Looks nice, might try one day  10%  [ 8 ]
Never heard about it  5%  [ 4 ]
Gimme FOOOOD  34%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 83
 Post subject: Re: Genshin Impact
Posted: Nov 4th, '21, 05:57    

Moon Star

Hugs: 207615
Mood: Pondering on whether or not I should ponder about pondering...
Oh man, I've found the thread for me! Pls tell me people are still posting here and we can hold a conversation (though I don't have much time or energy for convos lol).

The story line, the characters, the lore, the characters, the environment, THE HUSBANDOS. This game is perfect, and I love it with all my being.

Xiao best boi, when rerun?

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 4th, '21, 08:26    

JosieQ

Hugs: 88226
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
Welcome @Moon Star! Don't worry, I'm terrible at conversations, as evidenced by the way I dropped off the map from this one for a good... almost... three weeks. :mcsweat: And now here I come crawlin' back like a chump.

Xiao is quite nice. I'm not generally a fan of blue/green hair, but I love the gold eyes, so I'll take 'im if he asks real nice! :mcsmirk:

@NoxNoctis I totally agree, we do need some more fellas to balance out the ladies up in here, though we do got some GREAT ladies. I think they might be overcompensating a bit for the fact that there's traditionally been a shortage of chicks in video games. Relax Mihiyo, relax! You can do some more guys it's okay!

I'm looking at a list of coming-soon-someday-maybies, this guy here's pretty:

https://gamewith.net/genshin-impact/article/show/29489

Love the white hair and different-colored eyes! Claymore though eh, not sure about that.

Gachas are the worst, every time they do a survey I spew venom at them and call them money-grubbing scumbags. I mean you're going to be releasing new characters for-like-ever, you'll be making billions even if you let us BUY the characters outright, you don't have to resort to such cheap garbage bullshit, I say, I'm quitting I hate you burn in hell!! Then I keep on playing anyway. :mcsquee:

Is anyone using Aloy? She's rated 5-star but I'd like to know personal experiences on if people find her worth it. (Not being able to up her Constellation seems like that should maybe pull her down to 4-star? I dunno...) I leveled her up a bit, but until I get a mouse-and-keyboard setup I feel I'm not getting full potential out of the bow-wielders, so I don't play them much. Nigh impossible to do an aimed shot under pressure with a controller.

I just pulled Mona this week! I was real excited at first, but then I was like waiiiit. I mean, I reeeeally wanted her for ages, but now I got Nokomi who's probably better so I'm not sure I can USE Mona, but I guess better to have than to not have. :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 4th, '21, 16:32    

Rakuyo

Hugs: 27288
I've just started playing a week ago and absolutely love it so far!
Though there's so much I don't really understand since I am not a gamer actually.
:qh:

(0) (0)
:mcsleepy:

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 01:48    

Moon Star

@JosieQ, Same lol, I’ve never been good with conversations.

And oh, I definitely love Xiao’s multi-tone hair, and those colours are fantastic (I’m also looking at you, Venti :mcsmirk:), so I likey. But yes, those golden cat eyes are arresting. But also, his back. I know I’ve seen people simp over his back, and I agree.

And aw sh*t, everyone is already thirsting for Itto and he’s not even out yet, but I’m simping too. Finally, muscles!!!

And there’s actually a really big disparity between male/female characters (like a 1:2 ratio, almost, maybe less), which is ridiculous, I WANT MORE HUSBANDOS.

And I’ve only used Aloy to kill Timmie’s pigeons, lmao. And Mona for walking on water when the commission involves the Hilichurls on water hahahahah

@Rakuyo, It’s a bit of a learning curve lol, even for people like me who’s very much a gamer! I still don’t have a clue how to play meta kek. But you’ll find yourself addicted soon enough! :D

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 13:27    

Rakuyo

true! luckily there are lots of clues and explanations on youtube and fandom wikis around.
Also, Kaeya was actually the character because of whom I finally decided to try this game after tons of ads. And I unlocked him yesterday. So happy about it!

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 7th, '21, 03:24    

Moon Star

Kaeya! The boob window is so distracting, and just the fact that he has one, I'll never get over it, lmao

But yeah, you can find guides for just about anything, so you never have to worry about going in blind. :)

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 8th, '21, 07:01    

JosieQ

Hugs: 88226
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
@Moon Star

Timmie's pigeons, how could you! And here I thought with that demonic avatar you were a nice person who'd care about poor Timmie and his poor birds!!

:mcsquee:

Have you got Ayaka yet? She can run on water Mona style if you didn't know, but with ice powers. Swimming's so slow and stupid, love just running over it. (Plus when I drown it kinda freaks me out because I already have drowning nightmares, I assume that's normal...)

