Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: The constant fear of lonliness
Posted: Jun 4th, '22, 02:19    

Natsuyuki

Hugs: 31390
Mood: ~(=w=)~
Yeah same here! I find therapy super helpful because it's an impartial 3rd party looking at your life and identifying things you struggle to see. Through therapy I've learned to view myself more positively and become more confident. I found that this had helped me form much much stronger and more fulfilling relationships! Long live therapy XD

But yeah, I feel you in that cuddle aspect. Especially late at night after reading some romance novel/manhwa I get so wistful of the relationships depicted. Unfortunately irl romance is so much more difficult >_< I always have to tell myself to keep my expectations realistic LOL

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 4th, '22, 03:49    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 103194
Mood: spiritual
Natsuyuki wrote:

But yeah, I feel you in that cuddle aspect. Especially late at night after reading some romance novel/manhwa I get so wistful of the relationships depicted. Unfortunately irl romance is so much more difficult >_< I always have to tell myself to keep my expectations realistic LOL
This is me every time I watch a kdrama lol. Some of them depict such warm fuzzy romance that I want something equally tender. I’m bitter that I haven’t experienced anything like that until now. I just long for it sometimes.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Jun 4th, '22, 11:43    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 39311
Mood: Obsessed
Oh absolutely; I have such a romantic side to me too, but the real world isn't like that at all haha.

The only time I found a person I was drawn to romantically was sadly already in a relationship too, so that was a no-go. It's so tough to find someone...

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Jun 4th, '22, 11:51    

Natsuyuki

I think that the world has generally gotten a lot harder to live in, so realism has to get prioritized over romance more often than not D:
It's easier to escape to stories and fiction where problems are always resolved, characters are always worth rooting for, and you can count on happy endings. Irl these are hard to get >_<

Sorry, I'm rather cynical about romance lol :mcheh:
For me I feel safer cuddling my platonic bestie than with a romantic partner. But that's just me /D;;

(1) (0)

Posted: Jun 4th, '22, 15:22    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 39311
Mood: Obsessed
I agree; it's easy to root for characters than it is to apply that to real life lol - especially when you know it'll work out in the end.

I understand, I don't really have a bestie I can hug freely sadly, plus I'm getting older and it's hard to find someone willing to spend time with me alone LOL

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Jun 4th, '22, 17:13    

Natsuyuki

And characters are people you know completely (most times, plot twists notwithstanding XD), but irl you never know what someone is really all about, what they're thinking, what their intentions are ... And when you find out it's too late you've already been hurt ):

Like, one of my exes from uni was super sweet and nice for months. And I really believed that he prioritized me and even was thinking about a future with me... Until I found out he was going out with multiple different people and didn't really care at all D:

And these stories repeated themselves in different ways, both to myself and to those around me. Everywhere you look are scary stories. So now I don't put any hopes on romance, I find it dangerous OTL

I do feel you in that feeling more stressed about it all as you get older aspect though >_< I used to not care about this at all, but slowly now I'm wondering "if I don't find someone now, won't it get even harder if I end up feeling lonely but is old and wrinkly?" And then the anxiousness wells up. So it's a really frustrating flip flop of "I don't want this" and "but I might need this??" I don't know if that makes sense OTL

You know what we need? Those humanoid robots from Chobits that are programmable to fit your needs perfectly. No danger no stress all the cuddles perfection.

(1) (0)

[ 16 posts ]