Yes  12%  [ 5 ]
No  88%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 41
 Post subject: Re: Pen Pals!
Posted: Oct 18th, '22, 20:32    

Miranda

Hugs: 17052
I recently got back into penpaling because if Instagram! :mccute:
I have a bullet journal and different type of journaling are very common in this community.
So an account I follow made a "find a penpal" post. You could write a comment with some information about yourself and people who were interested could comment on this.
Through this post I found 8 penpals in the beginning, but right now I only have stayed in touch with 4 of them. I found another 3 through a second post, so all in all I have 7 penpals right now, scattered all over the world!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '22, 17:18    

Fran

Hugs: 33928

oh man, i'd love to get back into penpaling!
when i was about 12 i had one i met online.
she didn't end up writing back to me, really, but it was a fun experiment.
i even got to meet her once and everything. c:

nowadays, i don't even know where to go to start penpaling ...
maybe i'll have to check ig :u

(0) (0)
`♥ } - knuffel f/p. | `♥ } - quest thread. | `♥ } - materials thread.
                    • [list][list]
      [/list][/list]

Posted: Jan 26th, '23, 03:25    

Boris_Boris

Hugs: 5302
      Mood: Tired
      Miranda wrote: Oct 18th, '22, 20:32 I recently got back into penpaling because if Instagram! :mccute:
      I have a bullet journal and different type of journaling are very common in this community.
      So an account I follow made a "find a penpal" post. You could write a comment with some information about yourself and people who were interested could comment on this.
      Through this post I found 8 penpals in the beginning, but right now I only have stayed in touch with 4 of them. I found another 3 through a second post, so all in all I have 7 penpals right now, scattered all over the world!
      I currently have two penpals, and wooh! Hehehe! I have found websites and looked at them to see if I could find penpals, but they were... not to my liking because they were either for inmates or for children, and I don't want a child as a penpal. Nothing against them... I just don't want to interact with them unless I'm donating school supplies or something. I did have three, but only kept in touch with two.
      Fran wrote:

oh man, i'd love to get back into penpaling!
      when i was about 12 i had one i met online.
      she didn't end up writing back to me, really, but it was a fun experiment.
      i even got to meet her once and everything. c:

nowadays, i don't even know where to go to start penpaling ...
      maybe i'll have to check ig :u
      I can totally link you to a website, but you'd have to make an account there, and it's mostly a website for fountain pen enthusiasts.

(0) (0)
      Gorgon Goddess Solar Gorgonphox

Posted: Jan 29th, '23, 10:30    

Amura

Hugs: 62049
      Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
      Boris_Boris wrote: Jan 26th, '23, 03:25 I currently have two penpals, and wooh! Hehehe! I have found websites and looked at them to see if I could find penpals, but they were... not to my liking because they were either for inmates or for children, and I don't want a child as a penpal.
      For some reason having a child penpal would make me feel even more uncomfortable than an inmate.
      Like, what do you talk about with a 10 year old, huh?
      I mean, I can have a quick chat with one irl, but keeping a proper conversation going? I can't see myself.

(0) (0)
      G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
      A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Aug 23rd, '23, 02:44    

Boris_Boris

Hugs: 5302
      Mood: Tired
      Amura wrote: Jan 29th, '23, 10:30
      Boris_Boris wrote: Jan 26th, '23, 03:25 I currently have two penpals, and wooh! Hehehe! I have found websites and looked at them to see if I could find penpals, but they were... not to my liking because they were either for inmates or for children, and I don't want a child as a penpal.
      For some reason having a child penpal would make me feel even more uncomfortable than an inmate.
      Like, what do you talk about with a 10 year old, huh?
      I mean, I can have a quick chat with one irl, but keeping a proper conversation going? I can't see myself.
      I don't blame you, to be honest. It ust seems really weird for an adult to write letters to someone that young... even talking to them seems weird unless theyre the child's family or mentor/insturctor or someone giving life lessons as a teacher or something... I dont know.

(0) (0)
      Gorgon Goddess Solar Gorgonphox

Posted: Aug 25th, '23, 08:15    

AsheSkyler

Hugs: 12698
      Facebook: AsheSkylerArt
      Twitter: asheskyler
      When I was about 7, there was a boy I wrote to about three times before he lost interest. As a teen, I travelled for a few weeks, and wrote my parents letters and sent them a variety of paper knick-knacks and drawings I made with notes on the trip. As an adult, a fellow webcomic artist reached out to me and we've been sending weekly emails to each other for a few years as a kind of digital penpal exchange. Partly because we're both really paranoid about strangers knowing our address. XD

But, I think a snail mail penpal would be awesome. You could experiment with stationary, cute envelopes, calligraphy, and all sorts of stuff like that.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 21st, '23, 20:01    

wolfcat87

Hugs: 10680
      Mood: Interested
      I had prison penpals in the past but got bored.

(0) (0)

[ 17 posts ]