Post subject: Alright I have a few questions
Posted: Jun 11th, '22, 17:52    

Rayua

Hugs: 143
Questions galore?

Is this site active or semi active?
How's the roleplay forum?
how is the art or chat forums?
How's the charity game section? (kind of like giveaways i want to do in the future after hoarding items)
And how does the currency work and what is it?

Please and thank you. And hello :)

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Alright I have a few questions
Posted: Jun 12th, '22, 06:02    

Rehgai

Hugs: 19276
Hello and welcome!

I would count it as semi-active to active. There are a bunch of highly dedicated players, as well as newbis and returning older players constantly joining.
If you know what GaiaOnline, this website was created a few years after that. Think it is in it's 12 years now. Don't quote me on that. It has teetered off, but the Admin and Creators all still work hard to produce monthly content and new items, so I won't really count is as Semi-Active. The Summer event should be soon!

I haven't joined the RP forums, but they do actively post. I'm sure you can find a player or two to join you.

I myself run a shops thread, as well as a hangout thread. I don't post nearly as often as others. Fun fact, there is a monthly contest for most posts in non-spam forums. think the top 5 range from 300 posts to 100 posts in a month. So 5 to 10 new posts generated a day from those top posters.

From what I understand, Charity is live and popping. I'm actually surprised the normal welcoming bandwagon with their links to cool info or active charities haven't posted here. You'll meet them soon. Nice people. I'm a dragon, I hoard and sleep on my pile. Still, if you ever see an item you really like, I may listen. I promise to not breathe fire on you at least.

There are multiple forms of currency- Food Points (FP) :food: is the most common currency. You get those through Knuffels, posting, and usually what you use to buy items from the shops.
The second common currency is Fairy Coins (FC) :fc: They are your microtransaction, and are a donation. If you use $ it is roughly 2.50 per coin, and you get monthly items if you donate enough ( 5 :fc: , 10 :fc: , 15 :fc: and 20 :fc: ) but you can usually buy them in market or in the buy sell trade forums. I try to offer a set price, if you ever have the FP for trade. Or post in the thread, I give one out monthly, randomly drawn from anyone who posted in my shop.

Third is Troth Tokens (This one is NOT commonly abbreviated as TT as a shop, Treasure Trove, sells rare items for :fc: so most users advertise trading Treasure Trove items as TT items) :ttok: You get these daily, for free, just by logging in. The more you regularly log in, the number you get daily jumps up to like 10 I think is the max. Below the :ttok: is a hyperlink better explaining it, but you can buy monthly itemsto hoard away for a later date that change regularly, and only way to get them is through Marketplace or trading Tokens. I don't know the current conversion rate.

The last is the rarest of the currency, the Frosted Donut. You can find in the Hangout Forums open discussion, but once a month for 2 days, a NPC rolls through with rare items HOARD that you can trade donuts for. The background of the game will change during this time, and the banner on the right will have a new selection. Posts will give you 1 to like.. 3? donuts during those 2 days, and leading up to it, you may find a random donut.

I myself left this website for a number of years, I just returned. I am a goofball, so don't mind me too much, but happy to answer any questions.

I hope you have fun here.

(0) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Posted: Jun 12th, '22, 18:08    

Rayua

First, of wow, you answered all my questions and hello to you. I didn't think anyone was going to come. I knew I had to wait a day or two to get a response but I wasn't sure if I was going to get one. Anyways I may not have anyone I can drag over here but I'm sure I can get some activity going to boost things up. Gaia is okay but it's slowly dying as well. And the inflation a few years back was just ridiculous. Not that it's changed much >...>

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 12th, '22, 20:36    

Rehgai_Forgotten

Hugs: 176
Sorry- this account is locked on my mobile, so you also get my alt!

Like I said, normally there is this welcome crew of like 2 or 3 people, they may be on vacation this week. But the variety of forums mean you can for sure find an interest, and contests are very common.

A lot of the draw is nostalgic based or avid art lovers. The variety of items is wide, and usually there are 2 types of TT sets introduced monthly, plus at least 4 items for donation incentives.

A lot of older players tend to return during the events- Spring, Summer, Doughnight (their version of Winter Holidays) and Halloween. They tend to have smaller events, but those are big ones and give you free items.

A good way to make FP is buying a Knuffel. They dig for items, including FP, and I think you can pick up a trial one to start earning FP. They also give you items that you can trade or sell for wearable items, and on the rare occasion, you can dig up wearable items.

I will try to check the forums, but if you have more questions, post them here or PM me. On my main account- Rehgai.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 13th, '22, 00:42    

Rayua

One more question is there an item list to look at that shows the items on the site?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 13th, '22, 05:20    

Rehgai

Hugs: 19276
Honestly, not a great list. Back in the Hayday, an amazing user had a fan website that listed every item by release date, and colors and what not.

The best thing is under Avatar is Dream Avatar Creator.

During events, they tend to do the scatter the items you collect in the forums (or you can refresh to hunt). I went through all the announcements since I left to see all the released Treasure Trove sets over the past few years.

(0) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Posted: Jun 14th, '22, 18:34    

Amura

Hugs: 61824
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Hello, welcome aboard!

I would say that from an administration point of view this site is completely active, it keeps getting new items with the same (or more!) frequency as it ever has.
But the member base is less active than it used to be and the forums are slower.
Still some of us don't mind much that the posting is slow as it gives us time to come back and re-join conversations without missing much. Life is hectic sometimes!

I wrote a guide for new members, cause there is so much currency stuff to learn about.
Check it out if you want:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=63574

Also, yes, it was nice having a list of items, maybe we should try to work out something to arrange them in a way that allows users to browse...

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

[ 7 posts ]