Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1377 posts ] 
Everyone is welcome~ Here are some topics to jump in with!
What's the weather like where you are?  17%  [ 6 ]
Plans for the summer?  8%  [ 3 ]
How do you feel about the new update's items?  17%  [ 6 ]
FOOD  58%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: ☾ •̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Take My Boredom。・:*˚:✧。
Posted: Nov 13th, '22, 03:11    

Hotarla

Hugs: 89528
that's the thing, she's usually home alone. so i worry when she's alone. sometimes i call her from work just to check up on her. xD;;

no we buy the bread frozen from another supplier and we just bake them in-store. so...i guess they're baked/heated fresh? XD i've seen the bags that they use to wrap the bread showing oil stains but like......not as oily as you're saying they are. xD;;

i don't oily food myself. i tend to stay away from fried food too.
i was also told that olive oil shouldn't really be used for cooking. for one thing, it burns pretty quickly. for another, apparently the taste changes when heated up.

sandwiches made with bread salad? XD

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Nov 13th, '22, 20:57    

light_sucks

Hugs: 156723
Mood: vaguely alive
I'm always home alone too. Poor mom. It's nice that you call in to check on her.

Oh yeah, that's way different than making it fresh. It's crazy oily bread. They probably make it less oily so it's easily transported.

Olive oil shouldn't be used for frying but it's great for lots of other food prep as long as the temperature doesn't get super high. 374-405F is the smoke point. So as long as you're not cooking higher than that. Literally everything tastes changes when it's heated up.

Well it's just sliced, not minced up. So it's slices of tomatoes, slices of bread, slices of cheese. So if you take a slice of bread and then put tomato and cheese on it, then another slice of bread it makes a little sandwich.

Here's what it looks like, just imagine there's also small slices of baguettes too.
https://www.google.com/search?q=caprese ... s-wiz-serp

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 14th, '22, 02:15    

Hotarla

yeah sometimes. if i know shes not feeling well that day, if i have the time. which is why my mom hates it when my sister doesn't reply to her messages. 8u like a simple 'yes or no' question and she can't even make the time to answer. like "are you coming home for dinner tonight? should we save food for you?" and then she doesn't reply til almost dinnertime, after everything has been prepared and defrosted and then she'll reply and then my mom sometimes has to scramble to either make more food........or get mad over making TOO much food. 8u

probably. 8u i dunno, i'm no chef. XD whether its about crazy oily bread or how to use olive oil. xD;;

ohhh i see. that makes more sense. xD

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 14th, '22, 19:09    

light_sucks

I hate when people just ignore my texts. It's so rude.
If I was your mom I would probably just text her back and be like you replied too late, you need to make your own food now.

I think that cooking is an important skill to learn for everyone. At least knowing how to follow a recipe. I suppose if you eat mostly Asian food you don't really need to worry about olive oil or oily bread. lol.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 15th, '22, 15:12    

Hotarla

That’s what i tell her sometimes. Im like “shes a big girl, in fact, shes a frikkin adult. If she doesn’t reply to her texts/whatsapp, forget about preparing anything extra or saving anything, she can make food herself!” Like my mom gets so stressed and then her blood pressure goes up and i’m like “srs mom stop stressing” like my sister is in her 20s, if she doesn’t reply, she doesn’t get food, she can make her own. 8u

Yeah it is a pretty important skill. I know how to cook but for anything more special, i’d need a recipe. And i could probably follow a recipe. Unless its baking. Then i’d screw up the measurements lol. XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 15th, '22, 21:17    

light_sucks

Baking is one of those things that you gotta be real careful about. The ratios of ingredients are very important or some super awful things can happen. lol.

Cooking is basically just throwing whatever tastes good together. Measurements are not completely necessary.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 16th, '22, 04:36    

Hotarla

which is why i hate baking. cooking, it doesn't matter. baking? mess it up, it either goes hard or too soft......or explodes lol. XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 16th, '22, 20:48    

light_sucks

Have you had something explode on you while baking?
That's a huge whoopsie. lol.

My husband is more of a cook/baker than me so my contributions are usually measuring things out and/or cutting things up.

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

Posted: Nov 17th, '22, 02:52    

Hotarla

no, i haven't, since i don't bake at all. xD but i'm just saying. like what if someone was making cream puffs and put in too much of something? and then BOOM.

measuring, no. cutting up, i could probably do. xD

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 17th, '22, 04:51    

light_sucks

I guess if you used the wrong ingredients or put them in at odd times something might explode. But the only combo of food that I can think of exploding is probably baking soda and vinegar. Which don't often go into food together. Well, in a way that they would explode.

Don't you have measuring cups? I find measuring soothing. Unless I'm working with particularly sticky food like peanut butter.
I like to chop chop. :qh:

(0) (0)

Call me Moss.

[ 1377 posts ]