Nectar  8%  [ 2 ]
:food:  83%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Re: [ Building a new house for Amura ]
Posted: Aug 11th, '21, 15:15    

Amura

Hugs: 62229
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
I had over one million when I returned. (Apparently I had sold plenty of stuff before I left on my long hiatus.)
Which was a happy situation because I thought I would find sellers for the many things I've listed in my selling thread - but alas, not really.

OH, yeah, all my regular knuffels have apples and muffins. Even the level 100 ones, because they are ready (or almost ready) to dig every day!

Patty Hair is cool.
I'm a sucker for wigs :mclaugh:

Yeah, now that he's started to read he's found something he enjoys to do on his own.
Not before though, and I find natural that an only child expects his parents to play with him. I mean, who else is he gonna play with?
I'm sure you can tell them "go play with your brothers!" :mccute:

Being only one parent (on a daily basis) makes everything much harder imho. At least we can rotate.
I have a coworker who was twins (6yo too) and no partner, and she's logically exhausted. There is no time for anything else!

Oooh, a treehouse!
Living in a house with garden must be so cool. We apartment people can only dream of treehouses, they seem like something out of a movie.

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Aug 11th, '21, 19:41    

Jolien

Hugs: 15643
Mood: https://youtu.be/telPDj1VQjQ
Well, I still had gen 1 knuffels on level 30-something... And click-pain in my hand, that's when she gifted me apples.

I only found out last week the big advantage of pills and one good use for all the lunatic fringe bags I keep digging up, the pills are awesome too to just dig immediately. I plan on putting the muffins/apples on the other not leveled up one's, but finally getting close to level 100... .___.

Me tooo <3 <3 I love wigs. I don't even like the regular hair my avi has.. xD

Yeah, but this nephew is almost 8 years old and still relies all the time on mom. I've always tried to let them enjoy their own "me-time", but all kids are different. Our middle just cannot play alone, the other two, no problem. So, glad middle one has some brothers. Which is prolly also the reason he just cannot play alone, part character, partly the place in the family with always someone around.

Yeah, it's kinda cool. Tiny town has it's disadvantages, but I love that friends bike by, come build or play, we have quite a lot of space luckily, but all houses have that aroun here. We're just the lazy one's with no veggie garden, just a lot of grass (which is good for soccer!) No restaurants, choice for schools, no big stores nearby, all about 30 minutes away by car, but we do have space. And I actually love the nature around here. :) And as a bonus we have a farm, so always something to do, also for the boys if they want to. :) They often live in boots and know where to get their nails whenever they run out. Tomorrow, bogrács with friends, as in, light a fire, hang a cauldron above it and we throw in some meat and pray it will turn out ok. I borrowed a pasta-make-thingie from my colleage and I'll try to make my own nokedli for the first time. Lol. The meat was ok last time, so I think that'll work out, the pasta, we'll see. :D It'll be an experience.

You're European as well, aren't you? What country are you from?

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 11th, '21, 20:18    

Amura

Oh my! I don't think I could live without apples and muffins. (Hmm. Sounds like a weird foodie confession :mclaugh: )
I definetely would not have as many knuffels. It would be too time consuming.
But with their funtional items and digging daily they level up almost every day.

Btw if you ever need pills let me know, I always have tons of materials.

Of course each person has his own temperament, kids are no exception.
Both my husband and I are introverts, so we need our time to disconnect from everybody else. And we are glad our son (who is clearly an introvert too) is figuring out his own ways to disconnect and recharge.

But of course some kids must be different.
Those strange creatures who are extroverts must have been kids once upon a time :mclaugh:

We live in a 10-thousand-inhabitants town by the sea, traditional fishermen kind of town which now relies a lot in tourism.
We could have bought a house here, but it was more expensive and not worth it for us - we are content with our 3-bedroom flat, more than enough for us.
Country live sounds very cool but more on a theoretical plane. I don't think we would be great farmers :mcsmirk:

Yep, European. From the North West of Spain.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 12th, '21, 14:14    

Jolien

Lol, I won one trophy last month, but already noticed that's too much work, I keep forgetting to collect the food from it.

