Food?
Yes  48%  [ 10 ]
Food  52%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: Thanks
Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 16:08    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 79014
From The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock.

Question #106: Do you usually make a special effort to thank someone who does you a favor? How do you react when you aren't thanked for going out of your way for someone?

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Thanks
Posted: Nov 1st, '20, 01:41    

Moi

Hugs: 328378
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I'm of the mindset that I do stuff because it's right, not usually to get thanks or have someone feel that they owe me.
So when I don't get a thanks, it's just whatever xD

My family on the otherhand get pissed over it.
My mom especially will yell back "YOU'RE WELCOME!" when people don't say thanks.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Nov 1st, '20, 02:27    

ShortAxel

Hugs: 9897
I try to always remember to thank people for any help they give me, even if its their job, because I appreciate what they're doing for me.

Whether or not other people thank me is eh. If its something minor I don't even notice, but if I do someone a huge favor etc and they don't thank me it stings. I probably won't try so hard to help them in the future.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 1st, '20, 21:02    

Hitomi-no-Tsubasa

Hugs: 16682
Mood: FREEZING.
If it's strangers, then I say the actual words "thank you", but if it's family or friends I'm thanking, then I prefer actions over words, like maybe I'll bake them some cookies or something. For me, smaller favors I usually don't expect thanks of any form. But bigger ones, like helping them move or something, then some appreciation wouldn't kill them, be it simple words or actions.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 1st, '20, 22:59    

Laviandre

Hugs: 25502
Mood: not sad, not happy
I don't make a special effort to thank someone who does me a favor, however I always feel bad whenever people help me, that's why I don't usually ask for help.
And when people need help, I kind of try really hard to help them, even when I can't do much. I just feel bad if I know that someone's struggling.
And about the 'thanking' part, it really depends. If the person is part of my family, then I don't really mind, but if we are just friends, then I would like to hear a small 'thank you'. Now it depends if I really made a big effort to help them. If it's something minor, then I can get over it.
Anyway, it's common sense to thank people when they help you, or at least that's what I think.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 2nd, '20, 05:14    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 45420
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
I always take special care to thank someone when theyve done me a favor. I try to either pay it forward or pay them forward it depends on who they are and how I know they would want their generosity treated. I am not rlly the kind of person who does something nice and expect a thank you each time. It's nice but its whatever.

(0) (0)

[ 6 posts ]