Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 35 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Anime
Posted: Jul 17th, '21, 00:04    

Kuuki

Hugs: 264864
Yup. I had actually watched Baccano! before Durarara!! and jumped right in the latter without knowing anything about it but that it was by the same author.
I love it so much I'm even reading the novels. In Japanese, which is awfully hard, because most characters speak strangely, but it also made me realize how good an adaptation it is.

If you end up liking Black Lagoon, you might like Jormungand as well.
Rubie wrote:I like demon slayer! I read the manga first and tbh I like the manga more, but the anime made the battles amazing. I'm kind of mad I didn't know about it the last time I went to Japan because I would have picked up all of the random merch I found of it. And that was before the anime aired. I can only imagine how much more random merch is out there now with the popularity of the anime.
Trust me, it's CRAZY. Shrines even have themed Demon Slayer good luck charms now. I've seen kimonos as well, masks of course, when I look at anime news site for work there's at least one Demon Slayer news per day. It's crazy enough that everyone from little kids to grandmothers are sporting Demon Slayer goods, sometimes homemade. Honestly you wouldn't be able to pick up all the random merchandise, you'd have a few suitcases worth.
It's really nuts, I have never seen anything even remotely like this in my 6 years in the country.

Right now, Japan is also having a Jujutsu Kaisen fever, haven't watched it either but if you want to know what's popular it's that. Also Tokyo Revengers apparently and Umamusume.

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Jul 17th, '21, 00:53    

blackbriar

Hugs: 57926
Mood: lazy
I've been seeing Jujustsu Kaisen everywhere. The premise doesn't stand out or anything but from what I've seen of the characters, it actually seems quite good? Well, I prefer shorter series or at least ones with a set ending unlike most of the shonen types. They're too much to keep up with even if they're good!!

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Jul 17th, '21, 01:57    

Moi

Hugs: 324642
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Kuuki: I still really love both anime series. Who is your favorite character in Durarara!! 8u?

Both Black Lagoon and Jormungand are on my list of stuff to read and or watch 8u

I actually want to check Jujutsu Kaisen out too.
The anime is on my list on Crunchyroll.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Jul 17th, '21, 02:45    

LunaXO

Hugs: 40480
Mood: trying to get back into it!
i finally got to season 3 of my hero academia and Dabi has finally arrived!!! i love that character so much muahahaha :mcheh:

(0) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Jul 17th, '21, 20:57    

Moi

I need to watch or read more My Hero Academia ><
I actually made a couple fan characters for it xD;

Has anyone watched Angel Beats! or Clannad 8u?
I really liked Angel Beats! but was iffy about Clannad but I really liked it ._.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jul 18th, '21, 00:24    

LunaXO

Hugs: 40480
Mood: trying to get back into it!
i recommend watching MHA for sure. I love it xD
i havent heard of Angel Beats or Clannad, I will look them up and see 0.0

(0) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Jul 18th, '21, 00:38    

Kuuki

I have watched Angel Beats. I loved it, I especially loved the music. I wouldn't recommend it if you're feeling sad though.
Moi wrote:

Kuuki: I still really love both anime series. Who is your favorite character in Durarara!! 8u?

Actually, it's Shiki, you know the white suit wearing yakuza.
Then it's Izaya, but I honestly love everyone.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 18th, '21, 01:55    

Moi

00Luna: Angel Beats! was pretty funny, but it has its sad moments 8u
Clannad has sad moments too, but I never got that far in the series.

Kuuki: Ahh, I see 8u
Shizuo was my favorite.
I tend to like blonde characters a lot. Naturally or dyed xD
I didn't realize that until someone asked what my favorite anime characters were and I was making a list and most of it was blonde characters ._.

Does anyone like the Madoka Magica franchise 8u
I'm a sucker for magical girl series and it's one of my favorites xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 15:36    

Rubie

Hugs: 136900
@Moi: I've never heard of Mnemosyne, I like gore, but usually not a fan of yuri. I don't have a problem with yuri, I just always disappointed in BL and GL animes. I mostly read them lol.

I've seen Angel Beats. Like a looong time ago. Clannad has been on my to watch list for years. And I've never seen Madoka...yet. that's also on my list.

@Kuuki: Oh my gosh, that sounds so ridiculous, I love it. I remember when I went the first time I didn't see an anime that was really popular except Haikyuu! This was in 2016, but it probably helped we were visiting a very touristy area. The second time I went in 2019, there really wasn't just one anime that I saw a lot of merch for. It was a mixture of what was airing at the time.

I would LOVE to get some Jujutsu Kaisen merch! I watched the anime first because a friend was raving about it. I finally started the manga. I have become quite a fangirl. lol

Most of the anime merch I own I bought on my trips to Japan because I rather get it at the source LOL. Believe me I went with half a suitcase full and I had to ended up having to pack some of the stuff in my carry-on.

Is anyone watching Vanitas no Carte (The Case Study of Vanitas) from this season? I read the first 2-3 manga volumes years ago and got myself to reread them and the other volumes before the anime aired. The anime has yet to disappoint me.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 23:28    

Kuuki

It IS ridiculous but also pretty fun to see grandmas sporting an obviously handmade Demon Slayer mask. Or very serious looking suit wearing men with phones with Demon Slayer charms. Instead of Where's Waldo, it's like playing real life Where's Demon Slayer. Makes my walks more interesting.

I still do see a lot of Haikyuu. Pokémon is still popular in term of merch. Animal Crossing themed T-shirts at Uniqlo created a line before opening. I don't know it feels like compared to before anime has seeped into real life more? I've even started seeing voice actors invited on prime time TV shows.

Don't worry, I understand the thing. Whenever I come back in France for the holiday I have one suitcase full of presents, when I come back we have two, 30kg each, mostly food though XD

The Vanitas manga has been on my reading list ever since it came out. I have yet to read it but, as usual with this mangaka, I absolutely love the art style.

(0) (0)

[ 35 posts ]