Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 116 posts ] 
food?
nom nom  27%  [ 10 ]
:food:  73%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Re: sock's den (everyone is welcome!) (new)
Posted: Dec 16th, '20, 23:14    

kenma

Hugs: 19371
Mood: obsessed with genshin lore
Moi wrote:I have groomed my own pets by cleaning them and treating them for ticks and fleas and cutting their nails.
Not sure if I can train them
yeah, i get how being a vet isn't for everyone, it is a tough job indeed. but i bet there are some courses that teach you how to become a trainer and such. maybe your dad could give you some tips too. you should definitely try to look it up. if you ever have any news on that, let me know. :mchappy:

(1) (0)
come hangout with me: sock's den
knuffel * personal quests * official quest log * genshin UID 718962443

looking for 1 x darkness potion

❝I'm not very good with people, and I don't want to interact with them. And yet I'm very concerned about what others think of me.❞ - kozume kenma.

Posted: Dec 17th, '20, 00:43    

Focsie

Hugs: 25735
Mood: stuck in a 90s fever dream
Moi wrote:

What kind of dogs do you like :3?
I love rottweilers and dobermans and I've always wanted a husky 8u

Destroy the sofa, destroy the curtains, destroy the blinds....8u
We accidentally left one of the cats in our house when we left and she tore up our blinds.
She's mostly black and I couldn't see her because we had turned the lights off.
Came home to torn up blinds 8u
I love australian shepherds and if i ever get the chance to get a dog that's definetely what i'm going for. even though they wouldn't make me feel that safe, if someone came to rob my house they would probably give the dog belly rubs :mclol:
i knoww i had a small grey kitten when i was younger that whenever left alone started tearing up curtains. can't risk getting a small cute demon if i'm renting a house :mclol:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...
I knew that you would leave the forest someday, Link...
Because you are different from me and my friends....
But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we?"
| knuffel | quesᴛ ʟog | ʙazaar |
come hang out with us in sock's den! ♥️

Posted: Dec 17th, '20, 04:56    

Moi

Hugs: 324644
Mood: Know you're not alone.

kenma: I'm sure there are places I could learn things. Unfortunately I rarely leave home. Unless someone were to come to my house and train me and I also had people give me a job in my house, it won't be leading to anything 8u;

Saphira: Ah, I had a few Australian shepherd mixes 8u
One was a mix of Australian shepherd and border collie and one was a mix of Australian shepherd and blue heeler :3

I think they would make a good guard dog 8u
I mean my great grandma had a mini doberman that was so fiercely protective and she scared me when I was younger xD
She was small, but she still had sharp teeth 8u

(2) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Dec 20th, '20, 22:44    

kenma

Moi wrote:I'm sure there are places I could learn things. Unfortunately I rarely leave home. Unless someone were to come to my house and train me and I also had people give me a job in my house, it won't be leading to anything 8u;
i'm really sorry for the late reply. the last week was very hectic for me between studying and other stuff in life. i'm really sorry you're in this position, but i can understand it very well. if it hasn't been for online lectures i'm not sure i could have handled university. i failed almost all my classes last year besides computer science, because i wasn't able to leave my apartment for weeks for mental health reasons, then the plAgue happened but still i already was so behind work and i was missing a lot of fundamental notions for second semester courses. it was very hard. now im retaking the courses i failed and im doing much better since i can actually attend all lectures.
what i would recommend though is slooooowly easing back to going out and doing stuff, maybe with the help of a friend! i feel like after a lot of therapy and effort i could attend at least 50% of my classes on campus if it were possible. 50% is surely better than last years 0%!

(1) (0)

❝I'm not very good with people, and I don't want to interact with them. And yet I'm very concerned about what others think of me.❞ - kozume kenma.

Posted: Dec 21st, '20, 05:16    

Moi

I'm sorry your week has been hectic 8,u
I'm glad you're doing good with your classes, though :3
I really would like to do something to bring in a little more money.
I get a check once a month for being disabled, but I could honestly use extra money even with that.
I would love to sell art, but I find it hard to do because getting my name out there makes me anxious.
I really should try it because people tell me they love my art.

(2) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Dec 21st, '20, 23:20    

Focsie

I love border collie and aussie mixes!

It has been a hectic week for me too, we get two weeks of xmas vacation but my professors decided two days would look better, and gave us so many assignments i won't have time to even breathe. :mcheh:

I would like to work too this next year, if i'm not too anxious and overwhelmed with uni i'll try to look if any close supermarkets need some help. i hope you'll eventually get to overcome the anxiety and sell your art! i've seen your wild knuffels, they're v cute~~ :qh:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...

Posted: Dec 22nd, '20, 02:44    

Moi

They were really good dogs. Barked a lot, though u8
As my mom used to say, they'd bark when the wind blew across their asses.

Wait, they cut two weeks down to two days o_O?

