Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 22 posts ] 
:qn:
:qn:  46%  [ 25 ]
:qn:  54%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 54
 Post subject: How's the pandemic treating you?
Posted: Feb 3rd, '21, 15:22    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 103067
Mood: spiritual
Now that there's a light at the end of the tunnel and we'll all gradually get vaccinated, how are you right now? And how were you during the pandemic situation in general?

I feel like the worst of the despair has passed for me because there's finally a foreseeable future, instead of the time freeze we've been in for a year with all the uncertainty of when things would be normal again.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Post subject: Re: How's the pandemic treating you?
Posted: Feb 4th, '21, 08:04    

Kuuki

Hugs: 269957
My situation is a bit different than everyone's else because I live in a country that hasn't been as badly affected as elsewhere so my daily life hasn't been affected that much (aside from having no work anymore). But I'm also not a citizen of that country and that has been an emotional roller coaster.

The pandemic started with me being in renewing visa period while my mother went on a trip without telling her friends, so her friends called me panicking and I had to stop the (nice)(also a policeman) neighbor from destroying her door while being on the other side of the world.
Then the country I live in (Japan) closed its borders to every foreigners, including residents, including me. Meaning that if I had to go out I wouldn't be able to come home for who knows how long. They opened the borders for residents 6 months later.

And now, my own country (France) closed its borders to everyone, including its own citizens unless they have very good reason to go in, or out. Among those reasons are work, studies, death or illness of a close family member. But I calculated and between the tests and the forms,the papers, the travel itself, and the quarantine it would take me two weeks to go back. Obviously too long to even attend a funeral and most likely too late to say goodbye to a dying family member.
Right now I'm not happy. At all.

Aside from that and the time(s?) I had COVID, the pandemic could have been worse. I'm thankful for the very relaxed lockdowns and to be able to bug the husband who's now working from home all day long.

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Feb 5th, '21, 07:37    

Moi

Hugs: 326488
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I feel that I'm in the minority by saying it hasn't been too bad.
My uncle did have COVID but he seems to have made a good recovery.
My dad's been tested for it a few times and has come up negative.
My aunt works in a nursing home so she has encountered it a few times and came up negative too.

I find it so weird to see people complain about being home and not being able to get out and go places like before all this happened and say they're going insane.
I mean...I know why they're upset, but as a shut-in for over 10 years it's normal to me.
I don't get out much and I don't like getting out.
If I could, I'd stay in my room 24/7 for the rest of my life.
Unfortunately I have to leave the house sometimes and I hate it.
So that aspect of the pandemic isn't new or unwanted to me.

My sister hasn't been to school physically since....before last summer.
We can keep her home and she does her work online.
But this whole online schooling thing has been a major pain in the ass.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Feb 9th, '21, 08:19    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 40718
Mood: I'm trying.
I feel like if the problem were the pandemic alone, maybe I could've dealt with it better, but the thing about it is my already existent problems either got worse or sort of branched out into new problems since last March. I kept thinking that maybe once pandemic ends those problems will go back to normal but it's been a whole year. Safe to say those problems are lasting problems now.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Feb 10th, '21, 09:09    

Myste

Hugs: 50045
It honestly didn't affect me directly. It just gave me more reason to be the way I am anyway - someone who doesn't step foot outside unless absolutely necessary.

It /did/ make my dad more aware of a pre-existing issue with me, which wasn't a bad thing at all. I have a suppressed immune system and he finally seems to really get how easy it is for me to do something like catch a cold as compared to him and how much harder it is for me now to get over it when I do.

My dad was temporarily unemployed for a month or 2 of it during which he was on a government funded thing then he was able to work from home so it hasn't been too bad there. He's allready on the list for the vaccine but I don't think I'm allowed to yet. Something about it making me more sick than I allready am. (shrugs)

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 12th, '21, 06:59    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 103067
Mood: spiritual
Myste wrote:He's allready on the list for the vaccine but I don't think I'm allowed to yet. Something about it making me more sick than I allready am. (shrugs)
Yeah the vaccine is a weakened version of the virus that is supposed to teach your body to fight the real thing. So it's weak enough that a normal immune system would kill it and remember how to fight it. But if your immune system is suppressed, you could end up basically having covid because of the virus. One of my friends is a clinical psychologist and was supposed to get the vaccine but she was asked if she had any food allergies. Since allergies are basically the immune system overreacting. If the immune system overreacts that's another problem cause you'd have an adverse reaction to the vaccine. She did have food allergies so the doctor said she'd have to skip taking the vaccine.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Mar 26th, '21, 20:25    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 78539
We've been lucky so far. My husband works from home, and I don't work, so not much changed for us. My father was out of work for a little while, but he's back now. No one in our family has gotten sick. We've been ordering most of our groceries online.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 27th, '21, 23:23    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 73382
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
Umm... well its been an experience. I live in upstate New York and work at a hospital so things have gotten busy and chaotic to say the least. Thanks to my job I never was without employment because I work for a hospital pharmacy so even though elective cases were cancelled and postponed, we still had a lot to do with the growing number of hospitalized covid cases. Luckily I stayed safe and everyone for the most part at my job were doing everything to obey the regulations. I can’t count the number of times i’ve wanted to cut off family members who told me covid isn’t real because while they’re doing that and ignoring regulations, i’m making meds and ivs for people who are on the verge of death from it.

On the bright side though, I got the vaccine! I was a part of the first people to get it because of my job. Covid cases also started finally dropping for us too.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Apr 20th, '21, 15:09    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 78539
Wow, you're not too far from me then! I'm in central NY!

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 24th, '21, 16:17    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 73382
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
That’s actually pretty cool! The medical network I work for is huge and has locations in upstate and central ny so there’s a slim chance we’ve run into each other or you may know some of my coworkers.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

[ 22 posts ]