Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anime- What is Your Taste?
Posted: Jun 16th, '22, 09:01    

Rehgai

Hugs: 19241
So, I was talking to a kid, and was explaining how amazing .Hack//Sign is, and Trigun, and they were talking about.. firewatch or something?

So, what is your all time favorite Anime, and why?

Mine is the .hack universe.

.hack//sign is an anime about a video game that entrapped players. The main storyline follows one character as they remember themselves in the real world, but also explore the game.

The Soundtrack is astounding. The art is amazing, and the storyline is solid. Later, video games for the PS2, as well as a Novel series, and manga. Even 2 other series. But what I loved is each element often interacted with another- In a show, it will mention a location you can look up in the game and visit! Or will forewarn an event in the book. It was so well layered..

(1) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Post subject: Re: Anime- What is Your Taste?
Posted: Jun 16th, '22, 14:33    

Natsuyuki

Hugs: 30841
Mood: ~(=w=)~
Oh wow I didn't know .hack was this extensive! I think I only picked up its manga years and years ago :O

I haven't followed anime in recent years (thank you Life), but here are some old titles that I still rewatch because they're so nice:

*Gintama: All. Time. Favourite.
Its humour is a bit of an acquired taste, but once you get into it it's so funny. It breaks the fourth wall constantly, it's basically just crack, I swear you can think of any crazy concept and the show will have an episode or arc about it (like idk, space alien cats who can talk and yank their tail off to use as swords...). You grow to love all the insane characters and when the Plot happens it's really epic and touching QuQ

*Haikyuu!!: Favourite sports anime.
I'm a fan of sports anime, and Haikyuu is the most solid one in my opinion. It doesn't get into Superpowers range, has the perfect balance of hot-blooded sports and friendship drama, and never loses sight of its purpose (the ending comes full circle and I cried so much out of happiness). It's the only story I've read where I can honestly say I love every single character. From the main duo to the Problematic Rivals to the side characters with only a couple of lines... It's just so wholesome and sweet :mclove:

*Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles: CLAMP are my goddesses~
I grew up watching Cardcaptor Sakura, she's my childhood idol LOL.
TRC is the grown up extension of CCS, basically an extensive AU that the authors created. The plot is a bit convoluted since it deals with time and multiple dimensions, but OH MY GOD the storyline, the characters, the ART! *Screams into the void*
I've re-read it like 10 times now. It's so good.
The only downside is that CLAMP's art style and the deep storyline didn't adapt well to the anime, so I wouldn't recommend that D:
But the manga, the manga is everything *___*

Some other titles that I really enjoyed: Assassination Classroom, Yuri on Ice, anything by CLAMP really, Fullmetal Alchemist (the manga)... These are all I can think of off the top of my head atm...

If anyone also enjoys these and wants to fangirl together, please send me a PM QuQ

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 13th, '22, 07:11    

JosieQ

Hugs: 88161
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
I will have to try some of these, I'm behind on my anime too.

A few old favorites:

Sailor Moon (heheheeee)
Bleach
Code Geass
Death Note
All the Miyazaki movies

I'm missing something obvious...

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 14th, '22, 01:08    

Rehgai

Miyazaki is the most amazing artist, and I love how each story is very unique in their own world.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 14th, '22, 02:13    

JosieQ

Hugs: 88161
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
What's your favorite? I go back and forth between Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away.

I'll watch one and think this one wins! Then I watch the other and I'm like nooo, it's this one!

Right now I'm leaning a smidge more towards Howl...

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 14th, '22, 03:59    

Rehgai

Ironically, it is Mt Neighbor Totoro. I showed that to my kid sister when we were a kid, and she now designs video games. My husband hates it, because it doesn't have an obvious plot, but love it!! Teaches loss to children so very well..

Out of those two, would choose Spirited Away, but love Princess Mononoke!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 14th, '22, 07:56    

Beautiful Disaster

Hugs: 22562
Mood: Yeet
.hack//sign was so good! It was one of the first anime I ever watched all the way through, and the first I watched with subtitles. I absolutely adored the soundtrack. Unfortunately I never got into the universe beyond Sign but that one will always hold a special place in my heart

(0) (0)
May those who love us love us And those who don't love us May God turn their hearts, And if He doesn't turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping.

Questing: 1 x Gold Bullion, 1 x Pearl, 2 x Pink Diamond, 4 x Silver Ore, 8 x Red Rose, 15 x Sparrow Egg

Posted: Oct 16th, '22, 01:34    

Hitomi-no-Tsubasa

Hugs: 16389
Mood: FREEZING.
Hmm, I definitely think I gravitate more to anime with action, be it mecha, magic, weapons, or whatever else. Not too big on the gory stuff though, or harem stuff. I will watch a romcom if it has an interesting premise (like My Love Story!!!).

I dunno. I guess my taste is I'll give it 5 episodes to see if I like it or not. lol.

As for favorite anime, that has changed quite a few times. When I was super young, it was Pokemon or Sailor Moon. When I was going through the dreaded Weeb phase, it was Inuyasha, then Naruto and Bleach (more Naruto though.). As for now, I couldn't choose a favorite. All of the anime I have seen that I like have their pros and cons. Right now I'm enjoying Demon Slayer and Fire Force.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 17th, '22, 11:23    

Gwendolyn Quincy

Hugs: 23718
I liked a bunch of different things, and my dislikes aren't always consistent. I mean I'm not a huge fan of fanservice, but depending on the story I may just ignore it, the same can be said of gore. Among my favorites are Marmalade Boy, Flame of Recca, Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in the Dungeon, and Detective Conan.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '22, 21:39    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72458
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I tend to watch a lot of different anime genres but my favorites haver always been darker magical girl anime like Madoka Magica and Wonder Egg Priority. I also love a lot of longer shonen anime like Bleach, Fairy Tail, and Black Clover, and short violent shows like Elfin Lied, Devilman Crybaby, and Deadman Wonderland.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

[ 19 posts ]