled or something. It hardly ever is shop's fault and people working in such places are often having hard time anyway with so many clients acting like if cashiers or other shop workers are their enemies.

But if the product turns out worse than I expected, I never buy it again. I hate brands producing cheap garbage items only to lower costs of production. I pay extra attention to ingredients in everything I buy and try to make educated decisions before deciding to pay for a product.

(0) (0)
32. Pansexual, mentally genderless, pagan, and full of attitude. Born female. Is a cat. Call me ama. I eat people. Ó~Ò_F
Qui-Gon Jinn wrote:Be mindful of the living Force, my young Padawan.
TimTam wrote:ama must be mad. XD
Merrymaking wrote:I wanted to die in a bloody fashion. And now I don't even die at all. I don't get crucified, either. It's stupid.
kaguya wrote:Once I remembered my birthday because the bread went out of date on it. @.@
Hinote no Akai wrote:some other random conversation
I just mostly laugh to my comps
or shout at them
I think his head is ok
STARGATE!
LOOOOL

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 15:05    

Leilailla

Hugs: 9968
half empty packages that are waaay bigger than the product and are filled with air... yeah, I was disappointed so many times ehh

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 18:44    

YourMajesty

Hugs: 33116
Mood: Dressed by a 9 year old.
Well, the product they call "living" is pretty shitty, but there's no way to return it, soooooo
Can I demand at least a prorated refund?

(1) (0)
Blank signature is blank.

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 18:55    

ArmyAunt

Hugs: 53460
Mood: Too young to be this old.
Website: https://kingdomofknuffel.com//viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12512
The product that I've been most disappointed with recently is vacuum storage bags. I've tried three or four brands and most of them have let air back in. If the bags work the way they're supposed to they're airtight and waterproof. They are not, however, cat-proof, so I need to find a place where I can store them where my cats can't get to them. I do have a box of new ones from a different brand that I haven't tried them yet because of that.

(0) (0)
Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message;
however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

I love the way the earth rotates. It really makes my day.
Questing for: Nothing at the moment.

^ Click my old knuffel above to go to my adoptables thread. ^
V Or click the bar below to go to my Knuffel Quick F/P page. V

First fairy found on 07/15/2012 -- Prize: Moth Fairy Top
Second fairy found on 10/03/2023 -- Prize: Midnight Fairy Top

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 21:31    

Moi

Hugs: 325695
Mood: Know you're not alone.

The new bag of chips I got were normal 8u
And I asked my mom if the bags were the same and she said yes and there was no fat free or less salt or anything so I don't know why the first bag was so bland >8u

Trickett: You know, that happened to a bottle of milk I got not long ago. Very in date, but it just smelled soured ._.
I think people do change stuff around.
I can notice if something tastes different and my family gets angry xD

JosieQ: I remember watching this video on Youtube showing how candy bars have shrank over the years, but you still pay the same or a little more.
I've also seen where stuff looks like there's more, but when compared to the regular size - it holds the same amount. But you pay a little extra for what you think is more >8u

I usually go by "You get what you pay for" so when you buy something cheap, you get cheap garbage. But there's times where I've bought the cheaper one, and it was good or better than the expensive one .__.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Oct 25th, '20, 14:54    

kenma

Hugs: 19708
Mood: obsessed with genshin lore
ShortAxel wrote:
A few months ago I decided to slowly quit fast fashion and that's helped tremendously.
May I ask what are the best alternatives for fast fashion and where are you shopping rn? Is it much more expensive?

(0) (0)
come hangout with me: sock's den
knuffel * personal quests * official quest log * genshin UID 718962443

looking for 1 x darkness potion

❝I'm not very good with people, and I don't want to interact with them. And yet I'm very concerned about what others think of me.❞ - kozume kenma.

[ 26 posts ]