Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 284 posts ] 
This event is:
Too hard.  28%  [ 15 ]
Too easy.  7%  [ 4 ]
So cool!  65%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 54
 Post subject: Re: Halloween '21 event chat - and preview items!
Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 04:36    

Akili Li

Hugs: 222816
Mood: contemplative
Ugh. I'm actually still at work. But since my boss knows it's completely unfair that we're still working more than 3 hours after ending time, he's letting us run off and take care of things and then come back, and take more breaks.
So, you know... still able to sneak chats in while the fax machine is dealing with a queue or whatever else.

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 05:03    

Moon Star

Hugs: 207080
Mood: Pondering on whether or not I should ponder about pondering...
Oh, ew. I hate doing overtime, and I'm not even paid for it. At least he's trying to be nice, but it's definitely still unfair!

Hope you get to go home soon, if you haven't already. :/

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 05:04    

Akili Li

Nah, he's still with a patient, and once he's done there'll be charts to finish, so we're a ways away still.
Yeah, he asks overtime a bunch but then he's also super flexible in other areas, way past what most bosses would do, so it evens out.

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 05:10    

Moon Star

Well, thank god for that then. Still sucky, but he's trying.

And since you'll still be stuck there a while, I instead hope you can breeze through everything once done. :)

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 05:15    

Akili Li

Thanks! I'll take that well-wishing, since there's some trickier stuff right now. The paperwork gets crazy once an auto accident is involved. >.<

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 05:33    

Moon Star

Oof, Hope everything goes well then! And feel free to start a new topic before I go to bed, as I have no idea what to talk about anymore lol

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 05:54    

Akili Li

Well, we've already drifted off the topic of Halloween and preview items here, so I figure maybe we can sneak the subject round again just here, maybe head back towards Halloween the long way....

Do you do much in terms of actually celebrating Halloween at all? I had a very laid-back year, didn't even watch any scary movies or shows.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 06:01    

Moon Star

I love watching horror movies during Halloween, especially since the movie network plays marathons of them, but I do that year-round, so I don’t think it counts? Aside from that, I hand out treats to trick-or-treaters (and sneak off with a few myself ;D) but not much else. How about you?

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 06:08    

Akili Li

Most years I hold crafting parties about once a week through October (get together to sew costumes with other people, do a jack-o-lantern carving the one before Halloween, create decorations, etc) and love it, but the last two years no because Covid. I didn't even carve my own jack-o-lantern, because it's not the same with just one person.

I did get a few trick-or-treaters, but not too many. I've been doing the same thing for a while now; dress up as a witchy pirate. Use a treasure-chest shaped box to hold the treats. Get some old sheets and tear them up into ~25 cm squares, use laundry pens to draw treasure maps on them. On the "x" for where the treasure is, tape some interesting coins (low-denomination foreign currencies, retired coin types of the lowest denomination, etc). Roll the maps up and tie them with ribbons. Complain to the trick-or-treaters that they are robbing me of my booty!

I'm almost out of the coins though because I haven't been able to travel as much, so I don't have the odd bits of leftover coinage hanging around.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 5th, '21, 06:24    

Moon Star

That's like, absolutely adorable??? I've never done much for Halloween, even when I was younger, because none of my friends wanted to go trick-or-treating with me or we just didn't live in the same neighborhood for it (so I went with my parents lol, and once I was too old for it I just stopped). And I can't sew for sh*t, or carve at all (it always ends up ugly af), and crafts are a nightmare when I do it, but I know that if someone invited me to something like that I'd be there in a flash, just for the experience. :'D

Either way, I really hope that you keep doing what you're doing, once the situation allows for it, because these all sound like they'd made for an amazing experience. :'D

(Especially the costume and handing out treasure part, you're probably the highlight of their night. :mcsquee: )

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

[ 284 posts ]