Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: *Resolved*Mismatched password in trades
Posted: Jul 6th, '22, 05:34    

Kurai Raban

Hugs: 10066
Mood: Back after THE longest hiatus.
I recently tried to send and receive a trade but whenever I try to confirm or cancel it, I see an error at the top of the page that says "Password mismatch!"

I just don't see how this is possible, given that I have my browser remember my password... but I did try to copy and paste it, too. I also tried a different browser as well as disabled my adblocker on the vault page. I also went so far as to change my password, which asks for the old one, so.... >>;;

Unfortunately I just don't know what else could be causing this issue, I mean I'm able to log into my account every day... Is there anything else I can try or could be causing this issue?

(0) (0)
Current quest; Light Orb 4/28, Minotaur Horn 6/60, Blue Macaw Feather 35/110, Blue Balloon 182/210
Very first fairy found: 7/31, received Flower Fairy Tiara (Jade Green)!
Second fairy found: 2/23, received Moth Fairy Leaf!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Mismatched password in trades
Posted: Jul 6th, '22, 06:22    

Rehgai

Hugs: 19025
Just an idea- Could the User you are using be the User for another Website? Like I use Rehgai for a LOT of sites. And I won't lie- This password is the weakest password. But if I typed in Rehgai somewhere else, it would probably assume this password is right? Just an idea, I don't really know...

(1) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Posted: Jul 6th, '22, 08:28    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130178
Mood: *fingers crossed*
Hi, you are able to log into your account every day, rather than staying logged in?

There have been problems in the past where some special characters in the password caused trouble on certain aspects on the sites. If you're able to, I would try changing your password to something that doesn't contain those special characters.

(1) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Jul 6th, '22, 14:01    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213008
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
It's not that the passwords don't match (I do not have access to anyone's password, so that's just what I assume), but the remember password browser feature is wonky in connection to the marketplace. It has never worked properly in the marketplace for me, so I guess that's where the problem lies.

I suggest you enter in manually, or if you want to sell a lot of things and it's a hassle, you write it somewhere, copy it and then just paste it manually.

I don't know why the remembered passwords don't work in the marketplace, but it has always been like this, so I doubt starkad will ever solve that problem. :qoops:

(1) (0)

Posted: Jul 7th, '22, 05:28    

Kurai Raban

Hugs: 10066
Mood: Back after THE longest hiatus.
Ok!! I changed my password to something without any special characters and I also copied and pasted, not have the browser remember, and that seemed to do the trick!! :mclaugh:

Thank you all so much for helping me out here! I really appreciate it!

(2) (0)
Current quest; Light Orb 4/28, Minotaur Horn 6/60, Blue Macaw Feather 35/110, Blue Balloon 182/210
Very first fairy found: 7/31, received Flower Fairy Tiara (Jade Green)!
Second fairy found: 2/23, received Moth Fairy Leaf!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

[ 5 posts ]