@Rakuyo

Welcome! If you have any questions you wanna ask here, I'm sure we could help. In the past I've googled stuff that's so ridiculously simple and stupid I can't even find an answer on reddit or forums, because people just take it for granted as obvious. :mcsweat:

When I raised my world level the very first time the game got impossibly hard and I was bitching and about to quit, until I realized you could level up the characters' talents. Duuuh I was just leveling up their level and not their talents like a chump, for weeks or maybe months. :mcmeh:

Don't be like me! Don't suffer alone!

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 10th, '21, 16:05    

Rakuyo

@JosieQ

aww! thank you!
I also google a looot, but yeah, not everything is obvious.
Enemies in Liyue are so tough, I mostly run away from them when possible lol.

Like, what use archers have at all outside of ruin guards?
I got Aloy now (afters somehow miraculously reaching rank 20 lol) but can't make any use of her too outside of Cryo damage increase with Kaeya in a team.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 11th, '21, 04:54    

Moon Star

JosieQ wrote:@Moon Star

Timmie's pigeons, how could you! And here I thought with that demonic avatar you were a nice person who'd care about poor Timmie and his poor birds!!

:mcsquee:

Have you got Ayaka yet? She can run on water Mona style if you didn't know, but with ice powers. Swimming's so slow and stupid, love just running over it. (Plus when I drown it kinda freaks me out because I already have drowning nightmares, I assume that's normal...)
I will literally waste Diluc's ult to kill Timmie's birds! :'D
And I didn't even try to pull for Ayaka, because I just wasn't that interested in her? Like, I love her story-wise, but I don't want her in my team. So I skipped her banner. :p
And yes, running over water is great. Used to use Kaeya as an ice bridge maker, LOL

JosieQ wrote:When I raised my world level the very first time the game got impossibly hard and I was bitching and about to quit, until I realized you could level up the characters' talents. Duuuh I was just leveling up their level and not their talents like a chump, for weeks or maybe months. :mcmeh:
Also, LOL
I've seen comments from people who made it to AR 40 before realizing they could lever their talents, lolololol

Rakuyo wrote:Like, what use archers have at all outside of ruin guards?
Archers in general? Not sure myself. Venti? Best boi and he's actually my strongest DPS, oops. :mcheh:
(Also, apparently Ganyu is broken/OP, but I don't have her, so I can't say. Still, ranged attacks as normal attacks are useful in general monster battles as well, if you don't feel like getting too close.)

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 11th, '21, 22:26    

Arachne

Hugs: 48524
Oh wow, so many people got here when I was not looking! So nice :mcsquee:
Moon Star wrote:Archers in general? Not sure myself. Venti? Best boi and he's actually my strongest DPS, oops. :mcheh:
(Also, apparently Ganyu is broken/OP, but I don't have her, so I can't say. Still, ranged attacks as normal attacks are useful in general monster battles as well, if you don't feel like getting too close.)
Apparently I have Ganyu. Yes, she is OP, she's my main DPS, so I use her all the time. But she will be unusable without a shield. Why? Because what is so OP about her is her crit rate and crit damage, but the crit rate is very high just for the second attack of double charged shots (one such shot hits twice, so you get this attack for every lvl 2 charged shot) - so you get all this insane damage only if you manage to charge her shot twice (you have to be in aiming mode for that all this time) and then shot your target (or somewhere close to it - this second attack hits the small area around the shot destination - so if you cannot aim properly, you just aim for the ground). And keep in mind that Ganyu is the slowest archer in Genshin, even her normal not charged shots are sooo slooow. If you are interrupted while charging, your charge is gone. And even worse, she has small hp pool and very poor defense. So if you don't have a shield, you will probably just die if there are more enemies or if they are very strong. There was one time when I tried to fight as her without Zhongli in my team - she died pretty quickly :mccry:

As for archers, I think they actually have their uses. Apart from Ruin Guards and their bigger cousins, I find archers useful when fighting Azdaha (if you don't know who he is, don't check it, because you would probably get some heavy spoilers; he is just a weekly boss you unlock at some point in the story). He has this awful stomping attack which has amazing range and it lasts so long there is no shield strong enough to stop it. The only way is to get far away, so far that no catalyst user will be able to hit him, only archer.
There are also times when there are some flying enemies or enemies dealing constant damage around them, so you need someone with ranged attack (especially if they are not close enough any land). In these situations catalyst users are better than archers, because you don't have to aim, which is really hard and painful, but archers also can kill them.
JosieQ wrote:Don't be like me! Don't suffer alone!
I agree. The game is pretty deep and it is easy to not know something. I'm AR 57 and I've just recently found out that every artefact apart from different main stat also has different sub stats that you get randomly every 4 artefact levels and you can have only 4 types of sub stats, so you actually have to pay attention to them :mcheh: Or that there is something called Condensed Resin that gives you double materials in lay lines and domains if you use it instead of normal Resin, so you can spend twice less time farming them.

(0) (0)
I want to practise my English. If you see any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Why do some people use such a small font size? It hurts my eyes... :mcdead:

[ 329 posts ]