Sol Garment  5%  [ 1 ]
Sol Staff  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Let's discuss August's Monthly Treasure: Sol
Posted: Aug 18th, '21, 22:40    

Amura

Hugs: 61480
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Browsing the forums I've seen this used to be done.
And it might be nice having some sort of discussion instead of just playing word games, don't you think?
So let's discuss the current MT set!

What's your favourite item in the set?
(Vote for one, comment for more.)

Have you bought it? Or would you buy it if you had an FC?

Do you think it's unique? Which items in this set are unique?

Would you like to see recolors? Of which items? In which colors?

Feel free to add more discussion subtopics if you wish, these are just conversation starters :qsml:

(1) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Post subject: Re: Let's discuss August's Monthly Treasure: Sol
Posted: Aug 19th, '21, 16:07    

Jolien

Hugs: 15545
Mood: https://youtu.be/telPDj1VQjQ
I actually really like the shape of the wings and top, but for simplicity, I love the golden hair and eyes. Was just looking for golden eyes, but it seems the "sort by color" option does not come up with the eyes with the "gold" tag.

I rarely use tattoos, but they can add a nice touch.

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 19th, '21, 16:29    

Rain Elfglimmer

Hugs: 72975
Mood: Happy
I remember threads like this ages ago, it was always interesting to see others opinions about a MT set.

I bought this set straight away :mcglee: I voted for the border as I've tried it with other background items and it layers well. I also love the background it's gorgeous!

For me, I think the background is unique as it's beautifully drawn and the hair has so much movement.
I would like to see recolours of the hair, staff, background and border in darker moodier colours, like midnight purple and plum or going into the reds and burgundy tones.

This is one of my favourite MT sets to have been released :mchappy:

@Jolien: I think the colour tags are added manually so hopefully they'll show up soon. I use the search by colour option a lot and I know that some items don't have a colour tag so I often forget to use them which is a shame.

(0) (0)
♥ Art by Nankuii ♥

Posted: Aug 19th, '21, 19:10    

Jolien

Rain Elfglimmer wrote: @Jolien: I think the colour tags are added manually so hopefully they'll show up soon. I use the search by colour option a lot and I know that some items don't have a colour tag so I often forget to use them which is a shame.
Exactly this! Wondering who's doing this or if it would be helpful to make a list of "untagged" items with possible suggestions? I know there are some rogue items, but in general. :)

Back to Sol though, I just figured out that the border is super pretty too, but again, it didn't show up at gold before. I luckily had one FC which I was hanging on to for 2 months now, so I jumped onto this one. I just love gold. :)

I think that the hair, border, top and wings would be quite a "complete" miniset on it's own. :) :) I'd like to see a Teal/white and Fuchsia/white version.

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 19th, '21, 19:32    

Amura

Hmm.
Apparently none of the items has been labeled yet. Maybe starkad/Firn do this later, but I wonder why don't they do it before the item is released?

I think it would be great if we could help them to label the older items, but I'm not sure how much of a help we could be. I'm definetely not good enough at seeing the difference between colors (is this Aqua or Blue Iris? Beige or Ecru?).

I also bought the set right away, luckily I had an FC.
I love the background, I think it's quite an unique item!
But unfortunately backgrounds often end up hidden behind my too-cluttered avvies :mcheh:

I personally would love recolors of this set in other bright colors: teal, crimson, bright orange, etc. Or in a completely different way, I would go for midnight purple.
Background or border, garment, hair & staff would make a nice miniset imho.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 19th, '21, 21:11    

Jolien

I usually only notice when I equip another item with it and I'm like... Eeeeh, that seems like the same. :> Kinda. Some are hard to see though and I wonder if maybe part of that can be blamed on different monitors/screens. :)

(0) (0)
Commons! <3

Posted: Aug 19th, '21, 21:14    

Amura

Yes, they do look different on different monitors.
I have recently bought a tablet to replace my old work laptop, and when I tried KofK there everything looks a bit different.

But even so, Aqua is Aqua and when you see it side by side with Blue Iris it's clearly different.
You can make them work together but they won't look identical.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 20th, '21, 13:15    

Neith

Hugs: 52847
Favourite pieces are the background and tattoo. Although I often hide BG with my avatars :/ Same for the tattoos, I rarely manage to use them without the clothes from the same set :mcheh:
Eyes and hair are very beautiful too, unfortunately I've already collected a lot of golden items over the years and already have some favourites xD
I don't really care for the wings though but that's just the kind of item I rarely use...
I'd love to see some sapphire, bright orange, cool gray... some strong colours. Or maybe ginger, topaz ?

(0) (0)
CONTEST IS CLOSED

Posted: Aug 20th, '21, 14:41    

Amura

I think the background of this set is very popular.
Although I confess I have the same problem: I end up hiding them with all the avatar clutter :mcheh:

I'm with you on the strong colors. I proposed different ones, but that's the idea.
I think this set might be a bit dull in toned down or pastel colors, but would work wonderfully in any other intense colors.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 20th, '21, 21:11    

memoriam

Hugs: 216146
Mood: Mood.
I absolutely love every piece of this set, even the tattoo and that's the kind of item I use rarely. Surprisingly I have not yet used the background or wings and those are my fave kind of items :mclaugh:

I'd love to see recolors in Teal/White or Teal/Plum, also Ginger/Topaz sounds lovely! I'd love to see a combination of Tea Rose/Ice Blue or maybe Royal Purple/Bright Turquoise. Or Bright Turqouise/Bubblegum.

On a side note regarding the color tags, there's a thread for reporting them: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=58997
I'm not sure if it's still active though :mcheh: I gave up reporting anything because it seems Firn and starkad are busy with labeling the newer items. Or maybe I just don't see changes in the items I own xD
I personally noticed that new sets get labeled usually at the beginning of the next month. Not always though. I still have no idea what color is the Amaterasu Background and I also mainly sort by color and so I forget I have some items. Unless I just search the name of the item (if I remember... :mcheh: )
The annoying thing about the color tags is that if there's a space left at the end of the color, it won't show up while sorting. And there's many items with those spaces :mcheh: for example March Tree in all colors has that space and it made me forget about them completely, and it's such a cool item...

(0) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

[ 45 posts ]