What are you most excited for?
Donuts for Posting!  10%  [ 8 ]
Fairy Coins for Sale!  18%  [ 14 ]
Fairy Coin prize for a Free Contest!  16%  [ 13 ]
Rare Sets for Sale!  16%  [ 13 ]
New Thread to Post in!  10%  [ 8 ]
Food Points from this Poll!  30%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject: Re: THE TIME CAPSULE (Almost July, New FC List 95k)
Posted: Oct 7th, '23, 06:38    

Rehgai

Hugs: 19343
Oh it is hard, but also exciting. Been building for this for 10 years!!

(0) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Post subject: Re: THE TIME CAPSULE (I Missed You Guys! )
Posted: Oct 7th, '23, 15:09    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101404
Mood: spiritual
that's wonderful that you're closer and closer to the goal you've been moving towards! i'm hoping it all works out perfectly for you. :qh:

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Oct 8th, '23, 06:50    

Rehgai

How about you? How goes it?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 8th, '23, 10:56    

chuunibyou

i have part-time work, and i'm searching at the same time for one more job (part-time or full-time). but i've been searching for a long time now so, i don't know. there's still things i applied to that i'm waiting to hear back from.

in the meantime i'm checking out a venue tomorrow where i'm planning to host a tarot course, and i'm also training to be a poledancing instructor (which will take a year or two). so i do have backup plan upon backup plan. but it would be nice to have stability NOW. :mcheh:

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Oct 10th, '23, 00:14    

Rehgai

That's actually really cool! I'm a big nerd, and play Dungeons and Dragons. For a tarot card reader, I created a dice rolling system. If you like DnD, and own some dice, I can send you a copy of the sheet- maybe adapt it to your personality/character.

My Dungeon Master has banned it from the table because not only was it predicting things he had planned and I kept resorting to trusting the dice, it also was just too much fun doing readings for other characters. :mcheh:

I grew up near a place called Cassadaga, Florida. If you live/want an excuse to visit Florida, it is the southern version of Salem.

Maybe see if a local Spirit or costume shop is hiring? It is 100% seasonal, but could give you a financial boost? Or market yourself, see if anyone wants to hire a real life tarot reader for their Halloween event? Start at a low pay of like 10/15 an hour or per reading, or ask for tips? Just some ideas.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 10th, '23, 15:09    

chuunibyou

so i live in india, which is why witchy stuff isn't really a trend here, seasonal or otherwise. the new age shops like spirit shops are more of a thing in western countries. i would love to work at a new age shop, among all the decks and books and crystals for sale, and offer live readings at the counter, but shops like that just don't exist here unfortunately. :mcsad: and as for fortunetelling, a lot of people will go to a vedic astrologer here instead of a tarot reader. i'm not sure yet what to do to get clients. maybe try and have more of an online presence, even if that's not something i like doing at all.

i talked to the venue person and the rental is a little high, considering i'm trying to host multiple times a week there and not just a one-off workshop. i'll have to think some more about what to do.

i would love a copy of the sheet! i don't have/haven't tried DnD but have always wanted to. and i think it's hilarious that it was predicting what the DM planned :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 11th, '23, 08:50    

Rehgai

Well hello from the states! If you would like a good author, Scott Cunningham is a fantastic author. Lots of research and facts, with historical connections. And who knows? Maybe you will be the one to start changing the belief system, so the next generation can open their shops! But there is a decent Tarot group on Reddit if you want to create a new account so it doesn't effect your main account?

That sucks it is so expensive, I hope you can find another venue. Or maybe go to local parks? If you have them in your area, consider attending Anime Conventions. Odd folks like myself often attend those, and some may like a reading. And at least in the states, the cons have spaces where you don't actually need a badge so people hang out there.

This is my current working sheet, and feel free to adjust/edit as you see fit/to make it fit your culture better! In DnD there is 7 dice, but one is repeated, so I dropped one and focused on only 6. Normally the short hand when talking about Dice is stating the letter D followed by the number of faces on the die. Like a common dice we all see in games with six would be referred to as a D6.
and here

I am gonna google it later, but what are vedic astrologers?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 14th, '23, 10:25    

chuunibyou

Thanks! Scott Cunningham writes in the Wiccan tradition, right?

I'm thinking of doing tarot on Instagram and YouTube once I get my new phone (hopefully it will have a better camera and recording ability than my current one).

We don't have conventions in my city, but there might be fests and things where I might have a chance.

In the meanwhile I put out a message about what I'm offering on the gated community group, and I got one student; we're scheduled to start the mentorship at the end of the month. So that's a start :mcgrin:

Oooh, I like how you've laid it out! I met a few people who are into board games and I'm going to ask them if maybe they're also into DnD or want to try.

Basically Vedic astrologers follow the Hindu system of astrology, Jyotisha. It's a different system of astrology and knowledge than Western astrology, although they have some similarities.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 08:03    

Rehgai

Scott does indeed write in the Wiccan text, but having a literal library in my house, and having many books on unique topics, I not only enjoy his writing style, as it is educational, but I often offer his books before others curious about the topic.

Just for the record, there are a lot of different types of tarot, as well as reading designs. There was a cool set I had recently, designed around Reiki. Unlike most, this one used almost all the cards in the deck, and the reading was dependent on where certain cards were. So if you can, take your time selecting decks, and listen to the winds or the world, or whatever you term it. I bought the deck on a super random whim. Didn't know why but again, I listen to the world. Ended up giving it to a co-worker- she has been getting reiki treatments, and really liked them. Was telling me she wanted to get into Tarot, and figured that deck was meant for her.

One good thing about the States, we have a bunch of weird interests and because of the sheer population, you can find someone with similar interests. We killed millions and raped lands and have super inflated egos for no reason, mind you, and have no real good history if we are honest, or legacy within these lands, but we are also weird and proud too.

Thats really awesome about the mentorship!! I hope it goes well!!!

DnD is really fun. You get to work out things in a different form, and often learn more about yourself. And I'm glad you enjoy the layout. I loved designing it. You, again, have full permission to adjust anything if you so choose to use it. Maybe a better term for Crone.

Oh wow that looks so cool! I'm actually reading up on it a bit. I find different country's beliefs and practices so fascinating. My favorite part is trying to figure out the connections/what links the world stories.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 14:50    

chuunibyou

Yeah, I have decks in the Rider-Waite-Smith as well as other systems. I also have oracle decks. I'll never get the Thoth tarot or work with it, but I have decks that draw from the Thoth system. My favourite of those is called the Parrott Tarot.

I love energy work, so I'll learn Reiki at some point.

I don't mind the term Crone because the witchy community has reclaimed it at this point. In fact, I'm buying myself a new deck for my birthday, and in it, the Kings are renamed to Crones and have a corresponding change in energy and interpretation, more towards wisdom than dominion.

(0) (0)

[ 260 posts ]