Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bot topics in the forum
Posted: Sep 12th, '23, 20:10    

Miranda

Hugs: 17075
Hello Firn and starkad,

there are some bot topics in certain areas of the forum and they've become more over the past few days. Some of them even advertise adult movies or are in russian.
I don't know if you already realized this, that's why I decided to make this topic.

I hope there's a way to get rid of them.

(2) (0)

Post subject: Re: Bot topics in the forum
Posted: Sep 14th, '23, 08:49    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 214040
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
I hope so too, but I don't know how at the moment.
Our anti-bot measures were also keeping real users from registering, so starkad had to disable them. So right now we seem to be stuck with either countless bots spamming up the forum or new users not being able to register. And we also have unregeistered bots all over the place, while they should only be able to post in the Feedback & Support forum, but with the latest phpBB update I absolutely cannot find the right settings for this anymore.
Still looking into a solution. I am sorry for all the bother. :mcsleepy:

Edit: I think I finally found the guest posts settings, though I am not 100% sure they were the correct ones, we will have to see whether that will at least keep unregistered bots from posting. Don't have a solution for registered bots yet.

(2) (0)

Posted: Sep 15th, '23, 21:42    

Miranda

Hugs: 17075
Thank you for the answer Firn. It was not meant to blame you or starkad but to make you aware of it in case you didn't realize it yet.

I really hope you can find a solution so Kofk can be a spam-free place again :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 4th, '23, 04:26    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 29826
Question: Do you have to remove posts one by one the bot posts as well? Since I seen a few and I been reporting them and then Im informed it was already reported :mcheh:

Just wondering if I should stop reporting them since that might be annoying to see a bunch of reports for a known problem

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 4th, '23, 06:57    

Illustrator
Firn

Carrot Cake wrote: Oct 4th, '23, 04:26 Question: Do you have to remove posts one by one the bot posts as well? Since I seen a few and I been reporting them and then Im informed it was already reported :mcheh:

Just wondering if I should stop reporting them since that might be annoying to see a bunch of reports for a known problem
If the bots do not have an account I have to remove them one by one, if they have an account I can just delete the whole account with all posts in one go.
If I delete a topic the reports get removed, so multiple people reporting the same topic is not a problem, so you do not need to worry about that. :mchappy:

(3) (0)

Posted: Oct 5th, '23, 11:43    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101379
Mood: spiritual
Would having a moderator help keep spam off the forums? Or help the reported posts be deleted quicker?

(0) (1)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Oct 5th, '23, 18:52    

Illustrator
Firn

Mokona wrote: Oct 5th, '23, 11:43 Would having a moderator help keep spam off the forums? Or help the reported posts be deleted quicker?
We have a moderator.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 7th, '23, 15:08    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101379
Mood: spiritual
if this isn't part of what the moderator does, or it is but they need extra help, recruiting more help might be an option, right?

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Oct 7th, '23, 20:55    

Illustrator
Firn

It's a technical issue with our Anti-Bot measurements which are now disabled as they were causing other trouble, but if starkad can resolve the issue, our spam posts should hopefully go "back to normal".
:qsob:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 8th, '23, 06:02    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 29826
I think Mokona is trying to say that with more mods that the spam could be removed faster? But I personally think the rate is pretty good for how active our users are. I dont see spam posts that I reported stay for more than 24hours.

Also even with more mods no one can be on 24/7 haha so some would still be up for a bit.

Unless I totally missed Mokona's point and Im sorry!

(0) (0)

[ 17 posts ]