Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 48 posts ] 
:food:
:food:  68%  [ 17 ]
:food:  32%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject: Re: anyone else seeking refuge from modern day social media?
Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 01:46    

odd-fox

Hugs: 16374
Mood: perpetually sleepy ~
Kitalpha Hart wrote: Oct 10th, '23, 01:31 I have several social media accounts, but I'm not really active on any of them
Avi forum sites like KofK are where I'm around the most
Social media I have a smidge of a foothold, but I'm so inactive I'm pretty sure people forget I exist lol
And then there's all the places where I have an account but I haven't been on in years

Edit: Windlyn Online, KofK, and Flight Rising. Those are the avi forum sites I'm on, tho FR is more dragon breeding
i honestly didn't get into using any medias much till i started streaming and then i was kinda looking out for tips and things to do that etc.

yea, i really miss like peak avatar forum sites LOL i actually managed to reconnect with two people i used to hang out with on gaia and one has gotten right back into things and keep asking me about things on there and i'm like buddy i'm just here to look at art, i got no idea what's happening on this site anymore XD

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 01:51    

odd-fox

Carrot Cake wrote: Oct 10th, '23, 04:14 I feel like there arent anymore avi sites. all the ones I used are close or closing...

Only ones left are the ones that are owned by corporations that dont really need to make a profit. Like gaia :mcheh:
YEA! ; - ; i go back and check old sites i remember and pretty much all are shut down. subeta is still open but i can't remember my pw to get in and i think the email connected is an old one i had to toss cos it got compromised.

i think even one similar to that site is gone. i believe it was called kingdom sky?

I ALSO REALLY MISS SQUIBY, THE CLICKABLE PET SITE WHERE USERS COULD CREATE THEIR OWN. that site was so much fun. (tho, i think some creators cos harassed and left which was sad. i never did figure out exactly what happened)

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 01:55    

odd-fox

Sanssouci wrote: Oct 12th, '23, 16:21 I am very active on Discord and Facebook.

I admin a couple FFXIV groups on discord.

On Facebook, I run my neighborhood group, my local Buy Nothing group, and a local gardening group. I post a lot of articles there about native plants. And I'm a licensed wildlife rehabber, so I'm in a lot of rehabber groups to connect with and share info with other rehabbers. And I have a lot of local animal people friended, so that comes in handy when I need to ask for help with something like transporting an animal.
i'm only active on discord to chat with my couple friends i have. i'm honestly surprised how much people use facebook for groups, i had no idea they were utlized that much.

what's a buy nothing group? also a gardening group sounds really cute! oh, wow! what do you do as a wildlife rehabber? do you actually take part in helping rehab animals or just transporting them to locations/facilities to get help?

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 01:56    

odd-fox

okay, i think i caught up on everyone kinda more directed at me :mcheh: forgive me if i forget again and don't come back for a min. the adhd has really been making it difficult to remember things lately :mcsweat:

(0) (0)
ヤッホー !
i art sometimes ~

Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 15:59    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72727
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
odd-fox wrote: Oct 16th, '23, 01:25 EEP i forgot i posted and the couple times i hopped over here since, didn't realize i didn't get notifs when there's updates here :mcheh: OOPS it's been a busy month OTL
That's okay a lot of us disappear and then reappear at random times on this site so we get get you. I think that's what I like about this place. It doesn't flood me with notifications. If I get a lot of those, I tend to not go back to a place because I get annoyed by them.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Oct 16th, '23, 23:15    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 77973
odd-fox wrote: Oct 16th, '23, 01:55 i'm only active on discord to chat with my couple friends i have. i'm honestly surprised how much people use facebook for groups, i had no idea they were utlized that much.

what's a buy nothing group? also a gardening group sounds really cute! oh, wow! what do you do as a wildlife rehabber? do you actually take part in helping rehab animals or just transporting them to locations/facilities to get help?
Buy Nothing groups are to give away or ask for free things. They are all local groups, so there are a ton of them for all the different cities and towns, all run by different people.

Wildlife rehabbers are the ones who care for the animals. I work specifically with orphaned opossums. A lot of rehabbers will not take opossums because they require very different care from most animals. They cannot be bottle or syringe fed and instead need to be fed by putting a special tube down into their stomach. And orphaned opossums are very common because mother opossums often get hit by cars and die but still have live babies in their pouch. Most of the time the finder brings me the opossums. But sometimes they don't drive, or they're at work, etc. So I have a lot of local people who like animals friended on Facebook, so then I post on Facebook to see if anyone can pick them up from the finder and bring them to me.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 17th, '23, 06:58    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101427
Mood: spiritual
Yeah, being able to come back to a thread when you want to and the slower pace of being online of being on KofK is what keeps me here. :mchappy:

I tried Dappervolk and while I love the art style, there was too much to do. :mcheh: It seemed more pet-focused than avatar forum-focused. Which isn't a problem by itself, as Goatlings is similar and I play that. But Dappervolk had so much to do that it was overwhelming.

The other forum site I sometimes chat on is voltra.us and although I'm not super regular there, I like going there when I can.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Oct 18th, '23, 03:55    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 29855
odd-fox wrote: Oct 16th, '23, 01:51 YEA! ; - ; i go back and check old sites i remember and pretty much all are shut down. subeta is still open but i can't remember my pw to get in and i think the email connected is an old one i had to toss cos it got compromised.

i think even one similar to that site is gone. i believe it was called kingdom sky?

I ALSO REALLY MISS SQUIBY, THE CLICKABLE PET SITE WHERE USERS COULD CREATE THEIR OWN. that site was so much fun. (tho, i think some creators cos harassed and left which was sad. i never did figure out exactly what happened)

Oh yea I remember squiby!!! also subeta is also owned by a corp now isnt it? I felt like they were bought out to be a neopets competitor. speaking of which how is neopets still a thing hahah

@mokona thats how I felt exactly with Dappervolk - it has too many things to do and track off. and I guess if you are okay spending 1-2 hours a day doing your dailies then its perfect. But I just wanna get on and make avatars and post lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 19th, '23, 03:33    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 72727
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
Dappervolk has that much to do for daily's. That's nuts.

I need low commitment sites.

(1) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Oct 20th, '23, 02:40    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 29855
yes same here. I even forget to collect my tokens for here lol no way am I gonna remember to talk to ALL npcs and do their daily quests to get turnips or w.e.

(0) (0)

[ 48 posts ]