I always wanted to go to school, go to college and get a good job.
Then around 10th grade, I had a breakdown and refused to go back to school.
So I dropped out and have been a shut-in ever since.
So well over a decade I've isolated myself and mostly have contact with people online.
I hate that I let that happen, but I didn't ask for depression and crippling anxiety.
I'm better than I used to be, but I can't handle being away from home for long and I definitely don't like going far.
People used to make me go out and make me do stuff, but that made me hate it even more.
I like being home 24/7. I like talking to people online. I don't like that I can't seem to function normally when I want to.
Like when people put me in certain situations, I don't know what to do and I get overwhelmed and it makes me lock myself away xD

Thank you 8///u
I actually have two more coming out soon 8D

(2) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Dec 22nd, '20, 11:24    

Focsie

noo I meant that they gave us so many assignments and books to study during the holidays that i'll probably be able to only rest a couple days :(
i don't get why i should be studying 24/7 it's called vacation for a reason! i shouldn't be touching a book! i'm just very frustrated about this haha

oh i kinda know what it feels like, but only to a certain level. i've just started uni now, but before this year i spent highschool isolating myself and struggling with anxiety and depression. i never officially dropped out, i just didn't go to school. i didn't feel like it and it made me really anxious. when i tried to i would just get really bad panic attacks in the morning and wouldn't calm down until it was 8:00 and too late to catch the train/bus. i even liked school! i had many friends and i genuinely enjoyed going to an art school and learning things. that of course brought consequences, i failed twice the first year of highschool while changing like three times mid-year between an art school and a linguistic school. the third time i started going to a therapist that got me a certificate and since then i brought one every year that saved my ass from failing again because of too many absences heh. since then i was basically homeschooled, i went to school once every two weeks, and could still learn stuff and spend time with my friends once in a while. maybe that could be an option for you too?
i'm sorry i'm not sure in what position you're in, but it sure was a lifesaver for me :mclaugh:
well, since then i moved out to a big new city, finished highschool by myself even regaining a year (i gave an exam to pass the fourth and fifth year together and even the equivalent of the graduation exam i guess?) didn't get the best results, but it was a miracle i even passed it, i was the only one out of four people who tried! i also passed the entry test for uni! all in 6 months. turns out i needed to get out of my parents' house and study on my own to achieve something hehe.

i still need therapy and i still like talking to online people more than going out, but everything's a bit clearer. i don't have many regrets anymore, it feels like i'm doing something good! :mchappy:

(i'll be waiting for them! but my faves will always be alice and dark alice :qh: )

(1) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...

Posted: Dec 22nd, '20, 11:46    

kenma

Saphira wrote:It has been a hectic week for me too, we get two weeks of xmas vacation but my professors decided two days would look better, and gave us so many assignments i won't have time to even breathe.
i get it, same for me. my professor decided he would upload like three or four lectures during xmas holidays. and there i thought i had time to catch up with stuff, and maaaybe relax a bit. now im afraid i wont even be able to properly enjoy celebrations. im feeling really overwhelmed rn. i had so many plans, i wanted to prepare for that physics exam i failed last time too besides chemistry and calculus. i guess that's not an option anymore and i'll be one whole year behind with stuff cause if i don't pass these three exams i won't be able to take any second year courses. im so frustrated i feel like giving up everything. i won't. but i definitely feel like crap.
Moi wrote:I'm glad you're doing good with your classes, though :3
this feels like a very distant time rn. for the stuff mentioned above. thank you though. i'm definitely doing a lot better than last year but still... this situation is really frustrating for me.
Moi wrote:People used to make me go out and make me do stuff, but that made me hate it even more.
I like being home 24/7. I like talking to people online. I don't like that I can't seem to function normally when I want to.
i'm really sorry to hear that. i certainly can't say i know what it's like since i'm pretty "high functioning" for someone who has a bunch of mental health issues myself, whatever that means (like i still struggle i guess i just still kind of do what i need to do to be a functioning member of society). but i feel like no matter how hard people try to make you do stuff, if you don't make the first step yourself then it won't work. so if you ever feel that longing to do something out of your comfort zone, give it a try. even if it's just going to the supermarket alone or idk going skating or something like that. even if you just manage to get dressed before deciding you can't really do it. still you got dressed. you had the intention of doing something you wanted to do. maybe next time you'll be able to go out the door, get in the car or whatever. after many tries, you could end up where you wanted to be.
Moi wrote:I actually have two more coming out soon 8D
i'll be waiting for them! i also have a wild coming out soon, as soon as i get a chance to finish colouring and i think maybe?? lineart on one of the stages. but i'm sooo excited for when it will be done. i feel like i did good on it, even after not drawing for ages.

(1) (0)

Posted: Dec 25th, '20, 22:16    

Moi

Saphira: Yeah, that's pretty crappy to do to your students xD

I mean, it'd be nice to have taken classes online.
I noticed that I used to want to stay home a lot when I was a kid, so I think my anxiety disorder started back then.
When my mom would drop me off at school, I'd cry for like an hour and I just didn't want to leave home.

I was supposed to make a new Dark Alice to match the newer Alice one I made, but I never finished it 8u;

kenma: I think this whole year has been frustrating.
I hope next year will be much better for all of us.

I actually used to stay in pajamas all day, but I started getting dressed.
Now if I don't get dressed, I feel like I'm taking steps back xD
I was talking to my therapist earlier this year and he told me "Well, if you don't HAVE to go out, then DON'T 8U"

I finished both of mine surprisingly :3
I will look forward to seeing what you made 8u

(1) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

[ 116 posts ]