I'm out of pills again, but I can make some more. As I said, I only dig up lunatic fringe bags and I never ever need them. Book of light, that's another thing, thought I could dig up the last three, but they won't come. >.<

I'm not sure if I'm a specific introvert or extrovert, I can be just fine on my own, but I also like the company. I switch between the 2. Alcohol helps, lol. Especially when we just moved here, at the end of the party I was fluent. I thought. My middle is very much in need of company, either his brothers or friends who walk by. He knows everyone of pretends to know them. He's played that quite often that he waves to someone unknown, says that it's "insert name" but sometimes it turns out that he's mistaken and either the name is different or it's an entire different person. But he's able to laugh that off and move on. Lol. Kinda admire that secretly.

Town at the sea sounds nice, do you also rely on tourism? Hope not for you, it hasn't been the best business last year... :qsweat:

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 12th, '21, 14:34    

Amura

I've never really cared about rooms, nor joined the contest.
Just checked it out now because I wanted to see your winning entry, but it's probably my first time entering that section...

Do you want Books of Light?
I mean, if you need any material I can help with that for sure. I do really have tons.

No, I don't rely on tourism at all - I am a teacher.
I actually find summer tourism quite a bother. I know it's good for some business, but I personally don't enjoy it.
The population grows so much that everything becomes quite a trouble (parking the car, going to the supermarket, or to a cafe, etc.).
Not to mention serious problems, such as the fact that there are no apartments for rent whatsoever in this town nor the nearby ones. None.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 13th, '21, 18:56    

Jolien

Me neither, but I was curious about the item. :D with 7 entries I figured it was worth a try, 'cause the top 3 gets the item. :)

I made a few rooms, but there are just not that many items to choose from...

I'd love to get just 3 of them, still trying to finish some quests. Thanks! <3

Tourism can be a pain, especially Air BnB kinda websites did ruin a lot. The idea is good, but when wealthy people start buying 10 properties in a city to turn them into 20 or 30 appartments... :> For the people who thought covid would change sometimes, too bad. Not really it seems... I think we'll stick with biking for some years. :)

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 13th, '21, 19:28    

Amura

Sent you a trade :mccute:
If you need more mats for future quests, feel free to ask!

Yeah, uncontrolled Airbnb and the likes are quite an issue.
I mean the original Airbnb philosophy is ok, but it's being used as a way to turn houses into mini hotels - without paying as much taxes.

In places like this though, the problem existed way before Airbnb was invented.
Here people buy apartments to rent during summer, and they earn so much that don't want to rent it during the rest of the year!
So people can't actually rent any apartment for a whole year even if they want. It happened to us when we moved here - we had to buy a flat or otherwise we would not have anywhere to live in!! :qstr:

My father just had surgery today, and apparently everything turned out ok.
So relieved :qsml:

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 15th, '21, 20:20    

Jolien

Glad everything went well with the surgery. <3

Mjeah, I guess seaside places have always been more popular. More and more people just earn way too much money and since interests are close to zero, they all want houses or land. :(

My father in law came by to visit us, so I'm a little less online now. Also, got some more party-prepping to do. :)

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 15th, '21, 22:41    

Amura

We'll stay at my parents one day or two more, since my father is quite well already.
I really want to go back to my home. I miss it!

Party prepping? What are you celebrating, if I may ask?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 17th, '21, 01:48    

Moi

Hugs: 324640
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I'm sorry for barging in, but I've been meaning to post here and I just hadn't done it yet 8u;

I'm happy his surgery went well and he's doing good :3

My dad actually had surgery last year to remove his gallbladder.
My dad's had several surgeries, but it was mostly on his shoulder and other random injuries he's required.
This was the first surgery where he was having something removed, I think.
I was a crying mess because I was so worried.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

[ 1491 posts ]