Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: Aliens fact or fiction.
Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 11:51    

Gwendolyn Quincy

Hugs: 23596
I was trying to come up with anything to chat about and the first thing to come to my mind while looking at my Urusei Yatsura manga was Aliens. Do you think they're fact or fiction. Have they been here or have they not.

I'm of two minds to this. Life exist out there, but my faith makes me to believe we were first, so if they're out they haven't been to earth. They might be more advanced than us, but they're so far away that there's no reason for them to come looking in our general direction.

My other theory, it's it's more of us out there. When humans spread out after the Tower of Babel incident they didn't just spread out over earth, but other other creations of God's that didn't have man yet. He wanted to see what they do in a new environment. Again they might be more advanced than us but we're too far for them to care about coming back here.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Aliens fact or fiction.
Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 12:26    

Mirika

Hugs: 447
Mood: Overall alright
Isn't the word 'alien' just how we define things we don't know? I am no language expert.

I do definitely believe there is other life out there, and therefore they would by definition be aliens. I am completely sure that it's not like any movie though, and heck, life may work completely different there. We keep saying life needs food and water, but who says it works like that on another planet? Who says they have any earthly rules?

Either way, I am sure there's other life, but it may come in other forms as we know in ALL kinds of ways.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 20:59    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 77544
I think there is probably life out there somewhere. I'm undecided as to whether I think it's intelligent life or not.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 1st, '20, 01:49    

Moi

Hugs: 322517
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I believe in ghosts and stuff, so I do believe it's possible for aliens to exist.
I really have no interest in them or stuff of that nature.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Nov 1st, '20, 02:24    

ShortAxel

Hugs: 9662
I think its silly and self centered to think we're the only planet with life in the entire universe. I don't think we're important enough to bother visitng though haha.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 1st, '20, 21:09    

Hitomi-no-Tsubasa

Hugs: 16301
Mood: FREEZING.
I definitely believe aliens exist simply because the numerous factors and variables that create and sustain life can be replicated, so why wouldn't there be life on other worlds? That, and the thought of us being the only sentient life in the universe is kinda lonely and scary in a way.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 2nd, '20, 01:21    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 44819
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
The universe is yayyyyy tooo biigggg for there not to be something out there. I'm sure theres civilizations way more advance than us and I'm sure theres also less advanced. We are a speck in the vast sea of the universe.
Whether it would be a good thing or a bad thing to be aware of each other existence is another thing entirely.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 4th, '20, 22:55    

CrystalOwl

Hugs: 2868
I think it’s naive to think we are the only life forms that exist. I’m not religious, but I grew up in a religious family. So I know the story of god and creation and stuff but I also know science. The fact that the universe is never ending and ever expanding still, it seem to me that it would be naive to think that the only time the universe got the conditions for life right was on our planet. I think there’s aliens out there, whether they’re still microbial, in their own version of the “dinosaur” stage, or if they’ve reached sentience, they’re out there. I don’t think aliens were here in ancient times in the way shows like ancient aliens think they were, but if they are here I don’t think we’ll ever know, because of how much farther advanced they’d have to be to even get here in the first place.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Dec 5th, '20, 06:01    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18115
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
odds are, we're not alone-alone, but given the distances, they wouldn't know about us.

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

Posted: Dec 10th, '20, 02:12    

Gwendolyn Quincy

Hugs: 23596
Lot of people like pretending they do though. You hear about the Israel thing?

(0) (0)

[ 21 posts ]