Nectar  8%  [ 2 ]
:food:  83%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Re: [ Treehouse ]
Posted: Feb 9th, '23, 19:27    

LeannaAnne

Hugs: 4073
Mood: Being busy =w=
I have a lookout from my house on a playing field, and sometimes I see parents just sitting there watching there kid. Then I really hope that they can relax and take energy from that moment. :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 12th, '23, 23:07    

Amura

Hugs: 62207
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Watching kids is sometimes exhausing though XD
I mean you are a bit of taxi driver (taking them from here to there constantly) and then you have to stay hours watching them doing something, while you keep thinking of all the chores that await at home :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Feb 18th, '23, 14:49    

LeannaAnne

Hugs: 4073
Mood: Being busy =w=
Ohhh yes I've been catching lots of "How to manage everything as a parent" vibes a lot. I'm already busy with life without a partner of family... I guess its all about priorities and state of ones life :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 25th, '23, 20:53    

Amura

Yeah, it's all about re-arranging priorities.
Things that once were "normal" suddently become "unique oportunities". Such as going out with friends at night, for example.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 8th, '23, 15:07    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101379
Mood: spiritual
Hello Amura, how goes it? :mchappy:

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Mar 30th, '23, 18:39    

Amura

Heya!!!
I've been away for SO long!
Omg, days and days and weeks have passed without even checking the forum :qoops:

I've been well, actually, just a bit... distracted?
Damn webtoons xD
I've been reading way too much, got super adicted, so much that I have given up any other vices XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 31st, '23, 05:19    

chuunibyou

webtoons really are addictive :mclaugh: i've been reading a bunch of villainess ones. which ones are you reading?

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Apr 11th, '23, 09:34    

Amura

Too many to list? XD
Mostly romance tbh.

Ok, ok, I'll grab my subscriptions and I'll list at least my fave ones :mcgrin:

I loved the The wolf & the red riding hood This one was supernatural comedy, and real good. (Although I wished the author kept going with this story, it was just perfect).
Now I read Act like you love me by the same author, which is romance. It started very funny and now that it got romantic all the way it's still cute.

A good day to be a dog, romance and very cute. Already finished too. But unfortnately I don't like the authors new story.

Our beloved summer, short high school love story. Loved the style.

Let's play, is a quite adult take on sentimental relationships and mental issues. Plus many of the characters are gamers, Really really cool. Waiting for the next season.

My dear cold-blooded king is great. The only flaw is that it has way too many handsome guys :qlov:
And now the same author is publishing Blood reverie, which has exactly the same flaw, hehe. And even more sexy banter, if that was even possible.

Happily ever afterwards is the best story so far to make use of the "I became a book character" ever. Also one great tsundere handsome ml.

Now I'm quite hooked to Love and leashes (a sub looking for a dom, but not in a sexual way, it's rather cute), Devilish romance (title says it all, add that both the demon and the girl are prosecutors), The duke's teddy bear (kinda cringey but still funny too read), Take off (two guys meet in a long flight... very sexy), Diner for adas (sweet and cute, plus all the spanish/japanese references got me), Maybe meant to be (fake marriage stories? This is the most hilarious one ever! super recomendable), Romantic graffit (the handsome roommate who turns into a doodle at 6 PM xD), Wished you were dead and Like wind on a dry branch for dramatic fantasy, The great estate developer (a CRAZY AS F**K engineer revolutioning a fantasy world, while working togethere with the most phlematic sword master, this one is action packed and lots of laughs!!), My gently raised beast (main story finished, but the author keeps feeding us epilogues xD) and just yesterday I fell in love with What you wish for (modern-world fantasy, a cupid wakes up from a drunk night to realized he married a genie).

And some more really. But many of the others maybe not be really that good I think. They entertain me for a while but after some chapters (or if I get disconnected for too long) the plainliness starts bothering. I may pick them up again when I get too bored, but that's just it.
Because many of those stories fall intentionally into tropes. And tropes are fine if the author finds a good use them, but if they end up being a poor excuse for plain characters then it gets quickly boring.
Oh, well, I still give them a try anwyay, I can't help it xD

BUT I'M DEFINETELY LOOKING FORWARD RECOMMENDATIONS! :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 17th, '23, 20:08    

Fire

Hugs: 94694
Mood: Radi radi! Happy Holi!
Hello Amura! It's been ages! How have you been? :mccute:

(0) (0)
╰☆╮
Market |||Selling Forum |||Help me plan my trip to Japan!
x 21x Groundselx
╰☆╮

Posted: Apr 26th, '23, 13:44    

chuunibyou

Amura, I loooove Let's Play! One of my favourite webtoons. It's so mature and balanced and just very well done, character development wise. I'm also personally very fond of the theme of discovering one's own sexuality and sexual confidence.

Happily ever afterwards sounds right up my alley because I adore the isekai trope.

Ooh! Ooh! If you like Love and Leashes, I really hope you check out the movie! It's my favourite BDSM movie and also one of my favourite movies in general! :mcsquee:

Hmmm... as for recommendations:

Cursed Princess Club is really fun, a balance of heavy themes with lovely whimsical humour. It's about cursed princesses coming together to give each other the acceptance that the world doesn't, but there's also a WILD overarching plot weaving through the theme of 'it's easier to love yourself if you surround yourself with people who value you and give you positive reinforcement' (it's really difficult to love yourself without any support).

Beware the Villainess is a really nice entry point into the Villainess genre, a very fun manhwa that's overall more wholesome than others in the genre. And it's complete!

Trash Belongs in the Trash Can! is dark psychological drama. I'm waiting for the second season, which rumours say will be even darker. But emphasis on 'psychological' (so far, the violence is emotional, very little physical violence/gore and that is how it SHOULD BE if it calls itself a psychological drama!)

Also, hi there Fire! :mcglee:

(0) (0)

[ 1491 posts ]