Looks nice, might try one day  10%  [ 8 ]
Never heard about it  5%  [ 4 ]
Gimme FOOOOD  34%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 83
 Post subject: Re: Genshin Impact
Posted: Nov 11th, '21, 22:49    

Rakuyo

Hugs: 27277
There are also times when there are some flying enemies or enemies dealing constant damage around them, so you need someone with ranged attack (especially if they are not close enough any land).
This is very true!
It's just probably because I suck at aiming, but when some badass enemy like this appears I feel overwhelmed and my aiming gets even worse lol.
Amber is useful against dendro, but probably because she's my only Pyro character so far.

The only reason I made it to rank 24 now is that I focused on daily commissions (which are rarely tough) and finding chests in random places without enemies haha.
With Noelle's shield, it's a little better to get elemental reactions without losing half of HP.

(0) (0)
:mcsleepy:

Posted: Nov 12th, '21, 06:19    

Moon Star

Hugs: 207451
Mood: Pondering on whether or not I should ponder about pondering...
Arachne wrote:Apparently I have Ganyu. Yes, she is OP, she's my main DPS, so I use her all the time. But she will be unusable without a shield. Why? Because what is so OP about her is her crit rate and crit damage, but the crit rate is very high just for the second attack of double charged shots (one such shot hits twice, so you get this attack for every lvl 2 charged shot) - so you get all this insane damage only if you manage to charge her shot twice (you have to be in aiming mode for that all this time) and then shot your target (or somewhere close to it - this second attack hits the small area around the shot destination - so if you cannot aim properly, you just aim for the ground). And keep in mind that Ganyu is the slowest archer in Genshin, even her normal not charged shots are sooo slooow. If you are interrupted while charging, your charge is gone. And even worse, she has small hp pool and very poor defense. So if you don't have a shield, you will probably just die if there are more enemies or if they are very strong. There was one time when I tried to fight as her without Zhongli in my team - she died pretty quickly :mccry:
Oh wow, I did not know any of this about Ganyu! Super interesting stuff, especially since I hate doing charged attacks as an archer. So she wouldn't be my cup of tea, lmao.
And yeah, Zhongli is perfect (for so many reasons lol, I simp and I simp hard). I can't NOT have him in my team anymore, I've become so reliant on his shield (because I suck at dodging).

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 13th, '21, 00:19    

Arachne

Hugs: 48507
Rakuyo wrote:Amber is useful against dendro, but probably because she's my only Pyro character so far.
Yeah, pyro is great against dendro, but for some reason when I fight against it I end up with dendro applied to me and then I just step into the fire I have started myself during the fight... And it escalates quickly :mcheh: I'm glad the shield is usually stopping most of the damage.

Also, I think you get Xianling for free after clearing first few levels of the Spiral Abyss. It's this strange black hole in the sky in Mondstadt. It does not depend on world level, so it gets very hard very quickly, but first few levels are easy.
Xianling is pyro polearm character, she's very quick and pretty strong, because her burst deals almost continuous pyro for some time (great way to put everything around on the fire, yay :mclaugh: ). I've waited for a long time before getting her, because I was afraid of the Abyss and now I regret it, because it helps you a lot if you can customize your party depending on the situation and in early game you have barely any characters.
Rakuyo wrote:The only reason I made it to rank 24 now is that I focused on daily commissions (which are rarely tough) and finding chests in random places without enemies haha.
Yeah, daily commisions are great - they are generally easy, but they make your companions frendlier and they give you AR exp, weapon exp items, some gold and most importantly, primogems :fc:

And regarding primogems, have you already redeemed codes they published in 2.3 version livestream? There are 300 free primogems :mclove:
Spoiler: 2.3 livestream codes
Here are the codes:
AS7CJDP4NG7H
BSNDJC747Z7D
KB6DKDNM7H49
Just go to official Genshin website, log into your account and go to "redeem code" in the menu.
Rakuyo wrote:Oh wow, I did not know any of this about Ganyu! Super interesting stuff, especially since I hate doing charged attacks as an archer. So she wouldn't be my cup of tea, lmao.
Yeah, Ganyu is very unique. Well, most Genshin characters are unique, in their look, personality and gameplay. There's a ton to read about every character in order to build them properly... Even if you just read what others have published online. And in the end after all this building and grinding they may just not sit well with your play style. It's good we always have test runs, but they don't tell you everything.
Moon Star wrote:And yeah, Zhongli is perfect (for so many reasons lol, I simp and I simp hard). I can't NOT have him in my team anymore, I've become so reliant on his shield (because I suck at dodging).
I agree with everything, 100% :mcsquee:

