[ 35 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Anime
Posted: Jul 20th, '21, 02:32    

Moi

Hugs: 324613
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Rubie: I tend to prefer BL and GL in manga to be honest 8u
But I really enjoyed Mnemosyne.
It reminded me of the anime Baccano! because characters are immortal, but they do die. They just don't stay dead.
Soooo they die brutally but come back.

Angel Beats! is one of the funniest anime series I've seen.
Typically don't go for comedy ones, but parts of it made me laugh so hard it hurt.

I think Clannad is worth the watch if you ever do get to it.

I hope you enjoy Madoka Magica when you do watch it 8D
It's easily one of my top favorites even all these years later .__.
I was so excited to play the mobile game that came out for it, but the NA version ended up being shut down for some reason so I got everything jerked away from me and I'm still salty >Bu

I've not heard of Vanitas no Carte u8;

Kuuki: Serious suit wearing men with cute phone charms is so cute to me xD;

I have a few anime pins in my wallet. I would love to have more.
I actually would love more anime shirts. The only place I buy them from...is expensive and their shirts fit me weird. It's not anime, but my dad bought me a Doki Doki Literature Club shirt from there and I LOVE THIS SHIRT -wearing it right now- UB
My only issue with anime shirts is they often make the shirts white and I don't like wearing white shirts because my bras are always visible xD;

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Jul 20th, '21, 07:17    

Kuuki

Hugs: 264734
Vanitas is the newest manga of Jun Mochizuki, the author of Pandora Hearts, so it's all really pretty.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of anime shirts aside from Uniqlo, even in Japan, and unless there's some kind of exhibition going on I wouldn't even know where to look. Somehow there's quite a few high end collaborations, like bags or watches, but lately it's a lot of Nintendo stuff. Strangely enough I haven't come across Demon Slayer related, but then again I haven't been paying attention much and since I don't go out much either, maybe that's why.

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Jul 20th, '21, 18:10    

Rubie

Hugs: 136815
@Moi: I find that BL as the main focus in anime always tends to be more cringy for me. I don't mind it if it isn't the main focus. And this is coming from someone who has read more BL than I will ever admit to if asked.

I thought Angel Beats had a more serious tone to it too. but that could be me misremembering. I do remember it being funny.

I know like the major plot twist that's in it because people weren't hiding the spoilers that well. I tend to stay away from mobile apps focused on anime games unless it's like a special event in it.

@Kuuki: Honestly that seems so sweet. I wish I had something like that to do when I walk around here. But alas, I live in rural USA so nothing that exciting happens. I love the where's demon slayer. I wish that was like a book lol.

I mean it's pretty cool that anime is becoming more accepted. I remember when I was in middle/school high school (USA Of course) I would hide that I watched anime and read manga because I had gotten made fun for liking it. I see it has becoming more acceptable to like with the next generation.

Vanitas is so good, as you should know because of the mangaka. The anime does a good job with her art style too. I have been kind of hoping that there will be a remake of the Pandora Hearts anime one of these years because iirc, the anime had an original ending and didn't cover the whole manga because it was still being published.

I never wear anime shirts, partly from being made fun of, and partly because I feel like I would destroy them easily or stain them (I have a bad habit of spilling on myself no matter how carefully I eat). I remember seeing Naruto shirts popping up in shops for a while. Not sure what they would have now because they sell those kind of t's in the men's section.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jul 21st, '21, 00:18    

Kuuki

Hugs: 264734
Looking for birds? I don't know I kinda miss walking in rural areas, my walking routes involve either walking in one of the biggest and most well-known park of the city, walking in the middle of a cemetery or walking to what's apparently one of the most visited religious site of the whole world. Thankfully there's not that many people at 7 in the morning but I wish I could experience more relaxation.

When I was in middle school the Internet just wasn't good enough to watch anime, and even in high school it was hard, so I never really started watching until before I turned 18. Which, I guess, made things easier.
That being said, my generation grew up watching Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball on TV so the groundwork was there.

