Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 48 posts ] 
:food:
:food:  68%  [ 17 ]
:food:  32%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject: Re: anyone else seeking refuge from modern day social media?
Posted: Oct 21st, '23, 10:00    

Yokuutsu

Hugs: 10970
Mood: I just want to sleep
I totally forgot about Dappervolk...maybe I should go back.

Bc mostly, I see what knuffel I have on here with items that feed and play with them, dig, then done lol

(0) (0)
Questing: 12 x Silver Crown.

I am so far behind on castle quests.

Also: Always looking for MxM rps

Posted: Oct 26th, '23, 02:48    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 29912
I think I mostly come on to make some avatars. I have a LOT of unfinished ones just waiting for some items. This current one I started a year ago but finally got a nice top to finish it haha

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 9th, '23, 08:40    

odd-fox

Hugs: 16379
Mood: perpetually sleepy ~
lunar_eclipse66 wrote: Oct 16th, '23, 15:59 That's okay a lot of us disappear and then reappear at random times on this site so we get get you. I think that's what I like about this place. It doesn't flood me with notifications. If I get a lot of those, I tend to not go back to a place because I get annoyed by them.
ah, fair. i guess i get a lil too used to people expecting me to respond instantly. 's kinda something i miss about forum-going is that it's a lil slower pace and no one expects instant responses xD it gets overwhelming sometimes;

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

Posted: Nov 9th, '23, 08:44    

odd-fox

Sanssouci wrote: Oct 16th, '23, 23:15 Buy Nothing groups are to give away or ask for free things. They are all local groups, so there are a ton of them for all the different cities and towns, all run by different people.

Wildlife rehabbers are the ones who care for the animals. I work specifically with orphaned opossums. A lot of rehabbers will not take opossums because they require very different care from most animals. They cannot be bottle or syringe fed and instead need to be fed by putting a special tube down into their stomach. And orphaned opossums are very common because mother opossums often get hit by cars and die but still have live babies in their pouch. Most of the time the finder brings me the opossums. But sometimes they don't drive, or they're at work, etc. So I have a lot of local people who like animals friended on Facebook, so then I post on Facebook to see if anyone can pick them up from the finder and bring them to me.
oh interesting, i hadn't heard of that before. my mom and i often wish there was something like that near us with craft supplies bc we often find things we don't need/use anymore but don't want to throw them away if someone else could get some use out of it. had no idea there were groups out there like that

oh, gotcha! ah, i see. wow, that sounds like a lot of work to care for the babies but i'm grateful someone like you can spare the time to care for them. c: idk that i could ever take care of wildlife but i've often thought once my pets have passed, i might foster some animals to help out shelters etc.

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

Posted: Nov 9th, '23, 08:50    

odd-fox

dollsoul wrote: Oct 17th, '23, 06:58 Yeah, being able to come back to a thread when you want to and the slower pace of being online of being on KofK is what keeps me here. :mchappy:

I tried Dappervolk and while I love the art style, there was too much to do. :mcheh: It seemed more pet-focused than avatar forum-focused. Which isn't a problem by itself, as Goatlings is similar and I play that. But Dappervolk had so much to do that it was overwhelming.

The other forum site I sometimes chat on is voltra.us and although I'm not super regular there, I like going there when I can.
that's totally fair. i used to frequent subeta often but i felt like there was too much stuff going on so i often just focused on collecting stickers and pets.

i think i even find this overwhelmingness happens in some social video games, too. everyone's trying to be the next big thing and smash features of all other popular similar games, it becomes too much and overall isn't even a good mix of everything;

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

Posted: Nov 9th, '23, 08:53    

odd-fox

Carrot Cake wrote: Oct 18th, '23, 03:55 Oh yea I remember squiby!!! also subeta is also owned by a corp now isnt it? I felt like they were bought out to be a neopets competitor. speaking of which how is neopets still a thing hahah
squiby was so good.

wait, did it? that's kinda shocking. but also it was always a love/hate relationship with subeta cos i kinda got the impression the owner was a jerk LOL

i am kinda shocked neopets still exists, too but now is like the best time for it to exist if they do right by the users cos everyone's falling back in nostalgia moods and wanna go back. (i never was on there LOL)

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

Posted: Nov 20th, '23, 08:42    

Outline

Hugs: 5788
Mood: Illustrating
Yeah. I have a super hard time being on Facebook recently. I'm a full-time college student and a single parent, so when stuff overseas gets really intense on my timeline because everyone I know has an opinion and they don't hesitate to post it almost as immediately as they have it. I really wish people would think before they share violent news or pictures.

(0) (0)
~A woman can dream~

Posted: Dec 21st, '23, 19:52    

wolfcat87

Hugs: 10717
Mood: Interested
If it were kept to Myspace, Instagram, and Youtube I would be happy.

(0) (0)

[ 48 posts ]