Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1377 posts ] 
Everyone is welcome~ Here are some topics to jump in with!
What's the weather like where you are?  17%  [ 6 ]
Plans for the summer?  8%  [ 3 ]
How do you feel about the new update's items?  17%  [ 6 ]
FOOD  58%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: ☾ •̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Take My Boredom。・:*˚:✧。
Posted: Nov 9th, '22, 04:43    

Hotarla

Hugs: 90049
oh is that so. i had no idea. 8u

i've never heard of that one before. then again, i don't know much about medical stuff. i'm sorry that you're always in so much pain. QnQ

lol i'm sure they are. xD i don't get to eat that kind of food in an asian household. xD;;

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Nov 9th, '22, 20:00    

light_sucks

Hugs: 157032
Mood: vaguely alive
I don't know if it's anything like that in other countries but that's how it is here in the hellscape known as the USA. lol.

A lot of people don't know anything about it. Unfortunately that includes a lot of doctors. Also unfortunately one of the big things that they look for in diagnosing it, very stretchy skin, is like the only symptom of it I don't have. lol.

They're very easy to make. Do you have a crockpot? I'm sure you could just cook the chicken in the oven, but I find the crockpot a lot easier.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 9th, '22, 23:31    

Hotarla

I see. 8u

And lol, that was the first thing i noted, i was like “wow stretchy skinnn???” XD;;

I…don’t think i have a crockpot lol. Besides, my parents are too asian to eat too much western style food. XD;; and my tastes are more asian than western, although i don’t mind the occasional burger and pizza.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 10th, '22, 05:22    

light_sucks

Yes. You ever see the pictures of people pulling their neck skin up over their mouth? They have EDS. lol.

I can't imagine only eating one type of cuisine. Like I would be so sad if I couldn't have different kinds regularly. As much as I love 'American' food, I would be very upset if I couldn't have Asian or Italian or occasionally Mexican.

Do they at least eat different kinds of Asian foods? Like different cultures?

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 10th, '22, 17:13    

Hotarla

That’s….cool and creepy at the same time. XD;;

Well sometimes my mom would marinate something and it’ll be western than asian. XD;; apart from using different preparation processes, its all just food to me.

Well yeah. I mean japanese and korean and vietnamese, those are all asian cultures right? XD;; or even just in china alone, there’s like…szuchuean or whatever that type of cuisine is called, where all their food is super spicy. XD;;
Still we eat pretty blandly. XD;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 10th, '22, 22:47    

light_sucks

Many things about EDS people is creepy. lol.

Interesting. Do you not cook at all?

I think it's mostly the many different flavors. Different cultures, different flavors of food. Food is one of the only things I can enjoy without too many problems. I mean, I still have problems with food sometimes, but overall it's pleasurable and not painful unlike almost everything else.

Yes, those are all Asian. But Asian food tastes so different compared to American or Italian or which ever.

I know lots of cultures really like plain rice but boy I can only stomach a small amount of it. I need flavoring.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 11th, '22, 03:04    

Hotarla

i've cooked before. but since i'm at work, i don't have to cook when i get home since my mom is there. xD;;

yeah. like whether to use salt or soy sauce, or some other condiment or herb or something.

well yeah i suppose. i know italian food has so much olive oil........and cheese. xD and pasta. xD

i eat plain rice. like every day lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 11th, '22, 08:12    

light_sucks

Is your mom a stay at home mom/wife? I guess since you're an adult she wouldn't really be a stay at home mom technically? I don't know.

Italian food does often have a lot of cheese and pasta. I think the oil really depends on what you're making. There's this type of bread called foccocia (spelling?) that is SUPER oily. I don't like it at all.

One of my favorite meals is nice sliced up baguettes, tomatoes, and mozzarella with basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. So good.

Do you like cheese? I like lots of different kinds. I hate brie. Everyone likes brie but I think it's gross.

Yeah, I figured you did since you said you eat mostly Asian food at home.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 11th, '22, 17:31    

Hotarla

She used to work as well but then she got pretty ill a few years back, she felt dizzy and her limbs would sometimes paralyze (she worked in retail). She has high blood pressure and, at one point, she also had some pretty bad acid reflux, which may have been a result of her HBP meds, which she still has problems with side effects. Most days she’s fine, some days, she just feels nauseous and sick and dizzy and lightheaded and whatnot. So she had to stop working and now just primarily stays at home alone.

We have rosemary foccacia here that we bake in the ovens fresh every day. And its not oily. It seems quite dry to me actually. One of the employees actually turned the leftover foccacia into croustinis lol. XD;; that’s like…croutons, sorta. Just really dry, crispy bread things that you can eat for those dinner cheese platters or for soup or whatnot. But yeah, whenever they do any cooking here, its always olive oil. I haven’t seen them use any other oils here, and they refuse to use something like canola oil i think. XD;;

Ooo sounds delish. Like a bread salad or something. XD

I LOVE cheese. I’m more partial to hard firm cheeses but i’d take/try any cheese. According to one of the workers from the retail kitchen, the carmelized chedder we stock is delicious.

Yeah lol. XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 11th, '22, 19:30    

light_sucks

Ah, that sucks. I'm sorry about your mom's poor health. I know that feeling quite well. I hope she has friends and or family she can hang with while all y'all are at work.

Do you make the dough too?
Because I've seen lots of cooking shows make it and it always seem oily on those and the one time my husband made it fresh at home it was super oily.

To be fair I am extremely sensitive to oily food.

Canola oil is a neutral oil so it doesn't have a lot of flavor. I think they like the olive oil because it's very flavorful. I like olive oil in small amounts but I hate the taste of olives. lol. It's very weird.

Yeah, it is kinda like a bread salad. lol. You can make little sandwiches too. So good.

Oh yes. My favorite cheese is cheddar so I'd be all over that carmelized cheddar.

I do make an effort to try any food that won't outright kill me. But I also try to be honest and be like I'm probably not going to like this. I don't like hurting people's feelings. I'm just very picky with food.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

[ 1377 posts ]