Two  29%  [ 15 ]
One  37%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 51
 Post subject: Re: Your oldest memory
Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 00:05    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 42769
Mood: I'm trying.
I have two memories from when I was very young, and I (obviously) can't remember which one came before the other.

1. My mother taught me to count. So she's saying each number, and I'm repeating after her, until ten, after which she smiles and says "Very good!" I'm guessing we've done this before though, because immediately after, I say, "Eleven," and that makes her laugh in delight.

2. I'm sitting in my high chair and staring at the vertical blinds at the french window. There's an orange colored light glowing somewhere and it's night time.

The first one makes me smile, while the other makes me wonder why the heck I remember that of all things.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: May 6th, '17, 22:41    

Tinker Bell

Hugs: 6817
Mood: Content
I have two as well, I think the first one happened first...

I was visiting my aunt and cousin (my mom says in Ohio) and I remember that my cousin had a trundle bed in her room. I thought it was pretty cool. I must have been about 4 because I haven't seen my cousin since I was that old. She lives in Texas now and I'm in New York...

This one isn't as fun :( My older sister and I were waiting for my father to show up. Back then he had visitation every other weekend. We were waiting either in our mudroom or on the front porch. He never showed and my sister was really upset. I was probably about 5.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: May 15th, '17, 05:16    

light_sucks

Hugs: 165123
Mood: vaguely alive
I can't recall my oldest memory. Hmmm. Maybe when I was little and I had just gotten out of the tub, I was still wrapped in a towel, and one of my little cousins came up and punched me in the boob. REALLY hard. Now I had a bit of breast even at an early age so it hurt a whole lot.

But that might not be the oldest one? I think I was around 5 or 6 at the time.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: May 18th, '17, 01:32    

JosieQ

Hugs: 89377
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
Miky90 wrote:My oldest memory was from when I was 3 years old. It's really dumb. I was playing with some lego type of toys and it was cold and I was a bored and I thought "what if I never forget this moment?". And I never did XD
I tried thinking like on different ocasions, but I forgot them, so it's really strange that I remember that.
This cracked me up. XD

I read recently that some scientific study suggests that if you THINK you have a good memory, it improves your memory. So believing becomes truth.

Maybe that's how you cemented that one in there. :mclol:

(0) (0)

[ 14 posts ]