No, and I have no interest in riding trains.  0%  [ 0 ]
No, but planning to.  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Re: Riding on Trains!
Posted: Jun 15th, '22, 01:08    

Boris_Boris

Hugs: 5298
Mood: Tired
That's all really exciting! As an update, I rode on a train. It wasn't a steam engine... and we only went back and forth, but I wanna do it again! It was really cool! There is one train in Australia, I forgot the name of it, but I think it was mentioned in this thread before. Oriental? It's a four day ride, and the more expensive cars you ride in is supposed to be worth the price. I honestly want to go, but it's suggested to start small before going on long train rides. Something about killing future train rides if you're new to riding trains and take a long train ride or something. Certainly something to follow so you don't get yourself bored and decide to never go on another train again.

(0) (0)
Gorgon Goddess Solar Gorgonphox

Posted: Jun 15th, '22, 11:42    

Amura

Hugs: 61583
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Sleeping in a train is exciting but not exactly comfortable, so I suppose it makes sense not doing it in your first trip.
Last train trip I did with my family we made sure to choose a daytime schedule so my son would sleep in a proper bed. Not sure when we'll be bold enough to risk him being too excited to sleep :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Jun 16th, '22, 03:41    

Boris_Boris

What kind of discomfort did you get from sleeping on a train? Did you get back pain?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 16th, '22, 05:03    

Natsuyuki

Hugs: 30799
Mood: ~(=w=)~
Oooo when I still lived in China over a decade ago I rode on trains all the time to go between cities!

The train system in east asian countries are fairly advanced, so it's less like a traditional steam train and more of a hyper-speed magnetic-something-powered bullet train.

I remember the more modern trains being quite spacious and nice. *__*

When I was much younger and the trains were slower, we'd take overnight train trips too. I think there were these three-tier bunks! Tiny me loved it, but thinking back my parents likely suffered from stiff backs /D;;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 16th, '22, 07:04    

Amura

The ones I tried (and in all honesty it was a lot of years ago) they were two-tier or three-tier bunks too.
They are not proper bed-like bunks, they are just something that resembles a bed attached to a wall. They are not particulary comfortable.
And the whole "room" is quite small, you can't climb up and down easily.

I suppose they might have improved over the years, or that you can get fancier (and more expensive) ones, but as I remember them it was a cool adventure and not a great-sleep-quality situation.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 18th, '22, 22:08    

Boris_Boris

Natsuyuki wrote:Oooo when I still lived in China over a decade ago I rode on trains all the time to go between cities!

The train system in east asian countries are fairly advanced, so it's less like a traditional steam train and more of a hyper-speed magnetic-something-powered bullet train.

I remember the more modern trains being quite spacious and nice. *__*

When I was much younger and the trains were slower, we'd take overnight train trips too. I think there were these three-tier bunks! Tiny me loved it, but thinking back my parents likely suffered from stiff backs /D;;;
D'awww, I find that last part cute. You enjoying the beds while your parents suffered stiff backs. I wouldn't be surprised the east trains would be better in the east than here, but still, I'd wanna ride on steam trains. Maybe I could pretend to read the paper!
Amura wrote:The ones I tried (and in all honesty it was a lot of years ago) they were two-tier or three-tier bunks too.
They are not proper bed-like bunks, they are just something that resembles a bed attached to a wall. They are not particulary comfortable.
And the whole "room" is quite small, you can't climb up and down easily.

I suppose they might have improved over the years, or that you can get fancier (and more expensive) ones, but as I remember them it was a cool adventure and not a great-sleep-quality situation.
The video I watched about the train in Australia, the more pricier rooms are better if you can afford them. I've never been on a long train ride, but I want to.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 19th, '22, 15:32    

Amura

I think there are lots of fancier trains now, that try to recreate the feeling of the luxurious classic trains - which only a few could afford.
I feel they are more like cruises than a transport, it's more about the experience than reaching a destination.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 19th, '22, 20:26    

Boris_Boris

If that's the case, I'd love to go riding on a train even more! What fun it could be, watching the scenery go by as we make our way over bends and hills!

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 19th, '22, 21:17    

Amura

They must be gorgeous.
I even checked some in my country, which look very nice, but the price is just too high. We are talking thousands of euros for a week trip...

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 20th, '22, 00:06    

Boris_Boris

That's super expensive! I even checked to see how much the euro would convert to... and it's super expensive!

(0) (0)

[ 36 posts ]