Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Squid Game
Posted: Oct 18th, '21, 20:05    

blackbriar

Hugs: 57740
Mood: lazy
So, I'm kinda surprised that I haven't seen anyone talking about this craze, but who's seen it? Did you like it or was it too 'horror' or not horror enough for you? Was this the first Korean media you'd consumed? And, of course, the most important question: do you think there will be a season 2?

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Post subject: Re: Squid Game
Posted: Oct 18th, '21, 21:38    

Nixie Fawn

Hugs: 19478
Mood: Content
I was surprised as well that no one here talked about it.
I started watching it at Tuesday evening and finished it by Thursday evening. Needless to say I really enjoyed it!
Spoiler
Though i didn't like how it ended. I really hated his red hair and that he never met his daughter again

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 19th, '21, 00:24    

blackbriar

I thought the ending was a little odd. If they were going to wrap the show up in one season, it should have had a neater bow but everyone seems to think the show will continue. In which case, it's left pacing out those kinds of emotional endings for later on. I think we'll have to see, though.

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Oct 19th, '21, 17:27    

Nixie Fawn

Hugs: 19478
Mood: Content
Yes, I believe there will be a season two for that reason alone. I really liked that he made the discovery of another squid game that way. Very suspensful! Though I kind f wish they would "hold" a squid game in other countries each year. That way the 456 persons wouldn't be as noticeably when they disappear.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '21, 00:50    

blackbriar

I think the show did hint that they do this in other countries and they do get players from all over the country, mostly targeting the people society misses. But seems more like the games are run independently all over the world rather than one set-up moving around.

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Jan 27th, '22, 07:47    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 43275
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
Spoiler
It's funny that you mention his red hair at the end, I actually loved that LOL. It was one of my favourite moments. Another being when I-forgot-her-name got her revenge on the glass bridge. I wish they had done more with the police officer though, his storyline had a really weird ending.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 12th, '22, 07:05    

Nankuii

Hugs: 282402
Mood: que sera sera
it's been some time since i finished it but...
Spoiler
i didn't mind his red hair, but i hated the ending when he left the daughter... again
it's definitely not the first korean media i've seen... because i'm korean xD but it was different. i actually hope there's no season 2. maybe a spin off for the police officer.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 7th, '22, 06:29    

wolfcat87

Hugs: 10662
Mood: Interested
My whole family really enjoyed the show. It wasn't too much of anything. Whether or not they choose to continue on with a season 2, they left season 1 in a way that I think people can live with either way.

Funny story, TJMaxx is selling an imported lotion that is the scent of the sugar cookies from the show. I bought it, hahaha.

(0) (0)

[ 8 posts ]