Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Bot topics in the forum
Posted: Oct 14th, '23, 10:43    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101367
Mood: spiritual
You're right, I thought that the spam would be removed faster if more moderators were there to help. Especially if they're in two different time zones, kind of like two mods working two different shifts. Or it doesn't even have to be a moderator, just another volunteer/helper.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Oct 14th, '23, 10:45    

Zupprika

Hugs: 177081
Mood: tired
There's some more adult advertisements in the forum (in the avatar games section).
They're so red flaggy that I hope nobody is even going to click, but still.

I hope you find a solution for this

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Oct 14th, '23, 10:47    

chuunibyou

Yeah, the bot topics are staying up for a while after being reported (and some of the bot ads are very shady). Most of the time when I click report on a spam post, it has already been reported.

I'd be happy to help remove the spam posts.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 18:14    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214027
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Starkad made some adjustments today and hopefully that will reduce the bot posts.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '23, 04:11    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 29820
I would like to thank firn and starkad ! I haven't seen a new bot post for days now! So I think its working!

Thanks so much!

(2) (0)

Posted: Nov 30th, '23, 12:47    

chuunibyou

Popping in again to say the same: it's been a while since I've seen a bot post, and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you, Firn and Starkad!

(1) (0)

Posted: Jan 2nd, '24, 03:09    

odd-fox

Hugs: 16371
Mood: perpetually sleepy ~
i'm seeing this post after receiving spam/scam pm's, so it seems they've turned their focus from posting in the forums to harassing users via pm's, which could potentially be more dangerous for users but whatever measures were taken before, is there a way to limit what new users can do when joining for a certain amount of time? it sucks to say that bc preventing new users from posting or sending pm's feels like punishment for new real people but i'm unsure how else bots can be handled and this is often a feature on other sites i've used when bot issues arise.

it's upsetting they're targeting this site; i can't remember a time where i've ever seen bot spam here and it's so rampant on every other site, it's exhausting and obnoxious. why can't people just leave social sites alone..

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

[ 17 posts ]