(0) (0)
I want to practise my English. If you see any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Why do some people use such a small font size? It hurts my eyes... :mcdead:

Posted: Nov 13th, '21, 04:30    

Moon Star

Arachne wrote:Xianling
Goddammit Guoba, you're supposed to aim at the enemy, not *Gestures Broadly at Everything* everywhere else!
Arachne wrote:Yeah, Ganyu is very unique. Well, most Genshin characters are unique, in their look, personality and gameplay.
I just can't get over how unique everyone is, they're all just sooooo amazing!
Arachne wrote:I agree with everything, 100% :mcsquee:
Always nice to meet a fellow simp! ;D

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 13th, '21, 18:19    

Arachne

Moon Star wrote:Goddammit Guoba, you're supposed to aim at the enemy, not *Gestures Broadly at Everything* everywhere else!
Hey, if everything around gets on fire, your enemies will eventually also get on fire :mccool: And you too
Moon Star wrote:I just can't get over how unique everyone is, they're all just sooooo amazing!
Events are even more unique. Even if there are some event types that are repeated, they sometimes change the rules a little, so in the end you have to carefully read them every time. It is nice, but also super confusing. And there are so many events I hardly find time to explore anymore :mcheh:

There is another event right now, with flowers. I read the rules, but still have no idea what I am supposed to do in it, beside growing flowers. I've seen there are rewards for growing flowers and giving them to friends. But do we receive any rewards for flower arrangement?
Moon Star wrote:Always nice to meet a fellow simp! ;D
I agree with this too :mcwink:

Have you heard that starting with version 2.3 we will get second special character banner, sharing pity with first special character banner? We will finally get more reruns :mclove: Can't wait for Xiao to finally get a rerun

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 13th, '21, 18:46    

Rakuyo

Hugs: 27277
After watching 2.3 Livestream preview I can't wait until the release of Gorou and Itto omg! Savin primogems mode ON lol.
I really like Geo characters, I couldn't fight much with Traveler but ever since he resonates with Geo I started to use him quite often.

Xiangling is cool, I totally agree. But idk how long it will take for me to raise my characters to be able to clean the 3d chamber at all.
Since I need to fight bosses to ascend them to the second phase, but I keep dying while trying to fight them lol.

(0) (0)
:mcsleepy:

Posted: Nov 14th, '21, 03:12    

Moon Star

@Arachne, Ever accidentally die because the grass was on fire and you were low HP? I have. :D

And some of the events get really confusing actually, yes. For that matter, I'm still heart-broken over the fact that the Golden Apple Archipelago Islands just, disappeared after the event? They were amazing!

And I did not hear that, no. And on that note: GIMME MY XIAO, MIHOYO. HE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER OF ALL TIME. INEEDHIM.

@Rakuyo, Uuuuugh, don't get me started on Itto. Finally, a man with abs! FINALLY, A MAN WHO'S DRESSED AS SCANTILY AS THE WOMEN. GIVE US MORE OF 'EM. Also, I love how everyone is 100% on board with him just being a Himbo, it's hilarious.

And Gorou is just adorbs, p r e c i o u s p u p p y. Hell, one of his skills makes a paw flag, lmaooooo

Annnnd it took me until I was done with Liyue's Archon Quests before I finally got around to fighting in Spiral Abyss for realz, and I already had Xiangling by then, sooooo LOL

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 14th, '21, 23:08    

Arachne

@Rakuyo:
Yeah, getting stronger in the beginning is really painful, also because your character roster is very limited. There are more ways to make your characters stronger than just leveling up and ascending - you can:
- give them better weapon (the bigger star rating, the better - they just get better stats), level it up and ascend it
- level up their talents (but they are locked in the beggining, before one of the ascensions, I don't remember which one)
- give them better artifacts and level them (though there are barely any artifacts at the start of the game... )
There is also food to temporarily boost your characters. Moreover, you can unlock character constellations if you get another copy of the character - which is hard, because you need to use wishes and get lucky... But the traveler gets constellations to unlock as you level up through a story (you can also get one in Mondstadt and Liyue by exchanging anemo and geo sigils in this shop with the gem icon on the map).

