cloudy  21%  [ 13 ]
sunny  19%  [ 12 ]
rainy  16%  [ 10 ]
chilly  21%  [ 13 ]
snowy  2%  [ 1 ]
mild and pleasant  2%  [ 1 ]
humid  21%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: what's the weather like where you are?
Posted: May 19th, '24, 01:12    

Outline

Hugs: 9018
Mood: Illustrating
Akili Li wrote: May 18th, '24, 22:09 Oh, I love lychees! Mostly here we can only get them canned though; specialty stores have the fresh ones once every few years if you're lucky.
There's a walmart neighborhood market where I live and they sell them. I was on WIC (woman, infant, and children. They help us get some things while baby grows up) when I first discovered them and I brought them to the register. The lady barely understood how to ring my WIC up. Stores usually have stickers near the items that WIC can be used on, but this particular store didn't have any. When I called the store later to explain that the issue I had was avoidable if they'd just use the stickers and the manager was so rude. I explained to her that it would help her employees and her customers and she didn't skip a beat when she told me that was a poor people problem. >:(

(0) (0)
~A woman can dream~

Posted: May 19th, '24, 01:48    

Akili Li

Hugs: 239495
Mood: contemplative
... and not understanding her customer base will shortly make sure she's intimately familiar with poor people problems. >.< She's setting herself up for some interesting karma, there! Too bad for that store, having to deal with a manager like that means they're probably dealing with a myriad avoidable issues.
How's the saying go again? Promoted to the level of her incompetency?
Something like that.

So were you able to get them in the end? What did you think of them?

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: May 19th, '24, 03:28    

Hotarla

Hugs: 107829
wow, you can only get fresh lychees every few years from specialty stores? that sucks. D: whenever its in season, we have it here at all the asian supermarkets. xD i live in an area where there are lots of asian supermarkets lol.

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: May 27th, '24, 02:42    

Outline

Hugs: 9018
Mood: Illustrating
Akili Li wrote: May 19th, '24, 01:48 ... and not understanding her customer base will shortly make sure she's intimately familiar with poor people problems. >.< She's setting herself up for some interesting karma, there! Too bad for that store, having to deal with a manager like that means they're probably dealing with a myriad avoidable issues.
How's the saying go again? Promoted to the level of her incompetency?
Something like that.

So were you able to get them in the end? What did you think of them?
I did get some! They've got the texture of a grape and they're super sweet. I told that lady that I was supposed to be poor, I'm a full-time college student and I have a toddler lol.

(0) (0)
~A woman can dream~

Posted: May 27th, '24, 02:53    

Hotarla

hum, dunno why but i feel kinda chilled today lol. mightve been bc it rained yesterday and it brought the temps down. even at 17C, i feel like i should switch back to longer pants lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 27th, '24, 18:35    

Akili Li

Hugs: 239495
Mood: contemplative
Ha, I thought we were already into early summer but I guess spring weather swings are still going on...

You've got chilly weather and rain, my cousins called to complain about a (brief) heavy wet snow they had, and my brother called to complain about the sudden heat wave.
>.<
We're all on the same planet, we're even all on the same hemisphere, and we're all within 15 degrees latitude of each other... why is the weather so different?
Ha ha ha, it's magic.

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: May 27th, '24, 20:50    

Hotarla

woww that temperature, that weather. XD it really does sound magical how its so different when you're not all that far apart lol.

(0) (0)

[ 557 posts ]