Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 10 posts ] 
Ranty Ranty Rant
Rant Rant?  18%  [ 5 ]
RANT!  32%  [ 9 ]
Food Points.  50%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Just Ranting (But if you want to respond, please do)
Posted: Mar 23rd, '22, 03:41    

Rehgai

Hugs: 19799
So in about 7 days, My husband and I are returning to our hometown for 3 weeks for work. It's been 7 years since we worked here. We have changed a lot, and I'm nervous about what this means.

Before we left, we were engaged and many people loved my Husband. While away, we grew a lot as people, and my husband quit drinking for 3 years. He also has had 3 promotions. He has been transferred to stores before, but this is the first time in 2 years, and the only time I, who works for the same restaurant, but as a server so not as needed, was invited.

I'm 100% sure they are going to offer the store to my husband as a general manager. With our company, you sign a 5 year contract, and pay 25k for a store, but you also get 10% of the income, so it's a really nice agreement. He plans on entering GM position, but we were hoping for 2 years from now in the current town we live in.

The issues are- We bought a house, so moving would involve buying and selling a house. I'm also nervous about having to return to my hometown after being able to grow for the past few years. I know that the move would be beneficial, financially, but we are in really good financial standings where we are currently, and have a great group of people here with our interests (IE, DnD every Monday, and Thursday, plus dinner once a week with the group). I'm sure we will find a group again, or create a new group like we did here, but I don't know....

Thank you for letting me rant.

(0) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Post subject: Re: Just Ranting (But if you want to respond, please do)
Posted: Mar 27th, '22, 20:18    

Rehgai

Since rejoining, I have found two things. Kinda cool..

Now, we aren't sure if we are going to Daytona. We already have the hotel, but our home store is suffering, and my SO is a prideful person, and would feel awful leaving their own store just to save another store, and have the original begin to falter.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 15th, '22, 05:46    

Rehgai

Oh god, the offer came in today. Unofficial, but in 5 weeks. a new Contract for my home store will be on the table, and the District Manager is probably going to offer it to my husband.

The big push- What he wants may never happen, taking over the store where we moved. This is a current offer, and yes. we will have to move, but it's closer to family and he knows the people here. We know the people here.

I don't know where I stand. I won't be upset if he takes the offer- His own store for 5 years, a town we grew up in, my family so when we have kids, we have baby sitters.

But if he doesn't, we are happy where we are at and don't mind waiting until the store is available to him. Even if it never happens, we have disposable income and not living paycheck to paycheck. I'm happy where we are at!

I can be happy in our home town again, though. I don't want him to think if he takes it, I would be upset. It just means moving again..

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 12th, '23, 15:36    

Rehgai

For those curious, we decided not to accept the offer, and stayed at our new store. We are currently working on taking over the contract for this store as it ends in a few months, and we have everything lined up to take over.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '23, 06:29    

Rehgai

THE FIRST DOMINO IS WOBBLING RIGHT NOW OH DEAR GOD ITS TIME ITS TIME!!

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 1st, '23, 06:33    

Rehgai

And now we have a push back on the date.

I hate waiting.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 23rd, '23, 11:31    

Rehgai

Like, supposedly, the district Manager didn't get the position. It really sucks, but also give my love some breathing room. We are happy where we are, and won't stop developing. But I feel like he is more relaxed...

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 1st, '23, 11:22    

Outline

Hugs: 6069
Mood: Illustrating
Rehgai wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 11:31 Like, supposedly, the district Manager didn't get the position. It really sucks, but also give my love some breathing room. We are happy where we are, and won't stop developing. But I feel like he is more relaxed...
I hope that you're also relaxing like you need to as well. I have Bipolar 2 w/psychosis (yes I do love my meds lol.) and I have to slow down during the hollidays so that my seasonal spice doesn't overwhelm me. Reading through your posts I just wanted to say that I see you, and you're valid and that I have platonic love for you. :)

(0) (0)
~A woman can dream~

Posted: Dec 3rd, '23, 07:27    

Rehgai

Aww, thank you so much. Honestly want wanted to get it all out anon, as all our friends work with us. I know no unnecessary rumors would start by posting here.

Also, update- Monday we had to close the store because it caught on fire. It is also our day off normally. No one got hurt but sadly the manager of duty panicked and couldn't control the fire. Minimal damage, and we opened the next day, but made my boo have a really bad day off.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '23, 21:43    

Outline

Hugs: 6069
Mood: Illustrating
Rehgai wrote: Dec 3rd, '23, 07:27 Aww, thank you so much. Honestly want wanted to get it all out anon, as all our friends work with us. I know no unnecessary rumors would start by posting here.

Also, update- Monday we had to close the store because it caught on fire. It is also our day off normally. No one got hurt but sadly the manager of duty panicked and couldn't control the fire. Minimal damage, and we opened the next day, but made my boo have a really bad day off.
That does sound like it was difficult to go through. There's been some really intense wild fires here. The idea that were having wild fires actually doesn't make sense to me at all because I live in Louisiana and the parish under me was on fire. That parish is literally at the gulf coast.

(0) (0)
~A woman can dream~

[ 10 posts ]