(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Post subject: Re: [ Treehouse ]
Posted: Nov 27th, '22, 11:31    

Amura

Hugs: 62119
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
I'm feeling awfully to be honest.

Previous two weeks were terrible at work (had to work a case of possible bullying, which meant I spent ALL my time policing, had zero family time or leisure time), this week I had to catch up with my work (which was nice in comparison but still exhausting) and now... I feel so under the weather.
Coughing, throat aching, sleeping poorly (and snoring!).

I think all the stress had its toll on my body v_v

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Dec 5th, '22, 18:37    

GoldenAltaira

Hugs: 1675
Mood: Content
Hi all :qh:

(0) (0)
My Babies
ImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Dec 5th, '22, 19:17    

Amura

Hi hi!
How are you?

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 6th, '22, 03:52    

GoldenAltaira

Amura wrote: Dec 5th, '22, 19:17 Hi hi!
How are you?
Hi x3 I"m doing ok, how are you?

(0) (0)
My Babies
ImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Dec 6th, '22, 11:18    

Amura

Terrible XD

I've had a hell of weeks lately.
First I had to check into a case of possible bullying. Nothing plausible happened in the high school, but there were some whatsapp conversations that were less than nice...
Anyway it was an awful thing to investigate, specially because some of the families did not offer any support or cooperation.

It was certainly stressful, and I was not feeling great.
But last week I broke. I seem to have caught a cold, I was not breathing well and my throat was sore (because I slept breathing thru my mouth).
In my line of job, speaking is an important part, so I suppose I forced my throat to its limit.
On Monday, in my last class, I could not speak any more - I got mude. Or maybe I should say I got speechless? XD

Went to the doctor, who said I had to rest my voice, so he gave me a medical leave for 5 days.
I stayed home, did house chores, prepared online activities for my students to do during my absence, and kept me busy without much talking.
Yesterday the doctor asked me whether I felt ready to get back to work, and while I don't feel a-ok yet I said I wanted to (specially because both today and Thrusday are holidays, so it's gonna be a relaxed week).

But at the same time my son was feeling poorly himself.
Started on Sunday, had some fever, and yesterday he was with fevers all the day long too. Medicine lowers it for a few hours but it quickly rises again :mcdead:
Most likely he got the same virus I did, only he does not notice it on the throat and got higher fever instead...
We'll see how he feels today, and whether we need grandparents to stay with him on Wednesday.

Hmm.
I sometimes think I talk too much :mcheh: :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 6th, '22, 15:35    

Jolien

Hugs: 15631
Mood: https://youtu.be/telPDj1VQjQ
The case does sound terrible. :-( And the fever is floating around, first my youngest caught something, now I got it. But it ain't too bad, I only sleep bad...

2 more weeks to go before the winter break, first the skiing, now really, really looking forward to it and nothing afterwards.

First gotta survive the coming 2 weeks, end of year party for our employees, said yes to a wine dinner next week, business guys will come and stay for the night, husband's uncle will vome for 2 days just before we leave for our break. Bit stressing, I kinda prefer simple days, less program. Leaves a little more room for the unexpected... Which will always be there.

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Dec 6th, '22, 15:44    

Amura

Yeah, there are so many viruses floating around lately.
I think they got a bit desperate, being almost ignored since covid arrived, now they want people to notice them again ¬¬

I'm not sleeping well, and often I also sleep alone because my husband can't stand me snoring :mcsweat: and leaves the bed in the middle of the night.
Oh, well, no big deal.
Feeling ready to go back to work tomorrow.

We are gonna ask my in-laws to come in tomorrow and stay home with our son.
They are very helpful people, and we can count on them for this kind of stuff - unless of course there is a good reason.
We are lucky to live close to them.

That does sound stressful. I also like the simple days, it's nicer.