There is also a trick to finish all elemental bosses. You always need at least one character with element that interacts effectively with element of the boss (for example hydro reacts with electro, but it just gives more electro damage, so it is bad for electro hypostasis, because it is immune to electro :mcheh: )

If you still have trouble, you may always try to do it in coop. It really drastically speeds up things. My sister started to play few months ago. She also had trouble at the beginning, so I helped her out with bosses and now she's strong enough to help me with some challanges :mccool:
Anyway, even I could help you, if you want of course (there are people who prefer to do things at their own pace :mchappy: ). Though it depends also on the timezone, I guess... I usually play in the evenings and I'm in gmt+1.

@Moon Star:
No, actually I've never died because of grass on fire. Or I just don't remeber it. Well, I got Xianling pretty late and afterwards I quickly got Zhongli... I'm not even sure if I didn't get Zhongli before Xianling (yes, I was this late in the Abyss :mcblush: ). Which I think would explain why I've never died this way :mcglee:

Oh, Golden Apple Archipelago Islands! Yes, they were so nice! And I was on holidays for half of the event, so I struggled a lot to explore it. I'm also really sad they vanished. I cleared most of it, but not whole. What a waste of effort on their part. I complained a lot in the survey afterwards.
Though I really did dislike how high everything was...

Oh, another Xiao fan, I see :mcglee: My favorite still is Zhongli, but Xiao is nice. And strong :mcwink:
Though I've heard they are rerunning Albedo and Eula in 2.3. I have no idea why Eula, she was available not so long ago :mcmeh:

I'm not a fan of Geo characters in general (except Zhongli) and both Gorou and Itto did not catch my attention yet. Though it may change when they get their videos or during the test run...
I really love that they make videos for almost all characters. They are often sooo nice :mcsquee:

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 15th, '21, 00:06    

Moon Star

My first 5 star was Diluc. He just burns everything around him, lmao, so I regularly lost HP to burning grass in the beginning. Also, I'm fairly certain that I also got Zhongli before Xiangling, so LOL

For the Islands, I'm preeeeetty sure I sped-run through it in the last 2-3 days of the event, because I was always too tired after work or too busy to actually play Genshin the whole time it was out. :'D
And the fact that everything required climbing was hell, yes.
But maybe they'll bring the islands back next summer???

I simp extra hard over both of them, and anyways, Zhongli and Xiao are precious together, and family (anyone who says no is w r o n g), so one will necessarily come with the other. And when is Mihoyo giving us a quest with them together??? Xiao deserves it. D:

And I know I'm definitely pulling for Albedo, but I can't for the life of me figure out why they're rerunning Eula. I skipped her last time, and I'm skipping her again this time.

And I've technically already got my perma team, so Itto and Gorou would just be pulled for the sake of having them, but hell, if they fit better in my current team, I've nothing against adding them???

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 15th, '21, 01:24    

Arachne

Oh, you have Diluc! I'm envious. I still did not get him. Maybe one day...
Though it explains your problems with fire...

Oh, I hate speed runs. I try to do every event a little while it still lasts, but I usually end up with speed runs at the end anyway :mcsweat: It's so tiring. There are too many things to do in this game that are time-limited.
I hope they will get the islands back.

Oh yeah, Xiao and Zhongli! And Hu Tao, for the lulz :mclol: THAT would be hilarous.
I've pulled Hu Tao just because other characters can't stand her. I intended to put her in my main team. But so much time passed (I pulled her during her original run) and I still haven't build her properly. I tried to, but she was still sooo weak while comparing her to the other characters that I decided to leave her be. And I got Yanfei in the meantime in her place, instead of Xianling.

By the way Moon Star, who do you have in your main team? Mine is Ganyu, Yanfei, Raiden and Zhongli. Sometimes I swap Ganyu with Mona, but it's advantageous only if there are many, many enemies, because I get them electrocharged, so electro goes between them getting them out quickly - and I don't need to charge my bow sooo sloooowly for every hit... Though it's usually out of question in Inazuma, because there are too many electro enemies, so hydro isn't so good :mcheh:

(0) (0)

[ 329 posts ]