Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1377 posts ] 
Everyone is welcome~ Here are some topics to jump in with!
What's the weather like where you are?  17%  [ 6 ]
Plans for the summer?  8%  [ 3 ]
How do you feel about the new update's items?  17%  [ 6 ]
FOOD  58%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: ☾ •̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Take My Boredom。・:*˚:✧。 [Weekly FC Giveaway
Posted: May 7th, '22, 15:30    

Natsuyuki

Hugs: 31129
Mood: ~(=w=)~
You have to bribe these cats with treats to get them to come to you and play QAQ but they're all so soft ahhhh (worth the allergies!!)

This tiny boi who was playing on my lap kept chewing on my toe it was adorable QAQ

and then we witnessed this dramatic flirting (?) Between two cats that ended in live humping (see pic 6) ROFL

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
New Wild Knuffel Released!
Lanmei is out and ready to be adopted now!!
(Yes I'm spamming this news in all my threads. New WK never fails to make me bounce around in giddiness >u<)
If you need funds to adopt her, just let me know~
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

(0) (0)

Posted: May 8th, '22, 08:31    

Amura

Hugs: 63137
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
They are beautiful. :mclove:
But, yeah, of course, all cats respond very well to bribery, even the ones who love you already.
When I had cats I used to shake a box of food to call them - they would run to you, wherever they were, upon the promise of food :mcgrin:

And you do well, advertising you knuffel.
Some of us hardly ever go there buy one, so we might miss it!

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: May 8th, '22, 08:42    

Natsuyuki

Yesssss and those at the cafe have become picky! I lost a bribery battle with another patron because they used a better snack, apparently QAQ

I am definitely settling in for a longer and longer haul... Discovering these lovely new colours did me in fully... How is it possible that Firn just keeps on making better and better colours?? And they combine so beautifully?? What is this sorcery???

On that topic, what's everyone's favourite color/s and combinations?
Right now I'm loving lemon and its possibilities, as well as the new pinks and blues and greens...

(0) (0)

Posted: May 8th, '22, 12:41    

Amura

There are just too many colors I love.
Soft Blue, or Denim.
Sky Blue, or Mint.
All the purple-ish colors: Lavender, Lilac, Bright Berry, Violet, Amethyst, Plum...

I just don't love using the "default" color combos alone.
They work very well together (Firn is much better than me at colors xD) but I do like a challenge. So, yeah, if I want to use an item that has Emerald Green + Cream I'm gonna try to throw in another color which is not usually paired with them.
Because I enjoy a challenge over all.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 8th, '22, 20:26    

Natsuyuki

Yessss that is a fun challenge to do!! The hard part is that so many items are multi-coloured, that it takes some maneuvering to find a fitting pure coloured item. I personally like to use contrasting colours in the hair and eyes because they're the easiest to pair creatively :mclove:

But I've noticed that the "official" colour combinations have expanded with the new colours too! Ecru is especially a versatile one that gets paired almost with anything and works~!

(0) (0)

Posted: May 8th, '22, 21:00    

Amura

Ecru is some sort of neutral color imho.
Of course Black and Gray White are the main neutral colors, but you can match pretty much any color to Ecru or Beige or Cream White, also to Silver, Gray or Cool Gray. Other colors that one would not define as neutral but do work here as if they were are Mocha and Midnight Blue, you really can add them to any avatar and make it work.

I usually start with a base color combo, which may be suggested by an item, and then I add something different for a contrast.
For example for my current avatar I wanted to use the Obi in Gold, so I chose a Kimono in colors that contrasted (Black, Gray White, Magenta). But I ended up adding Mocha (skin & bg) because it's quite neutral.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 8th, '22, 21:24    

Natsuyuki

I agree! Personally ecru is my favorite because it's pink undertones really brightens and warms any look, which I adore :mclove:

I'm a sucker for gray white too. Before I purged mg inventory I used to be able to make like pure white avatars where everything is white white white LOL

(0) (0)

Posted: May 9th, '22, 07:53    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 102090
Mood: spiritual
avatars in a single colour never fail to impress me.

i think i like all the pastel colours. and gray white is great as a second colour in any avi, as well as the main/only one.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: May 9th, '22, 09:04    

Nankuii

Hugs: 283683
Mood: que sera sera
Natsuyuki wrote:
Nankuii wrote:ooh... for some reason i was thinking that you were making the molds lol
oh my gosh that second one is very cute, i love nude/soft colors!!

how easily do they come off? because i'm imagining something 3D on the nails and if it gets stuck on, say, clothes, it might easily come off?
If you stick it on really well with builder gel and wrap the edges, they don't come off AT ALL. Both times I've done those nails I ended up having to use clippers and some aggressive filing to get them off XD
i had to quote because i haven't replied in so long xD

that's actually awesome to hear that they don't come off easily! i love gel nails, albeit they're annoying to take off...

i agree with mynah, it seems like you need skills to make a great avatar in just one color!

(0) (0)

Posted: May 9th, '22, 18:48    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 102090
Mood: spiritual
sometimes i see single colour avis in the monthly contest and i'm like WOW

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

[ 1377 posts ]