The other day, one of my colleagues came visit. She had a baby recently and she's been very absorved, so I've been trying to get her to a cafe or something, but we never really managed to arrange schedules. In the end I invited her to come home, since I had some papers for her.
MY SON WAS ATONISHED. Someone in our house?
Because that never really happens. We just like our quite simple home for us... we are not people's people.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 6th, '22, 20:29    

GoldenAltaira

Amura wrote: Dec 6th, '22, 11:18 Terrible XD

I've had a hell of weeks lately.
First I had to check into a case of possible bullying. Nothing plausible happened in the high school, but there were some whatsapp conversations that were less than nice...
Anyway it was an awful thing to investigate, specially because some of the families did not offer any support or cooperation.

It was certainly stressful, and I was not feeling great.
But last week I broke. I seem to have caught a cold, I was not breathing well and my throat was sore (because I slept breathing thru my mouth).
In my line of job, speaking is an important part, so I suppose I forced my throat to its limit.
On Monday, in my last class, I could not speak any more - I got mude. Or maybe I should say I got speechless? XD

Went to the doctor, who said I had to rest my voice, so he gave me a medical leave for 5 days.
I stayed home, did house chores, prepared online activities for my students to do during my absence, and kept me busy without much talking.
Yesterday the doctor asked me whether I felt ready to get back to work, and while I don't feel a-ok yet I said I wanted to (specially because both today and Thrusday are holidays, so it's gonna be a relaxed week).

But at the same time my son was feeling poorly himself.
Started on Sunday, had some fever, and yesterday he was with fevers all the day long too. Medicine lowers it for a few hours but it quickly rises again :mcdead:
Most likely he got the same virus I did, only he does not notice it on the throat and got higher fever instead...
We'll see how he feels today, and whether we need grandparents to stay with him on Wednesday.

Hmm.
I sometimes think I talk too much :mcheh: :mclaugh:
x3 your fine, you can never talk to much lol well, unless losing your voice counts XD JK

but dang that sounds like a nightmare of sure. it seems when the parents don't want to help out or anything, it does explain why the kids are so bad. one of my good friends from high school became a school teacher, he teaches 3rd grade. lol.

I hope you feel better soon, you and your son, being sick is the worst especially when you have a long list of things to take care of. (and work)

My bf got me my very first puppy, and he is a handful XD he got me one that is hard to train too, so that's been fun, he is a little australian shepherd named Bandit.

And we had a chicken outside who got hurt somehow (we still don't really know how) but he suddenly became paralyzed. Both legs just stopped working (he is are only rooster too)

so we brought him in the house for about a month to care for him, gave him some TLC and worked his legs.

Now one leg works great but we don't know if his left leg will ever be usable again so we have him in a leg case that lets him walk and be a chicken again lol so now he is back outside with the others (our slikies lol) and lives like a normal chicken again x3 with a leg brace lol

(0) (0)
My Babies
ImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Dec 6th, '22, 23:38    

Amura

Hahaha, yeah, I do talk too much, but sometimes it makes sense and sometimes (specially here) I think I just ramble...

Yeah, it was awful. I felt terrible. So did the principal, who supported me in every step.
But the kind of things these guys said to this one girl, well, they were unbelieveble. At 13 years only, and talking that way (offensive and insulting, making sexual remarks, trying to hurt her saying shit about her family, etc.)
One does not want to believe that young people can behave that way v_v

But the families were denying the obvious. "Oh, my poor son is devastated, he cried all the weekend, you can't also punish him!"
Oh, yeah, your son was crying because he was caught, not because he repents at all. He simply knows exactly how to twist everything. And you are encouraging him to do so by supporting his bad attitude instead of scolding him!
¬¬

*looks up australian shepherd*
Oh, it's a cute breed, I've seen some of those and they look very affectionate.

Maybe it's one of those chicken illness?
There is a word in my language, but I don't know how to translate it, but sometimes chickens get suddenly illl for no apparent reason, and they don't move and they even stop eating.
One of my parents chicken felt like that for several months, they were worried sick about her -even thinking they might have to put her down if she got any worse- but then she just recovered.
I think it's pretty common, but not sure if silkies suffer the same kind of issues.

(0) (0)

[ 1491 posts ]