I do remember to have seen rumors of a Pandora Hearts remake on Twitter so all hope is not lost.

As for the t-shirts, I don't wear them simply because I would stand out even more than I already do which is already a lot ^^

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Jul 21st, '21, 02:03    

Moi

Kuuki: I glimpsed at it and thought the art looked familiar 8u

Yeah, I grew up watching Toonami and the horrendous dub for the 90s Sailor Moon >Bu

I'm someone that likes to hide from people. I don't like too much attention being payed to me. I love wearing anime shirts, though. The DDLC one I mentioned has writing on it. I remember people staring at me and I was like "Wtf are you looking at >8u" and I was like "Oh, yeah...my shirt xD"

There's two stores that I can think of that sell anime shirts: Hot Topic and Spencers.
I don't know how many other countries those stores exist in, though.
If you're looking for like shirts, pins, plushes, or figurines - those are the only stores here you can find them at.

Rubie: I too have read many a BL manga in my life 8u
I guess maybe for me it's because it's voiced?
It feels more weird listening to characters than reading what they're saying.

Angel Beats! does have some serious points to it, but I remember it more for the comedy. That ending did make me tear up, though xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jul 22nd, '21, 13:55    

LunaXO

Hugs: 40469
Mood: trying to get back into it!
i am speeding through MHA. I'm up to season 4 and loving it :mcheh:
i might actually consider reading the manga for it and i've never previously read one before. Does anyone have recommendations on where to find it online?

(0) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Jul 23rd, '21, 01:41    

Moi

00Luna - did you see what I said about not being able to respond to your PM?
You might have them turned off 8u

I have a site I read a lot of manga on. If you get your PMs sorted out, I'll message it to you.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jul 23rd, '21, 01:52    

LunaXO

Hugs: 40469
Mood: trying to get back into it!
oooh! i totally thought i responded to people about that XD they are back on now! i have no idea why it was set to turned off.

(0) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Jul 23rd, '21, 03:49    

Moi

I didn't see a response, but that doesn't mean you didn't respond xD;

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jul 23rd, '21, 17:43    

Rubie

Hugs: 136815
Are we not allowed to post what sites we read manga on?

@Moi: I feel like the fact the BL animes are voiced is the problem, plus I find the...romance scenes, to be awkward. Plus I always have voices in my head for all the characters I read in general and when a manga I'm reading gets adapted to anime it's always a coin flip if I like the voice or not based on how I read them as.

@Kuuki: I do have a lot of wild turkeys about this year for some reason. I've seen them more than deer this year. I do live near a park that has hiking trails, but it's been so rainy this year so I haven't really been on them this year. It's so muddy. It can be quite busy depending on the day and time, but more relaxing than a big city. I wouldn't want to walk my two dogs in a large city.

I grew up with sailor moon, dragon ball, and pokemon on the TV so must be around the same generation/age lol. Yu-gi-oh was popular too. I remember when I learned you could watch anime online. It was a game changer because I used to stay up late or wake up early to catch anime on tv lol.

OH I don't use social media much these days so I didn't know that. That's good to hear, hopefully it'll come true.

@Luna: MHA is so good. I got myself a viz/shonen jump subscription so I can read it (plus some other mangas that are on there) It's $2 a month in the USA and I think closer to $3-4 CAD iirc from what someone told me. The one website I used to try and catch up one, because I had gotten too far behind for the free chapters, were so blurry no matter if I changed the format.

As for shirts, I don't really go to hot topic or Spencers. I don't even know if a hot topic still exists in my area. I have seen a dragon ball shirt at walmart a while back lmao. I started buying figurines online. Well, I've only been collecting the figurines for one character (The protag of Persona 5 because that's my boi). I am patiently waiting for one to come out, but the release date keeps getting pushed back.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

[ 35 posts ]