Nectar  8%  [ 2 ]
:food:  83%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Re: [ Building a new house for Amura ]
Posted: Aug 9th, '21, 15:18    

Jolien

Hugs: 15688
Mood: https://youtu.be/telPDj1VQjQ
No, I'm happy it worked out like this, but I know we're lucky. :)

Haha, all parent's believe their own kid is the prettiest thing on earth, but I was actually surprised when looking back at some photo's like... That's not even a super cute photo. xD

We still live far away, so we sometimes send random shots, but just not as many anymore. The super cute messy eating is over (well, returning at age 10 it seems, but without the cuteness...)

Ah dunno, still have to make quite a lot of photo albums though, think I'll try to get some done during this holiday... Already 4 years behind. Times 3, that's a lot... :mcsweat:

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 9th, '21, 15:42    

Amura

Hugs: 62623
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
I used to think my baby was super cute, with his huge eyes.
Looking back at the photos I realize that his eyes were not huge - it's just the rest of his was too tiny.
He was born with this issue which did not allow him to feed properly, and was below 3kg at 3 months old. He actually was - and looked - starved, but parents eyes are blind and we thought he looked lovely.
But he did not.

We haven't made any photo album yet.
We wanted to make one when he was 3 but got forgotten. Then I decided 6 would be a great time, and I started it - but there are so many photos it takes forever chosing just a few!
I was supposed to finish it this summer. Not sure I can manage...

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Aug 10th, '21, 09:10    

Jolien

Haha, get awaaaay from this place and start.

Lol, not sure if that was meant for myself or for you. :>

Did he grew over it though? I've had a nasty start with bf for 2 out of 3, with the last one I really got anxious when he would do nothing than sleep. We literally poured milk in the baby, wrote down millimeters, it was stressful. So, so glad babytime is over and they can actually say what is wrong. Does not solve all problems, but the crying or the lack of crying, it's stressful. How often I just got up to check if they were still breathing. o.o

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 10th, '21, 09:18    

Amura

For both, I guess?

Nah, not starting today.
Today we are visiting my husband relatives before we head to my parents house. My father is having surgery this week and I want to be there to help.
I'll get to it when I'm back home. Hopefully.

Yeah, it was caused by an issue with his pylorus (the opening between stomach and intestine) which was closed. Which meant no food could actually enter the body.

He had surgery when he was only 3 weeks old :mcdead: Most frightening experience of my life!
Then he started to recover slowly. He gained weight in a few months (he's now skinny but in an athletic way) but took him years to actually get over the trauma.
Nowadays you would not guess he ever had a health issue, most healthy little guy you'll ever meet :mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 10th, '21, 19:53    

Jolien

True, true. I did order photo's for my wall, they'll come tomorrow, so I can again try to get up the frame's I was too lazy to put back when I was measuring... :>

Hope everything will go well with your dad. Great you can go there to help out. :)

Glad they figured out the problem soon enough though, but I can imagine it to be traumatic. O.o Not exactly the cloud everyone's talking about... But nothing wrong with skinny, all kids are built differently. Glad he's doing fine. But he had a trauma? You'd say, that he even remembers anything about it at just 3 weeks old. O:

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 10th, '21, 22:11    

Amura

Already arrived at my parents house.
It's great indeed being able to be here. Not the best way to spend one's holidays though.

Yeah, aparently it's a fairly common issue in male firstborns and shows up pretty early because, well, they get so extremely thin and end up vomiting pieces of fermented butter. I guess the symptoms are hard to miss.

He did not actually remember anything, of course, but he got some strange unusual fears which got explained by his diagnosis.
For example he always hated laying down, he would cry the moment he went horizontal - either sleeping or wide awake. Probably because his tummy hurt a lot. But after surgery the problem remained, and we asume he was scared of how much that position hurt in the past.
We never could use a baby carriage thing. We started using the stroller when he was only 4 months old because he did not cry in the vertical position.

Another issue: he was scared of sleeping.
We don't really understand why but when he was already very sleepy (usually after plenty of being sung in our arms) he suddenly opened his eyes wide open and got very excited, and he made extra efforts to keep awake.

He was a hell of a baby, to be honest.
Now a great kid.

Hey! Are you using mint color with the midnight coat? Looks neat.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 11th, '21, 09:32    

Jolien

It's powder blue, but I think I mentioned it somewhere else already.

Ooh, he's not been easy on you guys then, glad he's better now. :3 But somehow, yeah. It makes sense how some things could still be traumatic, if it did hurt so much before. Not easy when babies do not speak.

Actually, the sleeping does sound familiar, I had one baby like that and he drove me crazy. Not trauma's as far as I know, but I just really, really didn't want to go to sleep and "miss all the fun stuff". Super tired, but just... Not wanting. I blamed that on a strong will and he still has one. :mcheh: Aaand oh hail, he's often the one now who goes to bed first and sleeps first. So, things can change. :)

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 11th, '21, 12:18    

Amura

Yeah, you did mention it in the Collectors Corner thread. Saw it later.
But I check my hangout before anything else :mccute:

Yeah, things were complicated when he was a baby.
I always joke that there are heavenly babies who trick you into having more children, and hell-ish babies who trick you into not having more!

But indeed they do change.
Our kid was a complicated baby, but quite a normal toddler - and even easier than normal in more than one aspect!
Potty training was extremely easy, and when I decided I did not want to breastfeed anymore (which I was told it was tricky when they grow up some understanding) it was extremely easy too.

And now at 6 years old I would say he is an easy kid.
OK, he's got his issues as any kid his age, but you know... I even can waste my time in forums!!! Ain't that awesome? :qwhee:

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 11th, '21, 13:41    

Amura

Whooa.
Decided it's time to start buying TT separates. I checked the market in detail... and spent over half a million food :mcargh:
Quite a shopping spree! :mcsquee:

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 11th, '21, 14:48    

Jolien

Haha, that's quite a lot. I never had more than 30k I think? XD Recently got a bit more, 'cause Merry told me about apples and muffins to level up knuffels. And honestly, those are magic. :D

I sometimes check the MP as well for some cheaper stuff, I like some of the knuffel items, Patty hair is a favourite. :)

All kids are different, but it's neat that he's good on is own and able to have fun by himself as well. I have a nephew who's alone and his mom does complain a bit sometimes that he asks for a lot of time. His dad doesn't live with them anymore either, so it does make sense. I really like the ages the boys are in now, they're still alltogether into the same things, so they can really play well together without one of them not being able to join. They're building a treehouse as we speak.

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

[ 1491 posts ]