Chugging an energy bar on the morning commute  3%  [ 2 ]
:food:  44%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: What Did You Eat Today? [50k FP Challenge!]
Posted: Jun 2nd, '22, 15:10    

Amura

Hugs: 67971
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
Rubie, I do love raw carrots. I eat them in the same way other people eat fruit.
You would take a piece of fruit as part of your breakfast, or you would snack on fruit during the day. I do the same with carrots.
That said, you need to find good carrots. Sometimes you buy carrots that are just tasteless, they are good enough for cooking but not worth snacking on them raw.

Pumpkin katsu curry does sound delicious indeed!

Today I had eggs and salad for breakfast.
Just had lunch now, I stir fried some cod in veggies, plus more salad. And more of the homemade ice cream for desert.
For dinner I'll be making some broccoli ao gratin.

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Jun 2nd, '22, 16:26    

Natsuyuki

Hugs: 32013
Mood: ~(=w=)~
Raw carrots are absolutely lovely when the carrot is nice and crispy and sweet :mclove:
One year I was trying to diet and ended up depending on raw carrots for snacks as a candy substitute XD;;;;

Last night we made this fun fusion dish that is penne pasta noodles but topped with Chinese jajiang sauce (thick sauce made by stir frying ground meat with soy sauce and spices) and cucumber and carrots!
It was really spicy but really good *____*

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 2nd, '22, 19:44    

blackbriar

Hugs: 60622
Mood: lazy
Oh man, I had a whole argument with a Vietnamese coworker about uncooked vegetables, which is apparently not a real way to eat them. He couldn't understand how Americans can just eat raw carrots like some kind of cavemen. Because, ya know, I be eating raw carrots pretty much every other day.

So far today though, I've just eaten a subway sandwich. The teriyaki one, which I don't normally have. And instead of chips, I always get the little squeeze pouch of applesauce.

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Jun 2nd, '22, 20:03    

Rubie

Hugs: 142696
Oh man I love raw carrots too. I always loved eating the regular ones (as opposed to "baby" carrots) especially as a kid and thinking I was Bugs Bunny lol. It's one of my favorite snacks when I'm in a healthy kick. Sometimes I make that dip like I said before to eat with it.

I started...marinating them I guess? In a little bit of soy sauce before sautéing them, which is kind of really good half the time, the other half the time I mess up somehow?

My brain totally read that you put the applesauce on your sandwich. What an interesting combo that would be.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jun 2nd, '22, 20:07    

blackbriar

Hugs: 60622
Mood: lazy
Maybe if it was a sweet sandwich apples, in general, would be good? XD I mean, if adding chips to a sandwich for some extra crunch works, then apples on a sweet teriyaki might work too?

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Jun 2nd, '22, 22:00    

Amura

Hugs: 67971
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
@blackbriar:
I'm not even American, so it's not just a local thing.
And there are so many things that here are usually eaten raw, such as onion, tomato or pretty much any greens.
My parents love tomato, and if there is a good ripe one in the garden they may pick it and eat it right away. I don't like tomatoes but they look so fruity that to me it makes perfect sense.

Btw we ended not eating the broccoli.
We ordered a pizza to a new pizzeria which opened recently. It was ok, but nothing to die for.

(0) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Jun 2nd, '22, 22:23    

Natsuyuki

Wait, have I been eating unauthentic Vietnamese food this whole time? There are also raw sliced carrots in the rolls and rice sets I'd get :OOO

Also for ways to eat carrots, my mom makes kimchi with them! They become sour and salty and sweet and crunchy and are amazing with porridge *___*

Raw tomatoes are great too, we sometimes slice them, coat them with sugar then put them in the fridge to get cold. It's a super refreshing summer treat! :D

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 2nd, '22, 22:43    

Rubie

I've never had kimchi before. I found some in a local store once and chickened out of getting it because I didn't want it to go to waste if I didn't like it (and most people in my family are picky af)

Whoa. tomatoes and sugar? I MIGHT have to try that. I know someone who eats just tomato sandwiches lol. Not like BLTs, just sliced tomatoes.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jun 3rd, '22, 01:21    

Natsuyuki

Hmm, how do you feel about fermented tastes? Like, imagine pickles but more sharp-spicy with a fermented pungency? I know that can be a very acquired taste D:

Yup! Just tomatoes and white sugar! I personally like the sugar-y taste to melt into the tomatoes, so I sprinkle them on and THEN fridge it. But you can also just sprinkle on the sugar right before serving, then you get a nice contrasting texture between the crunchy sugar and the soft tomato flesh :mclove:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 3rd, '22, 04:35    

Rubie

Not to sure. never been a big fan of pickles (cucumbers) but if they are similar to that then maybe I can pawn it off to my brother of I don't like it. He's a big anything pickled fan. And spicy fan.

Ooh the crunch sounds delicious tbh. Definitely waiting to buy tomatoes from a farm stand or the farmers market when they start. (Dying to get my hands on some zucchini)

Anyway today I had leftover dessert pizza because idky my sister had me order that last night when we got dairy queen blizzards, lunch was ground turkey tacos, supper what leftover pizza with the rest of my blizzard for dessert.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

[ 357 posts ]